The DMFA Radio Project

Started by Tezkat, July 08, 2006, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: TKG on September 16, 2006, 06:59:11 PM
I have been listening to a number of the clips lately (most notably the full release of 'Daniel Ti'Fiona - Warrior For Hire'), and they're actually pretty good indeed.

Thanks.

James, I don't know what you've got on your plate at the moment, but I could do with the following lines for Dan:
* The missing line from 538
* The ending line for WFH, #165 (Slip spent ages doing the Pip voice and I can't use it yet!)
Ultimately we'll need the rest of the SAIA arc as well, but I could do with the above ones as a priority.
Oh yeah, we need the Photophie lines too.  I don't know if you know Marin better than me, but I haven't been able to get in touch with her. Yeah, I've got the missing lines for Photophie now.  Cool!

Anyway, I'm going to bed.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Okay, here's the first part of the SAIA arc.  The next revision will start from 482.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/saia1_1.wav.mp3

Still to be done:

• Fa'lina voices - a bit wooden in places, and all of them have recording glitches which I can't entirely remove.  Also needs the puppet voices.
  • Need Alexsi
  • Dan says 'cubey' in a few places
  • Better 'livejournal' voice?  (Yes, Aary's logging on with the password 'merlitz'.)
  • Need full score, including radiophonics for the flash-cards (currently in progress.)
  • Need more Pip voicing from Slip, new battle sequence and the voices for the next section

insanekaosx

Posting these to make sure you have them

http://www.box.net/public/ris0ro7v5q

Was giving the old zip drive to my brother, seems those were on it, just giving the link, like i said, to make sure you have them.

Redid a line... somewhere, havent' uploaded it yet, will soonish, i hope.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GabrielsThoughts

I could do one of the rat voices, just point out a page first.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 19, 2006, 01:14:15 PM
I could do one of the rat voices, just point out a page first.

I have got quite a good set of voices for 'Rat 3' somewhere and the other male rat (4?) doesn't have many lines.  However, it would be useful to have a replacement voice for Seth Gianna.  Mar Sera was the previous actor, and I liked what he did, but it was all distorted and he seems to be out of contact.

Seth begins on #328 and appears in 331 and 333.  He may also reappear in a later arc, I can't remember now.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_328.php

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nope. Seth only appears in Arc 15, and only has something to say in those three strips.

9 lines in total.

Incidentally, we (or, I guess, I) still need to assign names to a) the sisters, and b) the psychiatrist...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 19, 2006, 05:57:07 PM
Nope. Seth only appears in Arc 15, and only has something to say in those three strips.

9 lines in total.

Incidentally, we (or, I guess, I) still need to assign names to a) the sisters, and b) the psychiatrist...

The sisters are a confused mess.  I'm not sure I can accurately reconstruct whose voice is whose, but I know Marin did one.  The others are more difficult.  It says that Hilary did one, but I can't find it and I can only find one recording for Wildwind.

The psychiatrist in 206 and 235 is called Delna.  We don't currently have an actress for her.  I was going to make an executive decision and say that she was also the unattributed character in #425 as well (see the Being Demonlogy: they might have brought her in as a consultant).

Tapewolf

In case anyone's curious, I've just noticed that the SAIA arc as it stands runs for 19 and a half minutes.  The Warrior For Hire arc was 22, including credits.  Looks like it will have to be done in two parts.  Come to that, I'm probably gonna have to buy a fresh master tape to fit it all.
Things could get awkward if the runtime of the second part falls short, but I guess we could always bung the so-called 'wonderful life' story on the end, though.  That decision will have to be made when the entire sequence is done, though.

I was going to ask for suggestions on where to start from, but I think I've just found the perfect place :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 19, 2006, 06:13:28 PM
The sisters are a confused mess.  I'm not sure I can accurately reconstruct whose voice is whose, but I know Marin did one.  The others are more difficult.  It says that Hilary did one, but I can't find it and I can only find one recording for Wildwind.

The psychiatrist in 206 and 235 is called Delna.  We don't currently have an actress for her.  I was going to make an executive decision and say that she was also the unattributed character in #425 as well (see the Being Demonlogy: they might have brought her in as a consultant).

Problem is, if she was brought in as a conslutant, she would be listening to that line, not saying it.

As for the sisters - I know at least one is called Ellen, but we had a thread on the last forum about it. I should go have a look and see if I can sort it out...

Jack McSlay

just popping up to say I'll be rataking my work on Pyro now (me doing so now has nothing to do with his recent character development)

singe I'm lazy to read a 10-page thread I'm curoius where should I go now :P
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on September 20, 2006, 02:40:32 PM
just popping up to say I'll be rataking my work on Pyro now (me doing so now has nothing to do with his recent character development)

I'm hoping you meant 're-taking' and not some other word for 'quitting'.. if you've heard this file you'll note that Pyro's "Dan seems to be more irritable today.." line is a little difficult to hear over the fight.  I think that's because it's mostly in the low end - if you can have another go on that one it could be useful for me to experiment with.  A more questioning "oh?" would be handy too.

We don't have the lines where he asks Alexsi out either, those are in #556.
After that it's the current arc.

[Holy sh__ - I forgot what I was doing and just ran notepad in Linux.  It worked, too..]

Meh.  Anyway, I don't have the following Pyroduck strips (mostly earlier arcs):

70, 72-75, 80, 91, 113, 116, 184, 185, 193, 222, 235, 311, 390, 432, 556

"Oh?  How desperate?" (483) could do with rerecording as well, if you're up for it.

Hilary

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 16, 2006, 06:26:22 PM
Thanks to Seraline, I've finally been able to complete this short, about a year overdue :P
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_482.wav.mp3
Random alert.

When you I heard you say 'slight argument over breakfast,' it reminded me of something, and I spent about ten minutes trying to figure out what. But now I have it: Winnie the Pooh's voice! It's the way you enunciated the 't's, I think.
(Please don't shoot me.) :animesweat

Tapewolf

Here's the lost lake section of SAIA pt3.  Sadly I am playing Jyrras again - perhaps it will shock Tezkat into providing the missing SAIA clips :twisted

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/saia3b.wav.mp3

Problems:
* Need Tezkat's version of Jyrras
* I left the reverb switched on when recording the Jy and Merl lines, and didn't monitor with headphones.  That will teach me to be lazy.
* No choir at the end - I need to work out how it's going to fit together, score wise, but I'll get there.
* No slapping sound as Jyrras puts the patch on. I forgot that bit during the recording.  :rolleyes

Yes, it's a little on the incomplete side, but I do like Seraline's cutting remarks and wanted to share them. :P

The next gap to be filled is the picnic scene.  That's tricky because I don't have Aary's lines for that yet.  Similarly I need more Fa'lina lines from Blade, but I believe she is on the case for this, barring infection with the bug thing that's got Amber and a couple of other people.

GabrielsThoughts

I'll try and do Seth on tuesday.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

tenlaius

sry i was gone for so long.

can i be reminded what abel's story pages i need to do for deven?
and also, are their any other rolls needed you think i could fill?

ChaoSynergy

Hmm...I am intruiged...and have gnawing at the back of my mind a slight desire to provide assistance with this.

*prods at the Warrior for Hire download*

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 01, 2006, 11:46:04 PM
I'll try and do Seth on tuesday.

Thanks, that would be appreciated.  

Quote from: tenlaius on October 02, 2006, 04:47:56 AM
Can I be reminded what Abel's Story pages I need to do for Devin?

Devin debuts in #35 (that's file 35 not episode 35) and carries on from there.  The main project at the moment is actually SAIA, although it's always handy to have a library of voices, except when someone voices half the character and then disappears like Khazan did :(

QuoteAnd also, are their any other roles needed you think I could fill?
Not really, I'm afraid - we have male voice actors coming out of our ears.  Now, female roles, there's a number of those going..

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on October 02, 2006, 04:44:09 PM
Hmm...I am intrigued...and have gnawing at the back of my mind a slight desire to provide assistance with this.
*prods at the Warrior for Hire download*

Well, as I say, we have no shortage of volunteers for the male roles.  No-one has yet recorded any voices for Xander so far, although I think Aridas may have had an eye on that one, I'm not sure.  Apart from that, it's mostly spot roles and many of those are female too :(
Now non-copyright sound effects, that would be handy.  We really do need a replacement for the awful squeaky wheel in SAIA-4c...

ChaoSynergy

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 02, 2006, 05:08:15 PM
Now non-copyright sound effects, that would be handy.  We really do need a replacement for the awful squeaky wheel in SAIA-4c...

I just shot you off an e-mail with a little something I recorded with my quite squeaky office chair.  Might suffice, might not.

Aridas

Yeah, I was thinking about doing the voice for either one of those two, but current conditions forbid it:

1. Jet engines in my PC
2. Having to say things somewhat loud in public (well, now. I moved.) to otherwise to record at a low enough volume to eliminate background noise even with the fans turned down
3. I keep forgetting how to do the voices when I actually try to record. o.o

So, they're up for grabs I guess. Maybe next time a male role comes along I'll have my new PC. Then for sure I'll be recording in better conditions.

ShiningShadow

TW what do I have to do to join on the Radio Project do I send you my voice throught your email to see am i perfect for any of the cast?

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 03, 2006, 07:49:25 AM
TW what do I have to do to join on the Radio Project do I send you my voice throught your email to see am i perfect for any of the cast?

More-or-less, yes.  Or you can upload it on Rabidshare, files.bz or your own website or something and post a link to it here so other people can comment on it too.
Bear in mind that, as I said, we have more budding voice actors than open roles.

ShiningShadow

That's cool I will get to work and share my voice talents to everybody.

GabrielsThoughts

here you go  Seth Tracks... I had some fun with the dialoge of a couple of them(i.e. a small joke at the end of one of the tracks that can be edited out easily.) if you don't like it let me Know.

seth1

seth2

seth3

seth4

seth5

seth6

seth7

seth8

Hope you enjoy!

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 03, 2006, 01:39:49 PM
here you go  Seth Tracks... I had some fun with the dialoge of a couple of them(i.e. a small joke at the end of one of the tracks that can be edited out easily.) if you don't like it let me Know.

Hope you enjoy!

Okay, there are a couple of things that could be improved.
Firstly I'm used to Mar's rendition which is more nasal and ratlike.  However, by playing yours about 20% faster, it comes out quite nicely.  The problem is that most of the later ones are.. too fast.  If you can say #3 more slowly that would be nice - it sounds a little rushed at normal speed - speeded up it's way to fast.

Secondly, Putfile is a total bitch to get the files out of.  It's okay for one or two, 8 is pushing things a bit.  Mewgal put something like 40 files on it which was a traumatic experience  :U
Rapidshare isn't good but at least you don't have to examine the page source code to download the file.

Thirdly, the volume levels are changing a lot.  The first couple are okay, after that it starts to go downhill, like you're moving your head around while recording.  I print the lines out and hold them in front of me so I can keep my head in more-or-less the same place at all times.  Related to this is the 'popping' problem.  Try to speak across the mic instead of directly into it.

The one where you're shouting, the first bit is way, way too quiet - it will have to be re-done because it's all buried in the background noise.  Probably a better idea to do it as two takes - one for the run-up and another take for the shouting.

Four.  Mar was a bit better at expression.  You're pretty good, but he added a few nice touches, the slight laugh at the end of "you already know Jyrras I presume".

So, if it's not too much hassle, could you rerecord 3-8 a bit more slowly and with more consistent levels?  What you've got is pretty good - if you can sort those out it will be a good replacement for Mar.  I'll put up his recording if you want a reference, although I didn't like the way he pronounced Jyrras.

GabrielsThoughts

I'll Try do some tomorrow I'm working on an essay for english, studying for a exam in spanish.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf: If you add the firefox extension "video downloader" it will happily do the trawling through the source for you.

right click, close the "dont' right client you git" window, then select the "download video" option from the menu that appears. That will generate a new window with a download link in it, click that, and save the resultant file....

Just in passing :-)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 03, 2006, 06:30:04 PM
Tapewolf: If you add the firefox extension "video downloader" it will happily do the trawling through the source for you.

Firefox hates me, though.  The first time you download something it takes about 30 seconds, and each time after that takes twice as long as the previous one, so you can quite easily get into 5-minute lockup times.  So for most purposes I use Konqueror instead.

Gabriel, your Spanish is arguably more important.  Not having Seth isn't really holding anything up, so it can wait.  Now Fa'lina and Aary on the other hand..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Really? Mine just skips through...

want me to grab those and rehost them, in that case? :-)

GabrielsThoughts

Click here to watch seth3-2

its on putfile...because I need to get my need to feel important.