The DMFA Radio Project

Started by Tezkat, July 08, 2006, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zedd on September 04, 2006, 12:50:16 PM
I wonder what char be best suited for a normal deep voice

The other suggestion would be the Goon, that Biggs has hanging about, or any of the Security Guards in various places. Well, except for the one played in the Janus Bond arc... :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

insanekaosx

A deep voice? There's a deer that talks to Jyrras at a bar somewhere, I tried doing his voice and I just didn't like how I did it. I can't rememner the comic number for you atm, sorry.

Tapewolf

That would be #102.  Not on my list of priorities, although it might make a good insert.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Tapewolf

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/saia4c.wav.mp3

Some of Dan's lines are missing, I did those.  I also did Fa'lina.  Seraline provided the warp-aci.

I still need to add virtually all the sound effects but I don't have time tonight.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2006, 01:17:29 PM
That would probably be an idea :)

Granted. :-)
... the corruption is that now, the ball is in your court. :-)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 05, 2006, 06:36:28 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2006, 01:17:29 PM
That would probably be an idea :)

Granted. :-)
... the corruption is that now, the ball is in your court. :-)

Corruption?  Perhaps this will make sense in the morning.

Anyway - does anyone have any comments about last night's recording?  How to arrange the Nirfy/Abel bit so it works, perhaps?

llearch n'n'daCorna

* llearch n'n'daCorna points Tapewolf at the "Corrupt a Wish" thread in the Arena...

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2006, 04:25:28 PM
James, is there any chance of more Alexsi recordings at some point?  We don't have enough to cover 'Disasters' completely, let alone the SAIA/Life Is Wonderful arc.
It may be a little more difficult with me moved, but I'll see about putting my sis to work the next time I visit.

Zedd

*hugs James cause he's a nice guy cause he helped me awhile back and Jak and Llearch too cause they are sweet gents*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Right! Who's been out and out lying, baldfaced, about me!

Come on! I'm not leaving until someone owns up!

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 06, 2006, 11:23:55 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2006, 04:25:28 PM
James, is there any chance of more Alexsi recordings at some point?  We don't have enough to cover 'Disasters' completely, let alone the SAIA/Life Is Wonderful arc.
It may be a little more difficult with me moved, but I'll see about putting my sis to work the next time I visit.

Okay, we can probably find someone to temp for it until then.  Do you think you could record a few Dan voices, though?  All the lines for #538 are missing, for example.
I'd also like a different take on #539 and #540.. the 'only one bed in this room' lines.  A more accusative tone is what I was hoping for, e.g.:
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/music/dmfa/onebed.mp3

Also 'you suck' is a bit too forceful - IMHO Dan should be more tired by this point.. it's said that he just settles with that riposte because he's too tired to think of a better one.

Hilary

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 05, 2006, 07:09:32 PM
Anyway - does anyone have any comments about last night's recording?  How to arrange the Nirfy/Abel bit so it works, perhaps?
Hmm... maybe Abel could come in just before Nirfy's done with the word 'bishonen' so that he'd have time to react?
(Side note: I love Abel's bed joke giggle. 'Lint!' too. ^^)

insanekaosx

Quote from: Hilary on September 06, 2006, 08:43:52 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 05, 2006, 07:09:32 PM
Hmm... maybe Abel could come in just before Nirfy's done with the word 'bishonen' so that he'd have time to react?
(Side note: I love Abel's bed joke giggle. 'Lint!' too. ^^)

I'm proud of the 'Lint!' quote, heheh. The giggle there.... just kinda scared me that I could do that >>

Tapewolf

Quote from: insanekaosx on September 06, 2006, 10:14:21 PM
I'm proud of the 'Lint!' quote, heheh. The giggle there.... just kinda scared me that I could do that >>

Yes, it was pretty good.  It's very hard to laugh convincingly.  Even my Yumeii was kind of stilted, and I thought of as many funny things as I could to do it.

Llearch, just been reading your QA notes on Flawed Perception. 

> trapped_in_saia2.wav.mp3 : Is line 507.3 by Dan done by the right person?

Yes. Perhaps I've been listening to James too much, but I can tell it's him, even if I didn't know it was.

> saia3_2.wav.mp3 : Missing from 520 to 523

Yes.  This might be difficult to add in now, but I'll work something out.

> Nirfy in 526.5 needs recording by someone else

Yes.. we still need to find someone excitable.

> Abel in 526.6 needs recording by the appropriate person

The lines are correct, it's just the anger that we need.  Also for 528 and 529, unless mine work as they are.  Any chance you could do that, Insane?

> saia4c : There's no rush of flame when Abel sets fire to himself.
I'm still deciding how to engineer that.  I don't have any matches, but I suppose I could use a taper on the gas hob.  Might need to filter out the sound of the gas itself, though.  I also need the washing machine to be idle, which it isn't right now.
I'll probably record the 'vending machine' noises at that point.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Noted, and updated.

Incidentally, I think I'll wait until next saturday to update the scripts (for next week), since we'll be having a "every day this week" week with updates...

... unless I get bored. :-)

Tapewolf

This isn't strictly part of the Radio Project, although I may use the music for that part, probably in a more orchestral form.  It's from one of my favourite parts of the series, and inspired by Dard's comment on The Nice when we were trying to thrash out whether Dan knew if his mother was a succubus.

http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/music/wddthw_clip.mp3

insanekaosx

I can't do it now, and probably not today, but I'll see what I can do, yo :D

Zedd

I wonder I should be the voice of DP or....That good that works for biggs....Or something..Grrr so hard

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on September 09, 2006, 12:31:33 PM
I wonder I should be the voice of DP or....That good that works for biggs....Or something..Grrr so hard

We've already got a complete set of recordings for Pegasus, most of which are committed to tape now.  Besides, as they say, the bad guy has to be English :P

Zedd

Maybe chat with me on yahoo and I can give you my voice

insanekaosx

looks like i didn't get to it today, either. Sorry >< I doubt I'll have much time tommorow either >> I hope there isn't alot of school work this week ^^;;

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm.
sais4vm:
Still funny. :-) More seriously - this is about the paper cup dropping (which you've taken as a plastic bottle dropping, I think) or the squeaky wheels?
saia4_overreact:
Nice whoof.
Just as a variant (the idea being supplying you with a few things to test and see which sounds better) have you tried winding the gas up to max, so there's a roaring as well? Since Abel has flames all over himself at this point...

Doable, or not worth the effort?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 11, 2006, 11:52:03 AM
Still funny. :-) More seriously - this is about the paper cup dropping (which you've taken as a plastic bottle dropping, I think) or the squeaky wheels?

The wheels should be the same as the previous take, although I did do the speedup thing since the first version.  The vending machine is what I'm interested in.  It's made up of three layers - the refrigeration system which is constantly humming in the background, keying in the selection and the mechanism (microwaving a small glass of water) and finally the can falling into the chute (a tin of tomatoes falling off a shelf inside a closed fridge).
I'd try to record a real one, but I wouldn't be able to use the condenser mic, I'd look like a fool, and I can't remember where there is one offhand - except for Newport station which will be full of ambient sounds.  It would also cost me about 50p each take for a bunch of soft drinks which I don't even like.

Nice whoof.
Just as a variant (the idea being supplying you with a few things to test and see which sounds better) have you tried winding the gas up to max, so there's a roaring as well? Since Abel has flames all over himself at this point...
That might be worthwhile, I'd have to set up the rig again though (that laptop is useful already!)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 11, 2006, 12:02:08 PM
The wheels should be the same as the previous take, although I did do the speedup thing since the first version.  The vending machine is what I'm interested in.  It's made up of three layers - the refrigeration system which is constantly humming in the background, keying in the selection and the mechanism (microwaving a small glass of water) and finally the can falling into the chute (a tin of tomatoes falling off a shelf inside a closed fridge).
I'd try to record a real one, but I wouldn't be able to use the condenser mic, I'd look like a fool, and I can't remember where there is one offhand - except for Newport station which will be full of ambient sounds.  It would also cost me about 50p each take for a bunch of soft drinks which I don't even like.

Well.. there's one here in the office. And it gets used all day. So.. I could record it being used, if you like?

Only problem is, since this is a geeky office, there's typing and excess background noise, and I'm not sure how much of that my mike would pick up. And there's coinage going in, so...

I can give it a go, though, if you want.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 11, 2006, 12:53:20 PM
Well.. there's one here in the office. And it gets used all day. So.. I could record it being used, if you like?

If you could, that would be appreciated.  We don't have one in my office, unfortunately.

insanekaosx

I make no guarantees, but if I can find a way to borrow a laptop, I coudl try and record one of the vending machines at school. A bit agter school ends the Cafetaeria is usually empty enough.

Also, I should be able to get lines done  alittle more quickly now. I have got myself a nice microphone (Cyber Acoustics Cvl-1064 Desktop Microphone for those mic-savvy folk)

Tapewolf

Thanks to Seraline, I've finally been able to complete this short, about a year overdue :P
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_482.wav.mp3

..that's not actually Equidna, but he did approve the recording  :mowsmile

tkg

I have been listening to a number of the clips lately (most notably the full release of 'Daniel Ti'Fiona - Warrior For Hire'), and they're actually pretty good indeed. Although I don't have the ability to help out much at all on this project, I shall still be following its progress :smile