The DMFA Radio Project

Started by Tezkat, July 08, 2006, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 04, 2006, 02:28:50 PM
Click here to watch seth3-2

its on putfile...because I need to get my need to feel important.

Yes, that's good - sorted out the volume problem and it sounds decent at 20% faster too.  A little lacking in treble perhaps, but I should be able to fix that with the filter.

**EDIT**

Insane, do you think you could do some more angry sounds for Abel?  I can probably use the 'stutter' set you've provided, but we do need a replacement for #527 where he attacks Ink.  Currently we have me going "Rrrrr!".  A sort of angry scream would be good, or you can try to do your own "Rrrrr!".

Cheers,

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Here's a slightly updated version of the lost-lake SAIA arc, I've been experimenting with scores.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/saia3b-2.wav.mp3

I still need Pip and Aary's lines before I can sensibly think about doing the picnic scene (495-503).

Incidentally, owing to a billing screw-up with the hosting company - mostly my fault - there may be a loss of service on it-he around the 13th. I believe the issue should have been resolved by now, but we shall see.  I'll probably give them a call tomorrow to make sure.

insanekaosx

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 04, 2006, 02:32:56 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 04, 2006, 02:28:50 PM
Click here to watch seth3-2

its on putfile...because I need to get my need to feel important.

Yes, that's good - sorted out the volume problem and it sounds decent at 20% faster too.  A little lacking in treble perhaps, but I should be able to fix that with the filter.

**EDIT**

Insane, do you think you could do some more angry sounds for Abel?  I can probably use the 'stutter' set you've provided, but we do need a replacement for #527 where he attacks Ink.  Currently we have me going "Rrrrr!".  A sort of angry scream would be good, or you can try to do your own "Rrrrr!".

Cheers,

Hm, thought I had redone and set it with somethign good, but can't find the somethign good anywhere. OH well, I'll do it again.

Just not righ tnow >> Soon, I promise!

Miaka

um..... yeah. I should prolly pay more attention to this thread.

Anyways, as I'm sure some of you know, There's a WikiFur page of this project, the majority of which I wrote up while extremely bored, and I have just followed suit with that and added a cast list, because I'm a strange little squirrel like that.

http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/DMFA_Radio_Project

>>

James StarRunner

Sweet! I believe this is probably my first mention in wikifur. I edited my name a bit though...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Miaka on October 09, 2006, 10:31:29 PM
Anyways, as I'm sure some of you know, There's a WikiFur page of this project, the majority of which I wrote up while extremely bored, and I have just followed suit with that and added a cast list, because I'm a strange little squirrel like that.

http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/DMFA_Radio_Project

Heh, I'd forgotten about that.  I'll have to edit the cast list since Aary is now being played by Seraline.

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 10, 2006, 12:31:02 AM
Sweet! I believe this is probably my first mention in wikifur. I edited my name a bit though...

Meh, I've got a whole stub entry.

Oh James, we'll need Alexsi's lines for the SAIA arc before I can get to mixdown.  When do you reckon that's going to be doable?  Christmas, or earlier?

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 10, 2006, 07:47:41 AM
Oh James, we'll need Alexsi's lines for the SAIA arc before I can get to mixdown.  When do you reckon that's going to be doable?  Christmas, or earlier?
Well, I definately had no time during the Thanksgiving/birthday weekend to get Tara to do anything. The Christmas break will be alot longer, but I may be able to get more before when I visit another weekend.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 10, 2006, 12:23:29 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 10, 2006, 07:47:41 AM
Well, I definately had no time during the Thanksgiving/birthday weekend to get Tara to do anything. The Christmas break will be alot longer, but I may be able to get more before when I visit another weekend.

I can compile a list of strips if you want.  Don't forget we need your voice for #538.
(And I'm gonna have to hunt Tezkat down too)

GabrielsThoughts

oh god, my throat is killing me, for a completely un related reason.

seth4-2

seth-5-2
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Otherwise known as: seth 4-2 and seth 5-2

You can thank me later, TW :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 10, 2006, 06:42:55 PM
You can thank me later, TW :-)

Indeed, much later.  I thank you.

Just a reminder, I still need the following samples for the SAIA arc:

1. Aaryanna (497 - 503)
2. Dan (#538)
3. Fa'lina 536, 541, 542  (Many of the others could be re-done too)
4. Pip (485, 494-497)
5. Jyrras (520-522)

Miaka

Latest Comic- me+Kaos were talking about voicing it over, and do you want us to do two seperate recordings- one of just Wildy and the other of Just Abel, or do you want us to give it a shot recording both in one go?

RJ

Guess what I have now?  >:3 Whoo, maybe I can finally do some voice acting!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Miaka on October 22, 2006, 07:53:30 AM
Latest Comic- me+Kaos were talking about voicing it over, and do you want us to do two seperate recordings- one of just Wildy and the other of Just Abel, or do you want us to give it a shot recording both in one go?

Together will work as long as you don't overlap.  I tend to pan people's voices according to the comic, so in this case Abel will be slightly to the left of the stereo image and Wildy will be panned slightly to the right.
But performing together would probably give it a more lively feel.

And RJ, that's good news.  :)

Miaka

mmkay, once his computer's back up and running, well get that done.
and most of the newer what's needed frm me at least.
or something.

James StarRunner

Quote from: RJ on October 22, 2006, 08:01:09 AM
Sweet! We'll have pretty much have all the squirrels in this project then!

Tapewolf

We do need a voice for Nirfy, even if it's just a standby until she can get at a mic and do her own.  Can you do 'excitable female'?

Now I suppose I should finish the music for Falina's explanation, but fighting with the tape synchronizer (and losing) yesterday and the Kula Shaker thin today has left me totally shattered.  I'll see if I can cook something up tomorrow evening..

RJ

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2006, 12:46:21 PM

We do need a voice for Nirfy, even if it's just a standby until she can get at a mic and do her own.  Can you do 'excitable female'?

Hm... suppose I can give it a try. I'll try and download that sound program too. I get a bit of machine noise when I record.

James StarRunner

Quote from: RJ on October 22, 2006, 09:27:01 PM
Hm... suppose I can give it a try. I'll try and download that sound program too. I get a bit of machine noise when I record.
I get that too. What I do is turn the recording volume down and speak up. Then when I have to yell I turn the recording volume down real low!

RJ

Zedd

Quote from: RJ on October 22, 2006, 10:13:16 PM
Well, I tried...

Nirfy stand-in - 526
RJ 'oh my' - 555

*falls over and dies by the cuteness as my ears bleed with a big puddle*

RJ

D: Oh great, now even my voice is considered cute...

Zedd

Yes mommy you got a cute voice  :mowdizzy

Tapewolf

Quote from: RJ on October 23, 2006, 05:23:56 AM
D: Oh great, now even my voice is considered cute...

RJ is good, although 'mind' comes out a little less clearly than I'd like, more emphasis on the 'D' perhaps?

As for Nirfy.. she needs to be far more hysterical and uncontrollable.  It's like Dan is the most beautiful thing she's ever seen and she has to have him at all costs.  This seems to be very difficult for people to do..

RJ

Haha... okay then... I'll try and do better next time then.

insanekaosx

Haha, I completely forgot to tell you, didn't I?

I kinda lost my PC >> And I don't trust this Mac to like my mirophone, etc etc.... I should be getting my PC back tommroow, or soon.

Then I can be lovely and give you all Abel's WONDERFUL lines some more

Including the angry yell. I will get you an angry yell

Magic

RJ is perfect. Just needs to work on it, and she's good.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Madd the Sane

Quote from: insanekaosx on October 23, 2006, 08:50:37 PM
I kinda lost my PC >> And I don't trust this Mac to like my mirophone, etc etc.... I should be getting my PC back tommroow, or soon.
What kind of Mac do you have?  Most modern Macs are capable of using mics normally, you just have to select the right input source if it has a built-in mic.  Not to mention Audacity is available for Mac OS X.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Aridas

speakers and microphones aren't exactly things you need to be picky about, in the sense that they all work.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 24, 2006, 03:13:04 PM
speakers and microphones aren't exactly things you need to be picky about, in the sense that they all work.

It's not always that simple.  It depends whether it's dynamic or condenser.  If it's a condenser mic it will require a 1.5v plug-in power source, or possibly a battery within the body of the mic.
A decent (semi) professional condenser mic will require a 48v phantom power supply, but they generally have a 3-pin XLR connection which is immediately identifiable.

More likely it's either a dynamic or a PiP condenser.  But if he just bought a microphone at random on ebay, he could have anything.  The problem happens if you try to use a PiP condenser on a PC that doesn't provide the power source - then it simply won't work.

Speakers are generally less trouble, unless you try to hook a pair of domestic speakers straight up to the soundcard without an amplifier :P