O.T. - CMF news

Started by AmigaDragon, May 26, 2008, 12:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

QuoteNews: Check out the BRAND NEW Merchant's Corner, located in the Underground Warehouse.  This is the CMF answer to Craigslist!

Where is this warehouse? They don't give a link.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Amber Williams

Down near the bottom of (just above the Treasury and Abandoned mine)

And btw, this thread should have been in general.  :U

shadowterm

near the bottom of the main page, next to the abandoned mine and the treasury. I couldn't see it until I had enough posts (Probably a preventative measure against spammers) but that hardly seems to be your problem. Maybe it's a glitch.
/)//w//(\

Damaris

Or maybe they didn't scroll down.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

AmigaDragon

Lost Lake is the only forum I ever visit here, so when this vanished shortly after posting, I had no idea whether it was deleted or moved (or where it was moved) until I used the search to find my posts. It would be nice if moving a thread would generate a PM to (At least) the first poster (if not all posters) telling where it moved.

They limit its visibility to those with enough posts, that wasn't my problem. I just never scroll down past Lost Lake. I wouldn't even see the root list if Amber had linked from her site directly into the LL forum instead of the root level.

And them comparing it to Craigslist doesn't help me, we're  so remotely rural that AFAIK we don't have such a thing here. Who is Craig? ;)
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Amber Williams

Keep in mind, this isn't meant to sound cruel.

But even if the only forum you visit is the Lost Lake one, that doesnt give you the excuse to post off-topic things in there.  I am not a mind-reader and thus I cannot tell which members visit what forum sections and thus assume that since everyone has access to the general parts of the forum, that they have the ability to post in them.

I would do the same if someone posted video-game discussion in the art forum or if someone posted a shout out thread in the general.  The different categories of the forum exist for a reason, and I cant give special treatment because the person who made the thread happens to never venture out of a particular subsection.

AmigaDragon

Oh, I wander out of your subsection... all the way out to Planetfurry, The Nice, etc. :mowhappy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 26, 2008, 12:54:06 PM
Lost Lake is the only forum I ever visit here, so when this vanished shortly after posting, I had no idea whether it was deleted or moved (or where it was moved) until I used the search to find my posts. It would be nice if moving a thread would generate a PM to (At least) the first poster (if not all posters) telling where it moved.

I'll put that in the feature request for the next version. I'm sure it won't be a problem generating 6000+ pm's when shifting a large thread... *cough*

Usually there's an option to leave a "this thread was moved" thread, but it is optional...

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 26, 2008, 12:54:06 PM
And them comparing it to Craigslist doesn't help me, we're  so remotely rural that AFAIK we don't have such a thing here. Who is Craig? ;)

Heh. Craigslist is a website with local areas put aside for various places. The idea is you can link up with people selling things you're interested in in your local area.

Sadly, the forum doesn't really have the several hundred thousand minimum member list to have such a well-split design. So we've just got one area, and we presume people are adult enough to manage. And if not, they probably shouldn't be let on the Internet without adult supervision...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Just did a search, nearest craigslist area is 200+ miles away (Duluth or Fargo)... unless we cross the Canadian border, then it's 120 miles.

Darkmoon

Don't be too literal. By comparing it to Craigslist, all we're saying is "this is a place you can post stuff you want to get rid of for money, or a place you can post about things you want to buy in hopes someone else here has it." That's all.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 26, 2008, 01:05:54 PM
I am not a mind-reader

be thankful you're not.... imagine reading the minds from the internets..  :<

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..