04/22/08 - Bad Day

Started by Cogidubnus, April 22, 2008, 09:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LionHeart

Agreed.

I also second the suggestion of guest comics - you have enough to deal with, without trying to produce comics as well.

Do take as long as you need, and know that we are all here for you.

:hug
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Sofox

Amber, my deepest condolences. I wish the best for you and all your family and pray for all of you.

A while back a relation of the person who writes http://venusenvy.comicgenesis.com gave her advice over the death of her friend. She posted it on her site, and since it seemed to help, I'll repost it here for you.
QuoteI am sorry for the loss of your friend. There's not much I can tell you to lessen the hurt but I can tell you what helps me. The first thing you can do you have done in a small way. You shared your grief with me. That's one reason funerals are important. You get to share you grief with others and a sense of finality is absorbed into your soul. So if you haven't grieved yet, take 5 minutes with Lissa, find a corner and cry until you feel just a little bit better. Or you can take 5 minutes and light a candle and just think of that person privately. The important thing is to grieve. If you have the time and energy, invite a few of this persons mutual friends over for a wake and spend the entire time talking about this person. The good the bad and the ugly.

Either a dear friend or a casual acquaintance, I suggest you make a pact with your self to think of them for at least a few moments every day. It can be a nice thought a naughty thought a discouraging though or even a time when they were an ass-hole and made you angry. Then one day it occurs to you that you no longer have those daily moments of personal thoughts. That's the time your grief is complete. You have absorbed this persons life and soul. What they were, in a small way is now part of you. This will affect everything you do ( unconsciously ) in thought and deed. It will add to your character. Even your creative talents will improve from this experience. Some day you will be doing a job, any job, have a problem and suddenly there is a brilliant solution. You have no idea where it came from, its something you yourself thought incapable of solving. You can either be giddy and self absorb with your own genius or you can give a wink and say thanks to the many life's experiences you have endured and invited into your soul.

thegayhare

the loss of a parent is rough hon

*hugs*

With the folish government burocracies on top of that adding extra presure I'll have to agree with every one else don't worry about the comic.  Take as much time as you need,  We'll be here when you get back, and in the mean time we'll be here if you need us.

Kaerou

Gods Amber.. you take care.

Do not feel responsible to us in any way, you dont need to post a comic on friday or anything, please, take  a break and take care of yourself. 

*hugs* I don't want to sound hollow or anything.. i just really feel for you right now.  I want you to take care of yourself.

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Netrogo

Gah, I'm always stumped at what to say in situations like this. I must have erased the first line ten times already. What do you really say to someone that's lost a parent? 'Gee I'm sorry?' Doesn't feel like enough to me. I'll say this though, hearing this you have my sympathies Amber. Knowing someone who brings me such joy, through the week, is out there suffering such a tragedy brings me a saddeness that is unexplainable. I hope, and know, that you'll pull through this. It'll take time but know that you have the support of everyone, who matters, online (anyone who isn't behind you doesn't matter and can rot) Take the time you need, this is not something to rush through. Take a week, take two, take a month. We'll still be here no matter how long it takes. Like we say in WoW "Real life comes first".
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Insert Witty Name

I am really sorry for your loss. I know what a blow it can be. My dad died when I was 15 and I still miss him. Take care, ok?
The lurker formerly known as "Zombie_Hunter".

Jigsaw Forte

*tightly hugs, speechless*

I can't imagine what you must be going through right now... Just do what you can, oki?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I've got to say, I'm stumped.

Pretty much anything I can say, has already been said, several times over. Including that. :-/

Take all the time you need, Amber. We'll be here when you get back.

*hugs* Suddenly the world is a smaller, sadder, and darker place without him.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Paul

My sincere condolences, Amber. Please take whatever time you need to get back on your feet.

Silverfoxr

the loss of a loved oe especially a parent is very painful - i know this all to well - take time to recover amber. dont force yourself to do stuff if you cant *hugs*

Alondro

This whole thing with the Canadian border is infuriating.  Everybody keeps screaming for an open border with Mexico, a country rife with criminal government offcials and drug lords, yet you have to go through hell to go back and forth to Canada.

It is very sad about your father.  At least you and he loved each other.  I cannot say the same about my father.  I have no respect whatsoever for the man, and even less since I found out something even worse about him, something utterly unforgivable in my eyes.

Be glad that you had a good father, at the very least.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Feather Dancer

There's no need to worry about the comic, right now the priority is yourself without having to feel gulity for not posting anything for however long you feel you need.

You have my condolences for your father, I very much doubt he'd have held it against you for losing contact with Katrina on his own end given how much of a mess that thing caused. I'm sure to him whatever happened you were a special daughter who brings laughs to people during the week, got married and made her own step in life via Wikus :)

This on top of the border it's really not your year so far in that respect. Still, your priority right now as I said is yourself then you can have another crack at getting everything sorted when you've had a bit of time. No matter what they chuck infront of you I have no doubt you'll conquer the blasted things even if it is turning out far more longwinded than expected.

There's light at the end of every tunnel and for every dark time. I'm sure us lot on the forums and the passing readers are all wishing you well for right now and happily wait for you to come back whenever that may be. In the mean time, I wish you well and send a hug despite being in a completely different country and part of the world  :)
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

katzklaw

my sincerest condolences at the loss of your father.  i can't even imagine what that is like, no one that close to me has passed yet, altho i know it will come.  all i can offer is a virtual warm hug, and a digital shoulder to cry on.

i pray that whatever this newest obstacle is that has popped up blocking your way from Canada to the US, you will find i way to overcome it, and the rest of the process goes smoothly and without any further hitches.

as for the comic... right now, you have MORE than enough on your plate.  take as MUCH time as you need.. feel NO guilt whatsoever.  if you take a week, fine. if you take a month, i can certainly wait that long.  even if you take a year to grieve and put your affairs into order, so be it. 

i am sorry  :hug

Rakala

I wish I could say I know whta it feels like, but honestly I don't. The only family members I've ever lost were all people I didn't know so I don't fully understand. Despite this I hope you take the time you need to feel better. I just hope you are able to pull through with everything. Good luck.

Tezkat

Oh dear... :kittydepressed

I haven't much to add that hasn't already been said, Amber, except to offer my own condolences and good wishes.

:mowcookie

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

vaudy

I've never posted before, I wanted to let you know how very sorry I am for your loss. I lost my own father just last December, so I know a little bit of what you're going through. I know that there's not really anything anyone can say to make it better, but I hope you can find some comfort in the fact that so many are thinking about you and your family. Take the time that you need, even if it turns out to be longer than you think. *hugs gently*

AmigaDragon

Amber, take all the time you need to sort through this and recover. We'll be here waiting for you whether it's a day, a week or a month or more. We're all saddened by your loss and hope you can get through this with a minimum of trouble.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lena

:( There is really nothing I can say, except to wish you strength and that you remember that we are all supporting you. Don't worry about us or the comic - neither come close to this. Go be with those who can physically be there for you now.  :hug We'll be waiting to help you when you need it.

Lushin

May you see God's light on the path ahead
When the road you walk is dark.
May you always hear,
Even in your hour of sorrow,
The gentle singing of the lark.
When times are hard may hardness
Never turn your heart to stone,
May you always remember
when the shadows fall—
You do not walk alone.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Ralanost

As someone stated before, there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said already.  Just know that you are not alone and that we all care for you and your well being.  Take time to grieve and get past the idiots that are the border patrol and get back to us when you are in a better state.  

:C

Ryudo Lee

I lost my grandfather on 9/11, only a few hours after the fact.  He wasn't conscious when it happened.  Anyway, I feel your pain Amber.  We all do.  Take all the time you need to straighten out your family, financial, and border issues.  We can wait, and we'll be here when you get back.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

KarlOmega1

I have had family memebers dying on both sides of the family, mostly my mother's side...so I know how you feel, Amber. I felt the same way when my grandfather died a few years back. My prayers go with you and your family.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Gareeku

I am truely sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tiger_T

:mowsad My sincere condolences, Amber.

I wish you much luck for a swift, good end of the border-problems.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aleolus

I am so sorry to hear all that, Amber, I really am.  You take all the time you need to work out all the crap you're going through, we are willing to wait!

Greyblade

*hugs*
You take the time you need, Amber.  Nobody's going to get pissy if there's not a comic for a while.  We understand.

SpottedKitty

:hug

Best wishes, Amber. I know what it's like. Take as long as you need to get back on top of things. We'll be here.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Aisha deCabre

I couldn't possibly say this better than everyone else has said before, but still, I too offer my condolences.  It's hard to lose someone you care for.

Good luck and good fortune, and that goes too for your father.   :hug
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Roureem Egas

Good luck, and take care of yourself for now.

Vidar

My condolences, Amber. I have little to add to this thread, accept my best wishes.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</