04/22/08 - Bad Day

Started by Cogidubnus, April 22, 2008, 09:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

I am, and I know we all are, sorry for your loss, Amber - the death of a family member like that is reason enough to grieve. I can't imagine what it'd be like having to deal with bureaucracy at a time like that.

Whatever comfort it is, I know that we all feel for you, and wish that we could do more to comfort than offer condolences. We feel for you, Amber. I hope things get better for you soon, and that you will soon be able to rest.

Kishyka_Stormwalker

My family and I send our deepest condolences, as well as tons of hugs, prayers, and good wishes. You and your loved ones are in our thoughts and prayers and will be int he coming weeks.

-Kish

Zedd

Im sorry for your loss Amber, :<  I do hope our hugs and love will help you...Rember we will always be there for you no matter where you are.  :hug :hug  :love1

techmaster-glitch

...oh man. That is just horrible. You haven't seen or heard of him since before Katrina? Not having had a chance to even see him before it happened...I feel for you. I really do. I lost a father as well, but not like this. And, like Cogidubnus said, with all the bureaucracy on top...
   I'm with Zedd as well. We are with you, Amber.

Sunblink

Quote from: Zedd on April 22, 2008, 10:02:28 PM
Im sorry for your loss Amber, :<  I do hope our hugs and love will help you...Rember we will always be there for you no matter where you are.  :hug :hug  :love1

Definitely agreed with Zedd.  :hug I'm sorry, Amber. Please take it easy. We'll understand.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Dracora

I'm sorry for your loss. Really, you should take it easy. I wouldn't even be updating this Friday if I were you, I'd be asking for guest comics or something. Just give your mind some peace and rest and time to sort it all out. Really, thats the most important thing right now. Take it easy.  :hug

Faerie Alex

Honestly, I don't know what I can say. I'm not that great at conveying emotion over the interwebs. I feel for you though. I don't know what I can really do for you...I'll send hugs :hug and condolences. And please, take as much time as you need. Rather that you take some time to sort this all out than burn out trying to do too much all at once.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

M

I'm so sorry. I've had a family member die recently as well. He was my great uncle, and I regret not getting to know him. (He ran an insane asylum, of all things)

My condolences to both you and your family. I hope you'll take whatever time you need to sort everything out.

Ryan_Galen

Really not the type of unexpected delays we hope for. Not that we hope for them but something like this is at least proof that some are better then others.

Take your time Amber. Spend it with the people that can actually hold you. Internet will still be here when you're ready to return.

Don

I know what it's like to lose family members and truly I am sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in prayer.

Take care Amber, I hope you can find your happiness again soon.

TheAuldGrump

Oh dear gods, I am sorry for your loss. When my da died last year I was at least able to visit him one last time. To lose track of someone so important in your life, and then discover that he has died is a very sad thing.

You have my best wishes, and I hope your friends and family can help you to weather this storm.

The Auld Grump

Jim Halisstrad

I'm sorry for your loss and your border troubles. 
Good luck to you and yours.  I sincerely hope things start looking up for you in the near future.

Darkdragon

Today we gather in times of darkness, not in times of light; today shall be a time of weeping, for the father of one we care has passed away, has moved onwards to the next realm.

While it may be true Amber's father is in a better place, we must not forget its heart-shattering effects on the ones still left, namely Amber and her brother Mike. The sorrow and grief to cope with such a loss can be unbearable, it is our duty as good citizens help the two to overcome this impasse.

I will give you my sympathy, flowers for the grave and can only hope the miseries will cease.

Turnsky

you have my condolences, amber, i know exactly how you feel, you take some time out to sort things out, we'll still be here if you need us  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

SuaveIV

Finfan

Amber: It's been almost 8 years for me and I still miss my dad.  So grieve and let the feelings out it does no good to hold them back.  You have many faithful followers and friends who will stand by you in this time.  I only wish we could help you with the border stupidity.  Take however much time you need.  We'll be here when you get back!

DarkAudit

My deepest condolences. I lost my dad when I was 17. It's been 22 years and I still miss him.

Take as much time as you think you need. We'll still be here. :hug
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Anri

Demont

I do know the pain of losing someone your loved.  :mowsad To lose your father must very painful. I do hope thing will get better for you Amber.  :cry

Lorien

*hugs*  Amber, the last thing you need to worry about is updating right now.  You really should take a week off at the very least to have some time to yourself and to overcome the foul beast that is the Canadian border.
I wish there was something that could be said to make this all better, but I know there isn't.  So I hope you feel better and don't forget that we're here for you.

WhiteFox

I remember when my grandfather passed away. He was nearly ninety, and he was just withering away. Last time I saw him, his legs were about as thick around as my wrist. He barely mumbled a few words. I don't really know what was wrong, but he'd only had a few days left. He past on a few days later.

Even if you see it coming, even if you're there holding his hand, it doesn't get any easier. A loss in the family is always painful, no matter the events surrounding it. Just remember that even if you weren't there to see him off, he knows he's in your heart now. All *you* need is time, and the darkness will pass.

As for personal problems, I started losing my sight due to diabetic complications last year, it's gotten worse. I'm mostly blind in one eye, and the other one is starting to get spotty. But you just need the same advice I did: Sort out your problems, make a plan, get them under control. And if you are doing everything you can, don't stress about it. Calm you self, and say you have done what must be done. That's all you can do.

If you're really in a bad place, make some art about it. Even if you're not going to show it to anyone, it always makes you feel better afterwards.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Lomgren

I know it has been an extremely long time since I last came to the forums here, but this is a topic that deserves a post.

:cry :hug :tighthug  Amber, take as much time as you need.  Losing family members is... extremely difficult.  Especially your father, even if you haven't been in contact.  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  And yes, we are here.

I have a couple of things that I drew/wrote concerning the passing of my grandma over a year ago.  The piece of art was drawn back then, the poem was written much more recently and posted a few months after I wrote it.  Maybe these will help.

http://lomgren.deviantart.com/art/Brokenhearted-color-43982817
http://lomgren.deviantart.com/art/A-Soul-s-Lament-75047398

e_voyager

I offer whats condolences i can. i know how hard it is to lose someone close to you.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kenji

May your mind remain in one piece and your heart keep it together long enough to keep you together.

Some folks on the Jack forum also pass along their sympathies.

Azraelle

I'm sorry Amber.  *sincerest hugs*

Cvstos

Holy CRAP!  That... wow.  I've heard of Murphy's Law but this is taking it to a whole new extreme.  My condolences and sympathies.  I... don't even know what to say beyond that.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Reaver225

Something like this... there's definitely no need to worry about your readers after news like this... Please, do what's best for yourself at this time. My condolences, for what they're worth.

Timothy

*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Cemalidor

:mowsad
And there i was, thinking i was having a bad time cause some stress at work......  :(

Some times one need to see how other peoples are suffering to see how fortunate he really is..
(hope my bad english don't mix this up ^^;; )

My deepest condolences for you and your family.  :hug

Tapewolf

That is awful.  I don't think I can really add much that hasn't been already said, but yes, I have a pretty good idea of what you're going through and my thoughts will be with you.
If you need a break, I don't think anyone here could hold it against you.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E