[Art] Alteisentier Art. - Tuesday the 26th

Started by Alteisentier, February 26, 2008, 06:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

I like how the hand is fleshy, apart from the part the bird is on. That's a nice, subtle touch.

And the hand is well drawn, too. The bird looks more like a parakeet than what I'd expect a phoenix to look like, but that's a minor issue.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alteisentier

*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Awwww, how cute.

If it was somewhat larger, it'd be just right for a background.

Eagle0600

I don't think it needs to be larger. It contrasts well with the white-space.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I meant the image as a whole. I have 1650x1080x2+1280x1024 to cover. ;-]

My laptop already has Comedity's Muse on it. So...

Alteisentier

*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

llearch n'n'daCorna

You have an interesting repertoire, Alty.

Grar is reminiscent of Gone With The Blastwave, though. I don't know if that's deliberate or not.

Mao

Love all of them, but I think I have to say that the Bardcore one comes out as my favorite.  I think it's the pose that just sells it for me. :D

Alteisentier

Mao

I love that your quick doodles.. look better than my multiple hour endeavors.  :P

Alteisentier

Quote from: Mowser on November 17, 2008, 10:15:59 AM
I love that your quick doodles.. look better than my multiple hour endeavors.  :P

Just practise, the better you get the faster you tend to be able to draw too.

Alteisentier

Mao

Ah!  I love it.  The blood on the Antenna and his bloody smile rocks!  And awwww... look!  He's even got what looks to be a fresh heart.  Tinman would be proud.

GabrielsThoughts

I see so Abraham's bad robot is covered in blood. It all makes sense now, or does it.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Alteisentier

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 18, 2008, 07:04:03 PM
I see so Abraham's bad robot is covered in blood. It all makes sense now, or does it.

Abraham?

Mao

I was going to ask you about that actually Alt, but now I know we're both confused.  Btw:  Thanks for the new background image. :D

Alteisentier

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Alteisentier on November 17, 2008, 01:21:59 PM
Quote from: Mowser on November 17, 2008, 10:15:59 AM

Just practise, the better you get the faster you tend to be able to draw too.

that's a lie, you just get more used to spending hours on a project and thinking it takes up less time.

Alteisentier

Mao

How do you do your coloring, Alt?  I looks like a painting to me.  It's really cool.

Alteisentier

Quote from: Mowser on November 19, 2008, 08:13:39 PM
How do you do your coloring, Alt?  I looks like a painting to me.  It's really cool.

To be honest? I just use the pencil tool on everything.

I supose I could do a small tutorial if anyone wanted.

Turnsky

Quote from: Alteisentier on November 19, 2008, 08:15:55 PM

actually, i can see that now that you mention it, playing around with the relative opacity of the pencil itself, correct?

(i've yet to find a photoshop 'watercolor' tutorial, i had an old one, but that's since vanished)

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alteisentier

Quote from: Turnsky on November 20, 2008, 05:58:18 AM
Quote from: Alteisentier on November 19, 2008, 08:15:55 PM

actually, i can see that now that you mention it, playing around with the relative opacity of the pencil itself, correct?

(i've yet to find a photoshop 'watercolor' tutorial, i had an old one, but that's since vanished)

Nah, The opacity is always on max when I colour. It's all block shading and blending.

Alteisentier

llearch n'n'daCorna

Is that muscle mass for the wings, or entertainment for four-armed paramours?

On Dystaria, I mean.

Alteisentier

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 23, 2008, 06:23:31 PM
Is that muscle mass for the wings, or entertainment for four-armed paramours?

On Dystaria, I mean.

It was probably easier to see before I threw some clothes on for decency but the latter.

Alteisentier

Mao

Stop posting cool stuff that can potentially get me in trouble at work gosh darn it!  XD

Alteisentier

Quote from: Mowser on November 24, 2008, 01:53:23 PM
Stop posting cool stuff that can potentially get me in trouble at work gosh darn it!  XD

Too cool for work?