They are droping like flies...

Started by thegayhare, February 19, 2008, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Welp I was in town today so I figured I'd go check my weight 

I'm down 11 more pounds

Thats close to 75 pounds total so far...

so come on lets head to my place for a party, there will be cake and cookies, soda and ice cream...

*giggles*

lucas marcone

what's your secret? black magic? I KNEW IT!

thegayhare

Quote from: lucas marcone on February 19, 2008, 07:26:30 PM

well I did just pick up the dresden files audio books for my walks

Pagan

Lucas, losing weight is easy.
Only drink three glasses of water a day, eat only 2 slices of bread a day, do hard physical labor for 16 hours and only take breaks once an hour for ten minutes, and sleep the rest of the day.
Do that and you'll lose weight (friends, job, and possibly your actual life) real fast.

But jokes aside, congrats, Hare.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Fuyudenki

That's not a secret!  Black magic solves everything.

At least, it's my explanation for everything.

An overweight cook is a good thing, though, right?  It means you're a good cook.

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Quote from: Volfram on February 20, 2008, 12:02:55 AM

That's not a secret!  Black magic solves everything.

At least, it's my explanation for everything.

An overweight cook is a good thing, though, right?  It means you're a good cook.

Technically the vast majority of people have only to take a very small step to loose weight- decrease their daily calorie intake by 100 calories and live life completely normal otherwise. doing so will drop 1-2 pounds a week on average, assuming you do even light activity like walking up and down stairs at home. Your metabolisim has already changed to try and match your lifestyle, just give the scales a little tip and thats enough to get healthy.

hundred calories sound daunting? thats about 2/3 of an average soda, or half a ham sandwich, or a small apple. basically either forget one small snack a day or take one handful less at lunch.

a pound a week sound too slow? go to a grocery store and find the butter, which often comes in boxes of 4 sticks of butter- that hefty rectangle is how much lard you drop a week, and all the excess muscle, blood, circulatory system, connective tissue, and all the other bulk needed just to keep that hunk of fat alive. also theres fifty two weeks a year, in the same grocery store try and find the fifty pound sacks of flour they sell to bakers and whatnot, hoist one of those and then imagine that much bulk just sifting away over a year.

Big congrats hare, its always nice to hear success stories. Now, if only we could bulk up your muscle mass while you did this, makes it far easier to keep the fat off if you've got some extra pounds of pecs and biceps that burn fat even just sitting there.

oh yes, the completion of the quote your trying to remember is "never trust a skinny chef, an electrician with singed eyebrows, or a plumber who bites his nails."
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 20, 2008, 06:31:54 PM
oh yes, the completion of the quote your trying to remember is "never trust a skinny chef, an electrician with singed eyebrows, or a plumber who bites his nails."

... after cleaning the toilet? Ew.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

the sad thing is you can't realy tell
I've lost the equivilent of a small child and you can't realy see it... other then the fact that my pants tend to fall down at the least opurtun times, and in my face alittle.

I've still got so far to go

And no you can't trust a skinny cook but I don't want to be skinny, hell I'm not even shooting for my so called Ideal wieght of 180 I figure anywhere from 200 - 250 will leave me pleasently plump