Sweeping Darkness (IC) - Open

Started by Darkmoon, February 02, 2008, 11:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagan

Having been holed up in a cave for many years, Alcir was not too eager to return underground. But a victim was down there. One that could be saved and that would be a good and heroic deed sure enough, so the undead fell into the maw, landing amongst the others.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

e_voyager

"i can't speak for the others but i would like to hear this warning. " he smiled. " besides my reality has been shatters for a long time and i doubt you can shatter it further. "
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ghostwish

"We are already in all kinds of nasty, as Master Aeo has put it.. what we need to do now is find this survivor as soon as possible, and get out of here before the nest guards show up.. I have a feeling that the spider that Master Tarson, Tank, and I battled could hardly be considered large compared to what may be down here.. Let me see now.."

It was difficult with his mana drained, but Malcurth attempted to scan for lifeforms, slowly filtering out all arachnids while he hoped there wasn't any other surprises in this hole..

Omega

"Just spill it out, Aeo" Armita said as he reached the others. He was unarmed, having left his spear when he came back from the ground.

techmaster-glitch

DFX was confounded as all the others followed Tank in down the hole. It was only supposed to be Tank to go in because he had the highest chance of survival. DFX, of course, would not be joining the suicidal fleshlings.

Tank was getting rather annoyed, as it sounded like everyone else besides his brother had just jumped in behind him. Ah well. There was nothing he could do about it.
   However, he could clear a path and find the damn fleshling who was giving the whole group so much 'rescue' grief. With the sheen on his armor almost completely gone already, he barreled right down the tunnel, stomping, elbowing, and smashing as many spiders in his way as he could without losing momentum, looking for any sign of the owner of the voice.

familyghost

"Well lets see, you know I'm a tiefling.  Unfortunately I also happen to be descended from a powerful Balor."  Aeo said as he followed.  "My grandfather or great grandfather is about as far back as I can put it, but the whole point is my blood line is known for explosive power in tight situations.  For me I change into something..."  Aeo paused.  "Dangerous." 

He stayed silent for a few seconds.

"If I say get away, I mean it." Aeo said darkly, "The last time it happened I nearly killed the group I was with before I came too.  Of course I did happen to wake up in the sack with our lovely mage."  His lecherous smile returned full force as he continued frying the spiders that Tank's charge of doom missed.

Lushin

Tarson chuckled a bit as he charged forward.
"Well that's it Aeo, we're gonna have to kill you in your sleep"
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Omega

"So, basically..." Armita started "...what you're saying is that your demon blood turns you into some kind of monster. Fascinating!" The young mage was not shocked as much he was intrigued. "Do you know how that works on macro level? What triggers it? Is the change also mental?" Armita took his spellbook and started skimming through the pages. The spiders were all but forgotten.

Ghostwish

"Woke up with the sorceress, eh? So is this 'problem' of yours a curse or a blessing?" Malcurth asks, smirking a bit as he narrows down on his search..

Armita's response to Aeo, however, worried the incubus a bit.. He hoped that he would not become some manner of experimental focus if his morphing abilities were fully discovered..

familyghost

"Considering I nearly killed the whole group it's definitely a curse.  Besides I found out later she was a nympho who slipped into bed while the others were treating me.  Not that I would have objected anyway."  Aeo smiled his lecherous smie.  "Of course now her father tries to kill me whenever he sees me.  I just wish I knew his reasoning then I would know what to apologize for; the nearly killing her or the unconscious horizontal dance lessons she gave me..."

Darkmoon

Although some smaller spiders still ran through the tunnels, there wasn't any larger danger immediately ahead. However, the light from the various sources the part had on them did illuminate the tunnel better, showing that it stretched, underground for close to 500 feet before opening into a larger antechamber.

From down this tunnel, one could hear the sounds of more chattering spider-creatures, as well as the cries of the lost girl.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

e_voyager

enigma shivers. " i don't like this.  that opening is too large to be here under ground." he shook his head. " we may be entering a temple to some forgotten spider god and i personally  think there are better ways to risk one's life" he hoped that he would survive this insanity. if he survived he would likely survive rich in acquired knowledge and magic as well as some material wealth.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Azlan

Aire swallowed hard when she heard the cries of the little girl and doubled he movement.  Disregarding the others, she entered the antechamber and looked around... especially up.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Ghostwish

"What a wonderful time to be depleted.." Malcurth mumbled to himself as he carefully followed Aire in, guarding her rear as he looked about the chamber as well..

"Remember what I said about nest guards? I believe we are about to meet one.." He says softly..

Lushin

Tarson ran into the room and looked for the lost girl that was looking for help. He slashed whatever spider came near him.
"WHERE ARE YOU?!"
/happiness.exe

e_voyager

bothered by the display Enigma stalked up to Tarson water blasting any spider that got in his way and placed his hands on his shoulder. " leader show some strategy. you are better then then you emotions are running rampant and you are leaving behind the tactics needed to keep us alive enough to rescue the person were are here for." enigma took a breath. "on top of that remember how water conducts electricity and  that the enemies i attack would likely become more subseptal you your electric personality" he had a slight smile as he said the last point before releasing the emotionally unstable leader.  Whet he wondered had happen to the disinterested yet cunning about survival leader that had stopped the fight at the town meeting, that had dealt with the goblins and that kept the others form panic when they were dumped into this dimensional prison?

Lushin

Tarson continued to eye the area the best he could. All of his muscles where tense. When Enigma put his hands on him he looked at him, coming very close to hitting him with his charged sword. He growl at Enigma.
"I told you guys not to follow me. I promised a farmer back in the village I would look for his lost daughter. This might be her. I'm trying to distance myself from the rest of you so if I'm attacked you guys would see it coming. Trust me I am thinking"
/happiness.exe

e_voyager

enigma  still working to fend of a fairly violent spider commented. " all the more reason for you to use you head!" what's happens if you find out it's her but get killed before we can free her? at least if you live to reach her you can try to assist her." he shook his staff as he was racing  his limits with his water magic and forced to  use it as a fighting BO. "and if you think about it that's all the more reason to keep the healers  like Aire safe as she can likely help the girl recover where you can not!"

familyghost

"He's right Tar..."  Aeo said as he focused a flaming spout on the spider Enigma was fending off.  "You promised to save the girl, right?  How can you save her if you're DEAD?"

Azlan

Aire proved her martial skill extended to the use of the sword as she slashed, skewered and pommel bashed the ichor from the spiders that stood before her. 

The elf still retained mana for emergencies and for healing, but she now relied exclusively on sword and adrenalin.  She shield bashed a particularly aggressive spider and kicked it away, "enough from all of you.  We are here to save someone, if it is a trap we will need to think fast, but if a child is indeed in need of saving, then we all will be needed."

techmaster-glitch

Tank had death-charged his way down the entire tunnel, leaving a stream of scattered, confused, or squashed spiders in his wake.
   He made it to the antechamber, indiscriminately swinging his greathammer. The sheen on his armor had faded while he was still in the tunnel, and now he was vulnerable to the acid attacks. As he crushed spiders over and over again under his greathammer, holes were starting to appear on his adamantine armor from flying acid globs. Incredibly resistant thought it may have been, even adamantine cannot completely withstand everything. There were only surface pittings and marrings now, but with the barrage he was getting, it could get worse in a hurry.
   The rest of the party trailed into th antechamber, blasting spiders left and right with their own methods. This alleviated the pressure on Tank, and the acid artillery eased. However, the damage was done. In the few areas where his shell plates did not protect his fiber-muscles, they were visibly frayed and congealed. His once-flawless carved adamantine shell was now pockmarked and corroded everywhere. While it was still mostly superficial damage, a few of his armor spikes had fallen off, and some layers had been eaten clean through to expose the fibrous innards beneath. DFX was going to have his hands full once this was over.
   Now that Tank had backup, the spider hoards were getting pushed back. Tank listened for the cries of help, locked on to them, and rushed straight toward wherever he heard them coming from, brushing aside any of the small spiders in his way.

---

DFX had stood at the mouth of the hole for a minute, then moved back a little. There wasn't really anything to do, it's not like there was anything to guard, or anything he could do about whatever would make guarding necessary. Might as well begin work on something. It's what he was made for, after all. He was gifted with prodigious intelligence at his forging, and while his mental functions were almost always logical and straightforward, when he was actually making something his other gift came into play: Creativity.
    He removed his large ruksack from his back, placing it on the ground, and fished a small crystal and some wire out of one of the pockets. He pulled a tool with a large needle-like business end to it, and started poking the crystal with it. Little sparks flew from the contact, and lines started glowing in the crystal.

Ghostwish

"Hells.." Malcurth muttered quietly under his breath, straining merely to produce the lashes of flame he was using just to fend the spiders away from the flank of the group that he was guarding.. He turned his head briefly to the rest of the group, and shouted, "Spiders traditionally keep their meals to the perimeter of their webs, unless they are just about to feast! Let us find this stranded human and get her out of here before lunch time!"

Darkmoon

The room was actually even larger than initially expected, not that the light from the magic users was illuminating it. The very center of the room resembled a large cylinder, not unlike the interior of the tower. It spanned down for about three stories, ending in layer upon layer of webs.

Sitting in the webs was a woman, dressed in dark velvet.

For anyone that can detect dark magics or necromancy (those of you that can use the same), she was, quite clearly, already dead. She was, however, quite clearly undead.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Omega

Armita tried to stay close to his friends. Having lost his spear during the earth translocation spell, he was more or less unarmed, trying his best to avoid the spiders, beating them away with his book.

After noticing the woman, many thoughts stirred inside the young mage's mind. She was undead, no doubt. That meant that most of his offencive spells were no use against her. Then again, this was his home turf. She would have same problem as he. If the woman was even a bit powerful, he would not be able to control her, not now, not here. But he could probably stun, slow or bind her with his spells.
Armita started focusing his magic, gathering the shadows and listening the whispers. A grim aura surrounds him, but he takes no action, no offencive or defencive.

Lushin

Tarson noticed the woman dressed in dark velvet. He slowly approached where she was, sword ready incase of attack. He also kept an eye out for any movement not coming from his party. He spoke in a normal voice.
"Hey are you ok? You the one we heard on the surface looking for help?"
/happiness.exe

familyghost

"Guys somethings off..." Aeo said as he followed the others to the girl.  "Please tell me I'm not the only one creeped out by her."

Aeo felt something dark about the girl, possibly infernal, but mostly unsettling.  He looked to Alcir and Armita since they seemed to involve themselves in dark magics whether they like it or not.  Armita though was chanting or something.

"Ok.  Alcir, our resident dead man, you creeped out by her?"  Aeo asked as if he were asking the time of day.

techmaster-glitch

Tank saw that the origin of the cries were from a female fleshling in the center of a web covering a deep hole filled with more webs. Of course, he did not register in any way that she was undead. Neither did he seem to register that she wasn't in any actual peril at the moment. He had jumped into a spider-filled tunnel and took a barrage of acid that messed up his armor in order to rescue some random fleshling, and dammit, even though he didn't like it, that's what he was going to do.
   Tarson said something to her, and Aeo said something else, but Tank paid no heed. He went the mouth of the hole with the web stretched across it. Since the fleshling was out of reach, he, in true Tank fashion, opted for the most direct method of getting her within reach. He set his greathammer down, kneeled over, and with his arms spread wide, grabbed a Tank-sized armfull of webbing. He yanked it up, and hand-by-hand, reeled in the mass of webbing that the fleshling was on. The web stuck to his front, but he didn't care. He continued pulling in the fleshling like a rescueman pulling a rope out of the water that someone is hanging onto.
   In very short order, she was within easy reach. Tank reach out with a massive hand, which closed all the way around her waist, picked her up like a doll, and tossed her over his shoulder (making sure she missed the remaining spikes, of course).
   He picked up the greathammer by the part where the shaft met the head, and turned to the group, viciously soccer-kicking a spider that though it could sneak upon him. The thing even flew just like a ball before getting splattered on the side of the cavern.
   "Ok. I've got the damn fleshling we came for. Let's get out of this gutbag-infested hole. I need a cleaning and armor repair." He grunted, all while front-covered in sticky white webbing and the fleshling slung over his shoulder like luggage.
   Without any hesitation, Tank shoved past the group, heading for the exit.

Lushin

Tarson watched Tank rush in and grab the woman and turn to leave. He looked around the tunnel for movement.
"Or we could just do that"
Tarson looked to the others as Tank was rushing out.
"You heard the man, everyone out. I'll watch the rear. Everyone move out, watch Tank's back"
Tarson didn't move much when yelling at the others. He went back to looking around the room the best he could for movement. He paid special attention above him incase something tried to drop down on top on him. He did slowly start to move backwards, keeping his eyes peeled for any movement.
/happiness.exe

Azlan

Aire regarded the woman and stepped back a bit from her, "I have a very bad feeling about her... she does not register as living... I suggest moving away."

e_voyager

"i hate to agree with out any information but so fare that elf's intuition has  seemed very good to this point, i say we trust her and keep and eye on the rescued girl." enigma still has a bad feeling about this. not registering as alive? if she's not  showing up as alive and the others didn't register he as dead then that whole forgotten , spider god angle sounds prettier good right about now. after all a gods possessed mortals didn't register according to normals rules according to his research.