Sweeping Darkness (IC) - Open

Started by Darkmoon, February 02, 2008, 11:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

Malcurth eyed the strange woman warily, sniffing disdainfully at the air.. "There are far too many unknown things in this world for my tastes.. even the spiders are unusual." He mutters to himself for a moment, before he glanced about the chamber again.. "While I must concur that this human is rather stranger than most, I believe we should make haste to exit this place as soon as possible.. I doubt our arachnid friends are going to remain so hospitable for much longer." He said as he made his way back towards the entrance.. His wings reappeared in mid-run, for his intent was to make a hasty exit..

Pagan

The giant construct had gotten the girl before Alcir could open his mouth in reply to Aeo, but he spoke as the group was retreating. "No, Aeo, she gives no off-setting arua to me. But that might be that she is like me, she's undead." After speaking, Alcir went back to throwing back the spider's with quick dark spells.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Darkmoon

"Unhand me, you beast! This is not how you treat a queen!"

Waving her hands around, the various spider bits (that weren't complete goo) started to merge back together, creating a rather large collection of undead spiders.

Very unhappy undead spiders.

One of them attempted to throw up acid. It succeeded in throwing up half a stomach -- which may or may not have been its own.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Lushin

Tarson turns to look at the woman Tank was carrying. He shook his head as he brought up the rear.
"I'm guessing you didn't need any hep back there did you?"
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

e_voyager

"if she's not the one that was calling for help that begs the question who was?" asked Enigma as he ran behind the leader of the group.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ghostwish

"The better question is, what do we do with her now that we have her?" Malcurth asks, slowing a bit until he was alongside Tank and able to look up at the spider queen.. "Now listen here! We heard someone calling for help, and you are going to tell us who it was.." He says, one of his paws becoming shrouded in flames as he speaks, ".. or there are going to be a lot of roasted spiders soon."

Darkmoon

"Help...?" She gets this mock quizzical look on her face.

"Who could have needed help...?"

Then she brightens up. "Oh, yeah."

"You."

That's when there's a roaring from the spider pit, and, buried under the cobwebs, rises a great rock golem shaped like a spider.

Lushin

Tarson seem to get mean in the flash of a second when he saw the spider rock golem. He spoke with a flat tone.
"Tank destroy her. The rest of you stand back"
Tarson charge the Spider golem, jumped and went to drive his charged sword into the the golem's head.
/happiness.exe

e_voyager

enigma slapped his forehead. "there he goes again. ah well."  steps off the the side and  reaches in his stash looking for a jar.  he's sure he has one and he comes into and goes through them regularly.

edited for the sake of readability.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Azlan

The slain spiders rose around her, silently Aire cursed having slain so many without burning the remains or scattering them to the winds.

She paused as the undead arachnids closed in.  Aire drew the index and middle fingers of her left hand down the runes on the flat of her blade.  She whispered wispy words of elven as the engravings began to glow.  Light magic played down her blade as she drew it to herself, blade pointing upwards, her left hand slowly approached the handle and grasped it below her right hand.

The elven knight appeared as if she stood before her enemies in formal parade salute, but this was only a brief appearance of repose as she exploded into action.  A ballet dancer would have nodded their approval to the maneuver Aire wove.  Dancing between each shambling, octapodal zombie, her sword danced through each critter quickly.  The slice of the sword, though potent, was merely icing as opposed to the searing power of the aura of light encompassing the blade.

At the end of her dance, she paused briefly and searched out more fiends to vanquish.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkmoon

The golem looks quizzically at the meat-creature that attacked it (Tarson), tilts its head quizzically, and then bats him away with one of its eight legs.

Metal sword on rock golem head does very little.

Lushin

Tarson is flung into a wall/solid object. He hit some what hard and dropped his sword. He slowly picked the sword up and placed it back in it's scabbard on his back. He slowly climbs to his feet and looks at the spider golem.
"Why did I think that was gonna do anything"
Tarson looked at the golem than at his right hand and shrugs.
"What the hells, it's worth a shot. If I don't die first"
Tarson once again charged the golem this time with intent to use his stone fist and smash the golem in the face.
"Time for a little rock on rock action"
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

The spider golem goes on the defensive, pulling back from Tarson, and unleashing an ice blast (in an arc) towards it's "attackers".

Those nearest are slowed slightly, and suffer some damage to their persons. The floor is also coated in a slippery sheen of ice.

Lushin

Tarson's boots where frozen to the ground and he couldn't pull free not matter how much he tried. He looked up at the golem and just kinda shrugged.
"And now I'm dead"
/happiness.exe

Omega

Armita takes a deep breath and then starts letting out words of power. His eyes turn pitch black and he seems to be in some sort of trance.

Ghostwish

"No, but you are about to feel very warm!" The incubus announced as the frozen ground beneath Tarson became a sea of fire for a brief moment as Malcurth tried to unfreeze the floor without cooking his teammates..

familyghost

"A stone golem  expelling ice?"  Aeo asked of no one.  "Getting weird in here, but golems need a master to control them..." Aeo looked at the zombie girl.  "And flesh burns all too well..."  Aeo smiled viciously as he psouted another series of dark words, infernal as always but this time as he spoke a ball of burning purple fire seemed to start in the palm of his hands and then grew to the size of a small melon, any ice near him seemed unfazed by the infernal fire as it was purposely directed at a specific target.  Then as he finished his word it lanced as a furious spear towards the zombie girl.

Aeo kept his focus on the ball of fire as he felt the power of the fire fade.  He was going to keep it fueled until he was stopped or the zombie girl was nothing but ash.  "Burn..." Aeo's voice repeated it over and over in both the infernal languages he knew and the common tongue shared by all.

Lushin

Tarson looked at the golem as he was melted out of the floor. He tilted his head slight then looked back at the group.
"WAIT! Everyone just chill out here for a second. Tank hold off kill her higness for a second"
Tarson walked up to the spider golem with his hands in the air in a none threatening manner. He spoke to it with a somewhat friendly tone.
"Do you have the ability to speak? I know some golems can. If you do I just wanna talk. I know I attacked you for no reaon and I'm sorry. I thought you where summoned to attack us"
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

"He was!" The zombie queen shouted, before she melted into mist and started floating off in the direction of the cave entrance.

Interestingly, the purple fire shot past, igniting her gaseous form, cerating a screaming ball of flame.

That was when the spider golem went crazy.

Lushin

"Damnit all to hells"
Tarson charged his hand and charge the golem as it reared up. Aiming to plant a charged attack directly into it's chest.
/happiness.exe

techmaster-glitch

Before Tank could reach the exit with his 'cargo', the said cargo reanimated most of the dead spiders. A few of the party members attempted to find out who was calling for help, when she then summoned a giant golem-spider from the hole. This quickly placed her in the enemy camp, and tarson ordered Tank to treater her as such.
   Before he could, however, the spider-golem was then engaged by the party. Tank was just about to finally carry out her execution, when the battle with the golem halted for a moment, and the spider-queen turned to vapor in Tank's very arms.
   Tank was about to growl in frustration--incoporeal things were the only things he couldn't smash--when she was ignited by a fire blast from Aeo. This immediately sent the golem and the remaining spiders into a frenzy.
   Tank turned his attention to the golem. "Right then. Let's rock, cousin." he rumbled as he hefted his weapon, charged forward, and swung his mighty greathammer at one of the golem's legs.

Ghostwish

*snip!*

e_voyager

enigma practically ragged in frustration. this were happening too quickly and he'd lost his chance to collect a sample of the spider summoner undead whatever she was. on top of that he'd been almost flash frozen and almost flash fried and  flash fried the span of two heart beats. this is going to be worth it in the end he reminds himself dancing away form the repercussions of wild attacks. it had better be worth it.

Omega

The young mage kept his eyes fixed at the golem. Most of his spells were no use against this non-living creature, but there was one thing he could do. "Everyone out, quickly!" Armita's voice was not his own. It had much deeper resonance.

Azlan

Aire had sheathed her sword in favor of the dragon rifle.  She took a standing shot, attempting to place it full on and into whatever functioned as a face for the spider golem.

She expected it to at least be a distraction, she was not sure of her capabilities against stone.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkmoon

The golem took the blast in the chest from Tarson, toppling over backwards. With the sound of rock grinding against rock, it flipped itself back over (slowly), and aimed a second ice blast at Tarson.

Ghostwish

Malcurth sighed heavily, rolling his eyes for a moment as he shook his head. "I swear, mortals sometimes.." He muttered under his breath before he returned his attention to the battle. "Could we please stop trying to be heroes when it is not necessary in the slightest and concentrate on taking down this golem?" He said, briefly collecting his powers..

He sent a large gout of flame between the spider and Tarson, attempting to intercept or at least weaken the creature's icy blast..

familyghost

Once Aeo realized the zombie girl was gone and quite quickly at that, he turned his attention to the large rock golem.  "That's ummm... big..." Aeo blinked in fear, "Time to melt some stuff..."

Aeo re-focused his energy this time the words he spoke were like the ones of earlier with the goblins and the giant hole.  This time a green orb centered in his palms, only this time it did not lance forward like a stream, but rushed head long into the side of the spider slamming into the joints of the leg nearest the front.

Lushin

Tarson back peddled as the golem stared getting back to it's feet. He heard Amrita telling everyone to get out and started to move back towards the group.
"Um I think now would be a good time to get to the surface and take this thing on in a more open area"
He ducked as the Fire and Ice mixed near him.
"Yeah it's definetly time to move"
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

Taking a second blast to the chest from Aire, the spidergolem again toppled over, this time with cracks forming along it's back and torso. Standing up a second time, the golem hunched down, then leaped into the air, shooting a spray of "webbing" that glistened like diamonds. The golem disappeared into the murky gloom along the roofs of the cavern, and all was temporarily quiet.