In this thread, we talk about why all of my threads are so 'lame'.

Started by jakshep3, January 18, 2008, 12:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakshep3

yay! another lame thread! this one will definitely end up in the abandoned mine at some point, so I'd like to explain why my threads are so lame:

*ahem*

i'm an asshole.

the end.

Dannysaysnoo

you post way too much in one post and there are no full stops and you sign your posts though we know who you are.

~danny.

Sunblink

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on January 18, 2008, 12:04:34 PM
you post way too much in one post and there are no full stops and you sign your posts though we know who you are.

~danny.

Hey, I resent that statement! :<

Nah, just kidding. ;)

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Dannysaysnoo

I just feel that, if this was an anonymous forum, it would be appropriate, but its very easy to tell who's posting.

bill

superluser

Wow.

Didn't we just get through explaining this to you?  If you've got an issue with one or more people, use private messages?

And if you've got a problem with everybody else, then it's more likely that the problem is you?

But OK.  Here's why your posts suck.

They're typically crap about some WaReZ or some other borderline illegal stuff that's kind of like technical virginity (warning: discussion of anal sex)--i.e. it's not sex if we do it in the butt, or it's not illegal if we only provide the means to do things that are illegal.

Most people here just really aren't interested in that stuff (or if they are, they're not interested in that stuff while they are here).  The mods seem to agree.

Just some friendly advice--I'd suggest taking some time off, perhaps visiting the 2600 boards or the HardOCP boards.  Maybe that would fill this void?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

Yeah, nobody cares about that kind of stuff.

What they REALLY want to talk about is economics.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Amber Williams

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 18, 2008, 12:53:19 PM
Quote from: Alondro on January 18, 2008, 12:51:14 PMWhat they REALLY want to talk about is REAGONomics.   :B

Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980?  Anyone?  Something-d-o-o economics.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: superluser on January 18, 2008, 01:04:44 PM
Quote from: Alondro on January 18, 2008, 12:51:14 PMWhat they REALLY want to talk about is REAGONomics.   :B

Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980?  Anyone?  Something-d-o-o economics.

The fact that he did that whole spiel just off the cuff is frightening. :<

Darkmoon

Quote from: superluser on January 18, 2008, 01:04:44 PM

*cough* Voo-doo economics.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Alondro

At least it's better than Russianomics.

Or Iranomics.

Or Cubanomics.

Or Chinomics.

Or Congonomics.

Or Sudanomics.

Or, last but not least, Frenchonomics!  Damn Frenchies!  I hates dem French!  Damn them for giving my family a name that people constantly mis-spell!   >:O
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Alondro on January 18, 2008, 05:23:12 PM
Damn them for giving my family a name that people constantly mis-spell!   >:O
Ha ha, you and me both. "Costenoble" only has one "n" in it guys. Srsly.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 18, 2008, 04:15:27 PMThe fact that he did that whole spiel just off the cuff is frightening. :<

Well, he was teaching the same thing at American University at the time, and he had been a speechwriter for Nixon and Ford, so he probably had said similar things before.

I think it would have been extremely amusing to see the students' faces as they walked into class the first day to find Ben Stein teaching their class.

Darkmoon

superluser

(missed this the first time through)

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 18, 2008, 08:28:01 PMConstantinople?

I thought it was Istanbul?

Nope.  It's İstanbul.  Very important difference.

Reese Tora

Quote from: superluser on January 18, 2008, 11:51:50 PM
(missed this the first time through)

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 18, 2008, 08:28:01 PMConstantinople?

I thought it was Istanbul?

Nope.  It's İstanbul.  Very important difference.

People just liked it better that way?

It's nobody's buisness but the Turks. :<
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Darkmoon

Because you know, if you've got a girl in Constantinople, she'll be waiting for you in Istanbul.

TheGreyRonin

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam.

Why they changed it, I can't say.

techmaster-glitch

llearch n'n'daCorna

rabid_fox

I recorded an acoustic-metal version of "Birdhouse in your soul". I'd link you to it, but it's not something any TMBG fan should ever actually hear, because you'l hunt me down, sneak into my room when I'm sleeping and wake me only to smile as you plunge a sharpened copy of "Factory Showroom" into my bitch-eye.

Then I'll scream and die.

So, no link.

Oh dear.

Darkmoon

Quote from: TheGreyRonin on January 19, 2008, 06:58:16 PM
Even old New York was once New Amsterdam.

Why they changed it, I can't say.

I can. People just liked it better that way.

superluser

Darkmoon

There's a blue canary in the alley by the lightswitch.

It watches over me.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rabid_fox on January 19, 2008, 08:57:09 PM

I recorded an acoustic-metal version of "Birdhouse in your soul". I'd link you to it, but it's not something any TMBG fan should ever actually hear, because you'l hunt me down, sneak into my room when I'm sleeping and wake me only to smile as you plunge a sharpened copy of "Factory Showroom" into my bitch-eye.

Then I'll scream and die.

So, no link.

Awww. That's not so good - I think I'd like an acoustic metal version, actually. It'd go well with the Diablo Swing Orchestra and the KMFDM...

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 20, 2008, 03:47:24 AMAwww. That's not so good - I think I'd like an acoustic metal version, actually. It'd go well with the Diablo Swing Orchestra and the KMFDM...

It would also go well with Battle for the Planet of the Apes, which I think is on Severe Ture Damage.

rabid_fox

Why must I be a slave to a public that doesn't appreciate me yet? (Name that tune)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=556327

Scroll down, click-happy. Roll past the first ten seconds or so, I was trying to figure out the chords.

Oh dear.

Darkmoon