Marty, age 53, white, pestered

Started by Brunhidden, January 21, 2008, 07:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

Meet Martin Luther King Jr. - hes 53 years old, lives in Alabama, is white as an egg, and every year people somehow confuse him with someone altogether more important.

Named after his father Marty Luther King (who himself was named after the religious reformist Martin Luther, only happenstance tied this to a family named king) usually goes by marty to avoid confusion, however mistakes are made. For example his mail was several times canceled when postmen labeled him as deceased, his mother (while she was still alive) was plagued by phone calls of people wishing to condole widow King, and his answering machine and voice mail have been unplugged after he got sick of racist people crank calling him thinking he was a dead civil reformist.

But he does not mind all of that, mostly because he admires the man who shared his name so much, and in his own words "I could cure cancer and not be half as famous as he is", and actually has a hobby of getting people to take his picture in every city he goes to that has a Martin Luther King boulevard or street, he used to send the photos to his mother because she laughed so hard about them but now they occupy a large binder.

Heres to you marty, may your legacy live on for at least as long as those nutcases who keep toasting to poe's grave every year.

QuoteHe had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective. There was a definite suggestion that, deep inside, he knew this was not really happening. It could not be happening because this sort of thing did not happen. Any contradictory evidence could be safely ignored.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

lucas marcone

rabid_fox

My name's John Fred Kennedy. Aye, the problems I get into at that airport...

Oh dear.

Alondro

Quote from: rabid_fox on January 21, 2008, 04:38:04 PM

My name's John Fred Kennedy. Aye, the problems I get into at that airport...

We know your name now!  *steals soul*  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rabid_fox

I thought you needed a lock of my hair to do that? The hairdresser will be pleased that I no longer need to have her ritually dispose of my shorn follicles.

Oh dear.