The cloverfeild monster (1-18-08) Your theories/ opinions of the doom to come

Started by GabrielsThoughts, January 08, 2008, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

In ten days or so the identity of the Cloverfeild monster [Slusho?]  will be revealed... theorehtically the monster is one that has never been seen before, that is based off of an old cartoon or TV show. Among the theories so far Voltron, Cuthulu, Power rangers, snd  Godzilla, or Godzilla vs whatever the Slusho monster is, and MEGAS.

In all honesty the commercials are getting worse, and the theories are getting a bit too far out there, and I'm beginning to wonder if the movie is going to be an 30million dollar Blair witch project. From the shear volume of advertising I'm also beginning to wonder if the movie is a big pile of dookie... the more I see the commercials the more lame and stupid Cloverfeild looks and I wonder if I'll even enjoy it.

what's your opinion?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zina

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

thegayhare

Quote from: Netrogo on January 08, 2008, 04:36:06 PM
It's a bunny! :bunny

I've seen some artwork that could show how that works...

but it would violate the forum rating

Shadrok

I remember watching one of the previews and was like "that looks like they had the monster in the shot but took it out for the preview".

It mostly looked like mist bouncing off a form that was not there. Aka they took the 3d monster out but forgot, or thought no one would notice, the mist.

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

xHaZxMaTx

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

thegayhare

Yugo

https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

TheGreyRonin

My vote? Jimmy Hoffa.

That, or Jesus is coming...and BOY, is he PISSED!

xHaZxMaTx

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on January 08, 2008, 10:58:03 PM
It's...  the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
lol, I just watched that movie for the first time a few days ago...Ghostbusters ftw!

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

superluser

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on January 08, 2008, 08:51:28 PMIt's a caribou.  Repent.

No.  Caribou gorn.

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on January 08, 2008, 10:58:03 PMIt's...  the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

You are aware that there's a video where the trailer ends that way, right?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: superluser on January 09, 2008, 04:31:40 AM
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on January 08, 2008, 10:58:03 PMIt's...  the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

You are aware that there's a video where the trailer ends that way, right?

I was not aware of that. :U  link plzkthx

Alondro

The monster is Rosie O'Donnel on a Twinkies rampage!   :U

Either that, or the evil Trapper Keeper, after it absorbed Cartman... but how can you tell the difference?   :3

(Old South Park pun)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Toric

Well, we've seen that the monster is friggin' huge. We've also seen that people who have been bitten by.... something related to it.... are taken away and shot dead, so there's probably some smaller critters running around with "The Virus."

My theory is that it's an amphibious zombie whale with zombifying spore-shooting barnacles. Either that or it's the Cockroach that Ate Cincinnati, back for a second course.
Yap by Silver.

thegayhare

Quote from: Toric on January 09, 2008, 11:14:14 AM
Well, we've seen that the monster is friggin' huge. We've also seen that people who have been bitten by.... something related to it.... are taken away and shot dead, so there's probably some smaller critters running around with "The Virus."

My theory is that it's an amphibious zombie whale with zombifying spore-shooting barnacles. Either that or it's the Cockroach that Ate Cincinnati, back for a second course.

one of the theories I heard on anouther site was related to godzilla, Appearently there was some movie with godzilla and rodan where giant mites that lived on the monsters started attacking people.

If the theroy I like that it's Cuthulhu the smaller critters could be his starspawn,  though if it does involve the lovecraft mythos I'd love to see some of the other creatures put in apearances.

superluser

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on January 09, 2008, 09:42:03 AMI was not aware of that. :U  link plzkthx

I thought it might have been in the Youtube thread previously.  Also, I didn't want to track it down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBOyG5Bgduk

Nikki

I Repeat-

It's Sin :3

Massive creature with destruction that can make smaller creatures (SinSpawn) fall off it's body at any given time :3

(FFX freak)

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Distracting

I'm hoping for the giant incarnation of Death with all his/her/it's zombie minions.

Yeah, probably not.

superluser

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GabrielsThoughts

its Barney, he fel into a vat of toxic ooze and it changed him...
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Toric

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 15, 2008, 08:49:05 PM
its Barney, he fel into a vat of toxic ooze and it changed him...
I love you
You love me
I just bit the head off
The Statue of Liberty
Yap by Silver.