Sweeping Darkness (OoC)

Started by Darkmoon, December 31, 2007, 02:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Amusing entrace indeed >:3 May touch up DFXs's dialogue later, had to make a relatively quick post, and now I must leave.

Darkmoon

Fear not. I'm checking in on the thread. I'm just waiting for now, as you guys are having fun interacting.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Omega

I... You... but...

Gah!!

Would someone please explain to me how the gaming dynamics work for you people. At one point it seemed like this game was good as dead and now you people became as active like a ribosome enzyme with mRNA and free nucleotides. And now you've seemed to stop posting again for over a week!

Lisky

i'm still waiting on the other people... but they don't seem to have anything to say...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Ghostwish

e_voyager

i'm waiting for a time when i have something to contribute but right now all i can think of is  "enigma snickered but would still check into the healing powers of the unicorn horn. he believed it was some where on phase and that was in a differed world that he was not allowed to visit yet."
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

So, are we stalled on anyone specifically, right now? All I can think of is that people need to post that they start following Tarson and continue our travels, and Darkmoon can transition us to the next to-do thing.

e_voyager

i felt like being silly. feel free to get angry and whatever

techmaster-glitch

Ring Ring, calling Darkmoon...or bluplatespecial...or whatever the hell he is... :/

e_voyager

so mister plat i must let you know that enigma has some clue that you are there but true to his look first act second nature he'll simply watch  you for hostile intent first.

Azlan

Just an FYI, I cannot answer your questions to Aire.  I will drop a line to DM.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

e_voyager

i understand. ah well time for me to head off to work take care

familyghost

Wow, I'm glad I didn't fall to far behind.  I'll try to post tomorrow if possible.

techmaster-glitch

Voyager, you do realize that DFX basically said "I don't care whether you come or not, it's your neck" and walked away? He's not exactly around to listen to Enigma's babbling anymore... >:3

e_voyager

no i guess i would expect him too. enigmas just gotten into a preachy speeckie kind state and he trying to figure out if he really should do this. in fact the part that was really meant to DFX and not himself was here
Quote from: enigmathough i ask you for the favor of monitoring my vital while we explore just in case the  trap works by dulling the senses and putting one to sleep or causing them to walk into the waiting jaws of death.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: e_voyager on April 05, 2009, 01:00:50 AM
no i guess i would expect him too.
...You expect who to what?

Quote from: e_voyager on April 05, 2009, 01:00:50 AM
enigmas just gotten into a preachy speeckie kind state and he trying to figure out if he really should do this. in fact the part that was really meant to DFX and not himself was here
Quote from: enigmathough i ask you for the favor of monitoring my vital while we explore just in case the  trap works by dulling the senses and putting one to sleep or causing them to walk into the waiting jaws of death.
That's not the point, the point is DFX walked away from Enigma, meaning that he's not near Enigma or listening anymore. Specifically, he's gone to set up the wards around hismelf and Tank. You'd have to specify that Enigma followed DFX, and then probably wait for him to finish the wards, which he is concentrating on. If you interrupt him, he may not be too happy with Enigma... >:3

...Besides, how the hell do you expect a construct, whom as you are aptly pointing out may not know how chloroform or oxygen affect fleshlings, to even know what a fleshling's "vitals" are, let alone monitor them? :P

e_voyager

that should have been "wouldn't" . as in" no i guess i wouldn't expect him to" good point i'll edit the post once i'm had a chance to rest up make it more clear.  i only mention chloroform in passing during the first tirade thought so i doubt if it's important.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: familyghost on April 05, 2009, 03:12:33 PM
Enigma was at least a somewhat capable spell caster as was 28, but both were limited in offensive capabilities as far as he could tell, but they did have Tank, which was pretty much a win all token unless they ran into metal eating monsters.  Of course such metal eating monsters would also have an interest in eating their weapons and their armors as well as Tank and 28 themselves.  Then of course he pictured the monsters coming back to camp and slaughtering the entirety of their group just to snack on the drow's knives and other such delectable metallic objects.
heh heh... ever heard of Rust Monsters? They're in D&D, and are almost exactly like that. In fact, i've got a funny story about them. I'm DMing an Eberron campaign, and one of the characters in the party is a warforged. He's a fighter-class, and has the Adamantine Body feat, all of which means that, even at low level, he's got a high Armor Class, high hitpoints, even Damage Reduction, making him a very tough character. Kinda like my Tank, except...Tank's better >:3 Anyway, they've got all they're own racial modifiers and special rules for being "living constructs", one of which they are vulnerable to some effects that are harmless to ordinary living creatures. Like a Rusting Grasp spell, or...the attack from a rust monster.
   Well, the party was in a dungeon, and so far, I had the theme with spiders and bugs, so I decided to throw two rust monsters at the group. Being creatures that rust metal and eat it, they ran straight for the warforged. One attack. One single attack, which was a Touch attack, ignoring all his uber Armor Class, a rusting effect, bypassing all of his Damage Reduction...and dealt a very -hearty- amount of damage, knocking down almost all of his hitpoints.
   That was a fun day to be the DM. Good times, good times >:3

Anyway, Rust Monster!

Lisky

sounds like someone should have gotten galvanized  :U

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

familyghost

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 07, 2009, 12:39:30 AM
   heh heh... ever heard of Rust Monsters? They're in D&D, and are almost exactly like that. In fact, i've got a funny story about them. I'm DMing an Eberron campaign, and one of the characters in the party is a warforged. He's a fighter-class, and has the Adamantine Body feat, all of which means that, even at low level, he's got a high Armor Class, high hitpoints, even Damage Reduction, making him a very tough character. Kinda like my Tank, except...Tank's better >:3 Anyway, they've got all they're own racial modifiers and special rules for being "living constructs", one of which they are vulnerable to some effects that are harmless to ordinary living creatures. Like a Rusting Grasp spell, or...the attack from a rust monster.
   Well, the party was in a dungeon, and so far, I had the theme with spiders and bugs, so I decided to throw two rust monsters at the group. Being creatures that rust metal and eat it, they ran straight for the warforged. One attack. One single attack, which was a Touch attack, ignoring all his uber Armor Class, a rusting effect, bypassing all of his Damage Reduction...and dealt a very -hearty- amount of damage, knocking down almost all of his hitpoints.
   That was a fun day to be the DM. Good times, good times >:3

Exactly what I was alluding to, but since it's Darkmoon's world I didn't know if it'd be cool to bring them up as real, hence why Aeo's imagination went into overdrive.  And I know the pain of the rust freaks, I play a warforged whenever I get back into DDO and somehow any party I get into that's anywhere NEAR those freaks always manages to let me get killed by them.

techmaster-glitch

Familyghost? It's probably too late, but I think you misunderstood what DFX said to Aeo. DFX didn't say "don't come with us", he basically said "fine, come if you want, but no one else should come with us". Or is that actually how you read it?

I'm wondering because your posts seem to be implying that DFX actually refused you.

familyghost

Sort of a combo of both, I would have thought up something to keep him behind if DFX had flat out said "Yes
.  As is I used his assurance of no rust monsters to keep Aeo settled, mainly cause he knows he's not stealthy.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: familyghost on April 15, 2009, 06:14:27 PM
Sort of a combo of both, I would have thought up something to keep him behind if DFX had flat out said "Yes.
Ah.

Quote from: familyghost on April 15, 2009, 06:14:27 PM
As is I used his assurance of no rust monsters to keep Aeo settled, mainly cause he knows he's not stealthy.
...What, and Tank is? >:3 This isn't about stealth, it's basically about making as much noise as possible to see what wakes up, and then retreat to figure out how to remove it :3

familyghost

Will Tank scream at the first sight of a really nasty monster?  Aeo would have, but it doesn't really matter as I wanted him to stay behind for the most part.

e_voyager

chuckles.  if it were steal i'd think that tank and DFX 28 would not be going there. speaking of going there should we pad DM ?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: e_voyager on April 15, 2009, 10:53:43 PM
if it were steal i'd think that tank and DFX 28 would not be going there.
...Huh? :confused

Quote from: e_voyager on April 15, 2009, 10:53:43 PM
speaking of going there should we pad DM ?
Sure, I'll do it.

e_voyager

i meant stealth ( as in if it were a stealth mission of if stealth were important ) i don't spell so well when i'm tired or in a hurry

techmaster-glitch

Hmm...Darkmoon hasn't yet responded. I'll poke him again. *gets out poking stick*

e_voyager

Huston we have plot advancement! just try not to step on me while i'm looking over the floor for traps