Sweeping Darkness (OoC)

Started by Darkmoon, December 31, 2007, 02:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 04, 2008, 08:16:34 PM
DFX only went into the town looking for a blacksmith as an excuse to interact with the townspeople, whether they be hostile or not. At this point, it seems that no one has even noticed them, which leaves DFX at a total loss of anything to do. And as a general rule, BRT doesn't walk anywhere on his own.

The thing to do, in a case such as this, is never put yourself into a position where you can't continue moving with the action. If you need a blacksmith, why not go look for the blacksmith? Maybe the blacksmith isn't there, just a note saying "Gone to the Drunken Dragon" or "Gone to Town Meeting"?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Damaris

aww, tech, don't count me out!

Come have a nice cuppa!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Azlan

oi, the sheila's offering a spot of tea?  Capital!
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Damaris

*Rummages*

I've got Earl Grey, Chai, Chinese Dinner, and Vanilla Caramel.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

Bah, no Orange Pekoe? Cretin.

Edit: 2 points of llearch for two brilliant posts in getting the mime free. 1 point to Azlan for the tea comment.

Damaris

oooh, those points are useful.

Everyone else should be jealous.  *plots ways to steal D.A.V.E. points*

And I think you drank all my Orange Pekoe, double cretin.

techmaster-glitch

Tarson went back to looking out the window and saw two Warforged standing outside "talking" with a mime, and it looked like they where  gonna be coming into the bar.
Daimien, warforged don't exist as a race here. It's just these two. To your character, they are completely foriegn.

Darkmoon

I was wondering about that myself. Calling them golems would be more appropriate.

I can edit that, but I'd rather Damien did so.

Azlan

tea is the stuff of divinities!  if it were possible to power the world on tea... I would be very put off as there wouldn't be any left to drink.

Darkmoon

Well, they'd grow more, I'm sure, but it wouldn't be cheap.

Lushin

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 04, 2008, 11:12:35 PM
Tarson went back to looking out the window and saw two Warforged standing outside "talking" with a mime, and it looked like they where  gonna be coming into the bar.
Daimien, warforged don't exist as a race here. It's just these two. To your character, they are completely foriegn.
Alright I'll fix it.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

techmaster-glitch

Wait, 6? ...aw, dammit, I messed up, that was supposed to be seven *berates self* I was typing a lot when I made the profiles, must have had a bit of a mind-blank when I was doing that part :mowdizzy

EDIT: Fix'd.

EDIT EDIT: And I only refered to them as warforged in their profiles. I did actually say that was only for clarity, and that they wouldn't be called that IC:
Note that while I am referring to them as warforged now, IC they won't have that name.

Pagan

So, this game is still open right? And this is where we post the characters first, correct? (First time RPer in a forum.)
If it is indeed still open, I'd like to make a character.

Name: Alcir Dalstone
Race: Human, turned Undead
Class: Mage

Appearance: Alcir always wears a thick, black hooded robe. Since he was not dead long before rising again, his body had not decomposed noticably and his skin wasn't discolored much. However a good amount of the right side of his face (from the cheeck up to the hairline and from the nose nearly to the ear) is now covered by a dull metal plate that has been bolted into place. Under the robe, he wears thin black pants and a similar long sleeved shirt.

History: Somewhat interested in magic as a child, Alcir decided to study it at the young age of thirteen. The small academy he joined taught him basics of most magic and then told him to specalize, he chose frost. One classmate of Alcir grew to hate him because of envy of Alcir's skill.
A couple of weeks before Alcir was due to graduate, the master sent Alcir and this one classmate to "borrow" a book from a nearby necromancer. After they had gotten the book, the classmate betrayed Alcir and slew him. A short time later, Alcir awoke as an Undead. Why the necromancer had risen him as a sentient undead and sent him on his way, Alcir never knew. But he didn't question it and ran.
Because of his new race, Alcir could never completly join back with society. He was able to become a part of a network of dark magisters and necromancers and he kept up with the wide world as much as possible. But even these shadowy interactions were rare and eventually faded away.
Alcir became a complete recluse, only seeing people when they came into his hideaway, these people turned a fled when they realized an Undead was in the cave.
A couple of years ago, Alcir became fed up with being called a monster and decided to become a hero to gain honor and good fame. So far, it hasn't worked well.

Personality: While Alcir was personable and always able to laugh when he was alive, becoming an Undead has turned his character a bit darker. Since he withdrew from the world, he didn't have anyone to talk to besides himself, so even now he will converse and argue with himself. Since he has taken up heroing as a profession, he's been trying to regain his sociable characteristics.

Powers: Due to years of study in frost while alive and undeceased, Alcir is quite capable of any frost or cold related magic. After his undeath, Alcir realized he had an affinity for dark magics and has gone into a heavy study of that subject. Though he has no knowledge of physical combat, Alcir keeps two jeweled daggers on him at all times due to their useful enchantments.

Notes: Alcir's cape is enchanted to be far below freezing on the inside, both to prevent decay and theft of the robe.

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Man, you lot are active while I'm asleep. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Pagan, I'll approve your character once I'm home from work tonight.

Darkmoon

We had two new people join today (one of them by IM), so I'm going to wait on the Town Hall meeting until tomorrow afternoon, just to give them a chance to post into the thread and intro themselves.

e_voyager

Name: Enigma Volontros
Race: seems Human
Profession/Occupation: Magic Ware Peddlers

Description: stands 5'11". Dark skin, hazel eyes, athletic build with short black hair. He dresses in dark clothes and tends to travel most around dusk and dawn.

Personality and demeanor: A little flighty at times, Enigma lives up to his name being something of a puzzle to all that meet him.

History and story: Much of Enigma's history is unknown. There are rumors and tales of him going back almost 100 years, but so far, no-one has confirmed that he is the same one that the tales describe, and not someone trying to cash in on the name.
Powers and abilities: Most legends say Enigma can can use magic but in recent years no-one has seen him cast a single spell. An average fighter, he tends to avoid fights whenever possible and works both sides of a situation if he can. He travels through mysterious means but aside from that, he's quite human.

Martial training: A street fighter, Enigma seems to borrow bits and pieces from many fighting styles relying mostly on weapons or kicks to attack his opponent. His favorite weapons are short blades and poles.

Magical training: This is lost to legends, and only Enigma knows the truth, if he truly is Enigma

Weakness and limitations: As a peddler of magical tools he deals with all kinds, and they tend to be volatile at times; such that he needs extra care that he only carries as much as he plans to sell or use. This sometimes can inhibit or enhance the use of magic in chosen fields. or can inhibit the using of and opposing field  Because of this he must chose what to use and what to leave behind very carefully. He also has no special defenses again any magic short of whatever tool he's actually using at the moment

Material vulnerability: Anything that can hurt a human will hurt Enigma. While he seems to have a high tolerance for pain, he's not invulnerable and can be knocked out or killed via normal means.

Note: Enigma used both light and dark magic but both sparingly and very rarely. They are more for transportation than for fights or healing or raising the dead. 

He's a magic tool peddler and thus has to know at least enough about his tools to demonstrate them. He travels using means unknown to others(air magic) . He has a high tolerance for pain but other than that he's as human as most people and he has legends about him going back 100 year, which means he may not be the real enigma but a fake using the name.

i thank darkmoon for adding the extra depth to my character.

Be aware, you do get the feeling there is someone after you. You've heard rumors of another person claiming to be the real Enigma, and the fact that they want you dead.

Additionally, you did sort of cheat a king out of a bit of his fortune with one of your magic items. He's not pleased with you, and should you go back to that kingdom (I'll let you know if it looks likely to occur), well... that could be bad...
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Azlan

Quote from: e_voyager on February 05, 2008, 11:12:48 PM

Profession/Occupation: Magic Were Peddlers

ignoring the origin as an archiac term for an adult, male human... were, is typically a prefix applied to an animal type to indicate a shapeshifter (such as a werefox).  As a noun, it is used by therianthropes as a means of self-identification.

So he sells magical weregerbils :3 

Darkmoon

If only. I just assumed he was selling magical wares, honestly.

e_voyager

i hope that my introduction post meet with satisfaction and
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Darkmoon

and? And what?

And I'm going to buy everyone in this thread a new sportscar?
And I just realized I ran out of milk?
And in breaking news tonight...?

Oh... oh no!

They got him!

e_voyager

sorry lack of sleep. still haven't sleep yet and sometimes i drop off mid thought when i've gone to long without sleep. i think what i meant to was was and i've given you and ideal what enigma is like or something in that ball park. but i have work in 9 hours time to sleep if i can.

Darkmoon

Yeah, go sleep. You get incomprehensible when you're exhausted.

llearch n'n'daCorna

What -are- you doing with that brawl, D?

Darkmoon

The question is, what are you going to do with it, eh?

Lushin

I think I might be able to find a way to stop them. At least get their attention.
/happiness.exe

llearch n'n'daCorna

Good question. Stay clear, I think. Domestic squabbles are dangerous. ;-]

Darkmoon

Damien, since you're the only person so far to express interest in dealing with the fracas in the square (as Aeo is dealing with other things outside), I'm going to PM you what's going on at the Entertainer's camp. You can choose the share that information in game, or not, as you see fit.

Lushin

So does this mean I can come back to the village now? It seems my work at the camp is done for now.
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

I figured you would have already. Yes, you can.