Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Actually, everyone's right where I want them now. What I was waiting on was I just wanted to see how peoples chars would react to the music, but maybe I was expecting too much there. Arcwelder & bots are pretty much on top of the party now. In my next post, Arcwelder will finally show himself.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Since Witt's response would be "yeah, so?" and he's pretty much said that every step of the way into the junkyard, it seemed a bit silly to simply repeat it...

... but that's just me.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 05, 2008, 11:29:13 AM
Alright. I think what we're stalled on right now, is that people aren't quite sure what to do, and Techmaster is waiting on people to post that they are getting further into the junkyard.

Jakob is waiting for Keaton's decision because she's in charge.

QuoteIn the same vein, I think that people might be a bit confused as to what we're supposed to be doing - suffice it to say that the junkyard may be a little bit larger than some of the players are assuming, and that it would take a little bit of walking to get through it.

Right.  I've been assuming that it's a block or two, rather than a single heap of crap the size of a large industrial estate.  Either way, Jakob is going to assume that they're close to Arcwelder, which isn't necessarily so.  In fact, if he's a long way off I'll have to edit my post because it assumes he's more-or-less line-of-sight from them.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2008, 11:36:29 AM
Either way, Jakob is going to assume that they're close to Arcwelder, which isn't necessarily so.  In fact, if he's a long way off I'll have to edit my post because it assumes he's more-or-less line-of-sight from them.
You'll have an LOS to Arcy once he climbs over the scrap pile that's directly in front of the party >:3

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 05, 2008, 11:34:27 AM
In my next post, Arcwelder will finally show himself.

Excellent, then.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 05, 2008, 11:36:17 AM
Since Witt's response would be "yeah, so?" and he's pretty much said that every step of the way into the junkyard, it seemed a bit silly to simply repeat it...

... but that's just me.

Well, we wouldn't want Witt to repeat himself. Our virgin ears... ;)

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2008, 11:36:29 AM
Right.  I've been assuming that it's a block or two, rather than a single heap of crap the size of a large industrial estate.  Either way, Jakob is going to assume that they're close to Arcwelder, which isn't necessarily so.  In fact, if he's a long way off I'll have to edit my post because it assumes he's more-or-less line-of-sight from them.

Industrial Estate might be an apt description. The place is very large, what with being filled with all of the rusting garbage that Holiday produces. It contains all the ships that weren't seaworthy enough to sail close to the Island, and weren't worth doing anything else with, as well. If you didn't know where you were going, you could get lost in the piles of rusting junk. It is certainly possible to hide yourself in there, and that would require a relatively large amount of space.

techmaster-glitch

Well, should I wait for the rest of the players to post their actions, or just bring this thing full-circle now?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 05, 2008, 11:49:56 AM
Well, should I wait for the rest of the players to post their actions, or just bring this thing full-circle now?

Sooner is better than later. I think that's somewhat what people are waiting on.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, it's bigger than I was thinking. But not much.

As I see it, we've been trundling across it for 5-10 minutes. If it's big enough to put somewhere between 4 and 10 tankers in, then we could be walking across it for a while.

On the other hand, I've also been presuming that Cog and Keaton know which way to go. ;-]

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 05, 2008, 12:15:29 PM
On the other hand, I've also been presuming that Cog and Keaton know which way to go. ;-]
Which, I presume, they don't >:3 I'm fairly certain you guys won't be getting out without Arcy's help :mwaha

Cogidubnus

As I see it, we've been trundling across it for 5-10 minutes. If it's big enough to put somewhere between 4 and 10 tankers in, then we could be walking across it for a while.

Well, you know what happens when you assume, right? Poor U and Me...

I don't know about 5-10 Tankers. My thinking was something as large as a tanker ship would be simply too big an investment to just junk. There -are- a lot of general ships, though.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 05, 2008, 12:18:40 PM
Which, I presume, they don't >:3 I'm fairly certain you guys won't be getting out without Arcy's help :mwaha

If you mean calling off your robots, perhaps. Cog's been through there before, though, although certainly not like this.

techmaster-glitch

AAARRRGGGHH! I hit the refresh button by accident and lost everything I was typing in the IC thread! :cry :tantrum Gah, I'll post it up later today.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 05, 2008, 12:25:25 PM

Well, you know what happens when you assume, right? Poor U and Me...

I don't know about 5-10 Tankers. My thinking was something as large as a tanker ship would be simply too big an investment to just junk. There -are- a lot of general ships, though.

Look closely. I said "big enough to", not "actually contains" ;-]

I should speak more specifically, though. Witt is presuming that Cog and Keaton know where they're going. I, on the other hand... ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on February 05, 2008, 03:17:19 PM
It certainly looked as if Pettersohn had caused the other wolf's brief moment of agony. Was he a disguised Creature of some kind?

I take it Fal'Taq missed the part where Cog said:
Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 31, 2008, 09:22:14 PM
"So get your head out of your prejudiced, 'Cubi ass and smell the coffee,"

Cross isn't pleased that Cog has blabbed his race to all and sundry, not pleased at all.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2008, 04:44:05 PM
I take it Fal'Taq missed the part where Cog said:
Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 31, 2008, 09:22:14 PM
"So get your head out of your prejudiced, 'Cubi ass and smell the coffee,"

Cross isn't pleased that Cog has blabbed his race to all and sundry, not pleased at all.
Yes, he missed it. Once he'd noticed Cog launch into a nice rant, he was watching Cross Pettersohn's reaction, and watching to see if Keaton whapped Cog to shut him up. Fal'taq is way short of infallible, he misses little things like this if he's not paying close attention. E.g. he still hasn't twigged to the non-Being-ness of a few members of the party. He's only now beginning to wonder about Pettersohn...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

techmaster-glitch

And so Arcwelder makes his appearence.

In case anyone was wondering, this is the song he was singing. Go listen to it. Now. >:3

EDIT: And Cog, you were saying that you wanted to talk to me. If you still do, I'm at llearch's comicfrenzy chatroom.

techmaster-glitch

JEEZE you guys are a violent bunch. You're not even going to talk to him first? Dammit!

lucas marcone

...we just saw your experements, Dani isnt too kean on ending up like at.

techmaster-glitch

BTW, does your shotgun shoot buckshot or slugs?

lucas marcone

this one? slugs. It could also shoot buck shot if dani loaded some of those rounds but he only uses them on squirmy guys.

techmaster-glitch

That's what I was asking, which one are you using currently. Slugs? Ok.

lucas marcone

slugs

... flushed away flashback with funny mental images! i lawled :B

techmaster-glitch

Battle notes: the number of zombiebots charging is roughly fifteen, give or take a few. About one for each character. The pre-charge sonic display was intended to disorient.

You may describe the shape of your own zombiebot. I'll control it from there. Think a madman mechanic's scuptures brought to life.

techmaster-glitch

Lucas, exactly how many rounds did you shoot?

Paladin Sheppard

I am really truly sorry folks I've been wanting to post but my brain goes walkabout every time I go to do it....

I want to stay with the RP but if Keaton and Cog think my post rate is too low I'll bow out.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on February 06, 2008, 07:23:17 AM
I want to stay with the RP but if Keaton and Cog think my post rate is too low I'll bow out.

For what it's worth, I'd be kind of sad to see you leave it.

lucas marcone

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have a post for this, but I'm waiting to run it past Cog and/or Keats for confirmation before I throw it out there.

There's a couple of actions in there I'd like to clarify before I post it, is all.

.. and yes, I'd like Paladin to stick around, as well. ;-]

e_voyager

agreed. i two would like you to stay. also tech i'm not exactly sure what metal you used so epyon is guessing about where it came form. also  i figured i'd got for a latter model zombot that was still about half flesh and my post probably explain my reasons to know how i would view them with epyon's eyes.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

No. They have no flesh in them at all. They are pure metal. And all the metal that makes them is random scrap, and doesn't matter; the spell that animates them gives them uniform hardness.

e_voyager

ah my mistake i'll edit the post before get some sleep for work to night. form some reason i thought  there was in varus stages of conversion ad that some were more cyberpunk zombies then robots.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey