Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 08, 2008, 09:31:19 AM
I'm pretty sure the sniped leader was supposed to give you enough distraction to run. You didn't need to look to Keaton for it.

Okay, try this.  You're confronted by a nutter with a live atom bomb.  Do you run?  Unless you can teleport, or run at about 5 miles a second, you'll still be within the blast area when he sets it off, and therefore vapourised.   That leaves negotiating, or killing/incapacitating him.

Unless I have badly misread the text (three times), Cog has snapped.  He is not making a judgement, nor trying to save anyone.  He has simply flipped and run wild.  Cross is expecting him to die, either from a Mer lightning-bolt, or by running into the police.

The second tactic, negotiation, is what Cross was attempting.  But ultimately Keaton is the leader.  To Cross, she the pack alpha.  If she says fight, they fight.

QuoteIt's just that you guys weren't supposed to fight them. The reason they were there was so that you wouldn't have to fight anything. Now that you are, Cog did an ass-pull for nothing.
Ultimately it was the GM's idea, so I suggest you take it up with her  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 08, 2008, 09:41:57 AM
QuoteIt's just that you guys weren't supposed to fight them. The reason they were there was so that you wouldn't have to fight anything. Now that you are, Cog did an ass-pull for nothing.
Ultimately it was the GM's idea, so I suggest you take it up with her  >:3
Him, you mean. It was Cog's idea. And he already admitted it backfired.
I actually don't know where Keaton was through all of this, if at all.

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 08, 2008, 09:41:57 AM
Okay, try this.  You're confronted by a nutter with a live atom bomb.  Do you run?  Unless you can teleport, or run at about 5 miles a second, you'll still be within the blast area when he sets it off, and therefore vapourised.   That leaves negotiating, or killing/incapacitating him.
Mer lightning doesn't have near the range of an atom bomb. And for the purposes of the analogy, he already was incapacitated.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 08, 2008, 09:47:15 AM
Him, you mean. It was Cog's idea. And he already admitted it backfired.
I actually don't know where Keaton was through all of this, if at all.
Maybe, but it was her post which instigated it.  Until she said 'fight', running was still an option.

QuoteMer lightning doesn't have near the range of an atom bomb.
Unless it's a tiny little cloud or something, it's liable to have the range of the junkyard (which is a maze they can't escape in a few minutes, let alone the few seconds it will take to summon a lightning bolt) if not, the entire island.

QuoteAnd for the purposes of the analogy, he already was incapacitated.
I don't follow.  She was in full control of the situation until Keaton's post where she was mysteriously shot.

e_voyager

personally i was all open for running but every reaction i read after waking up told me that i was surround with no hiding places or chance to run. other wise i would have said that i was running a post ago.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Players will act IC, and I fully encourage this. Werther or not any plans that Keaton and I may or may not have made backfire is completely irrelevant to this.

And that's all I'll say on that subject.

Edit: Well, almost all. If someone has a question as to what I or Keats am intending, you may ask, and we will answer or smile mysteriously - however, speculating and saying that other players are doing it wrong is not appreciated - even if we've told you our intentions, telling the other players that they're doing it wrong is not appreciated. Keats and I are capable or telling people when they might want to think about a different course of action, ourselves.

That's all I'll say on the subject.

techmaster-glitch

Sunblink

To everyone, I apologize for the excessive length of this post. :< I'm terrible when it comes to self-restraint when writing.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

No apology necessary.

For those wondering, the pickelhaube Witt found is one of these (by arrangement with Keats)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Like when you went off on Johan, Cog, I don't mean anything personal to you :3 IC Cog just happens to be the nearest source of Arcwerlder's angry face :)

Tapewolf

I managed to forget a key point in my last post, so I've just revised it.

lucas marcone

ill be gone today. ill catch up tonight... if were moveing assume dani is tagging along. if were fighting youve seen him fight you can auto him if need be

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mer have ears, Tape? Rather unlike everything else in the water?

Incidentally, Cog and Keats - let me know what Witt managed to scrounge off the corpses, as it might come in handy later. You know, using rings as ammo when he runs out of everything else, that sort of thing... ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 09, 2008, 10:47:35 AM
Mer have ears, Tape? Rather unlike everything else in the water?
Look at the demonology entry and the Calendar.  (This is difficult as xephernet seems to be down ATM).
They have a webbed protrusion each side of their heads, where the ears would be.  They may not actually be ears of course, but they'll do well enough for Daryil.

Sunblink

Quote from: lucas marcone on February 09, 2008, 09:19:48 AM
ill be gone today. ill catch up tonight... if were moveing assume dani is tagging along. if were fighting youve seen him fight you can auto him if need be

No problem, Lucas. We'll take care of Dani. :)

Honestly though, whether or not Mer have "ears," per se, I approve of the ear collage reference. >:3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

techmaster-glitch

Ahhhh. Cog, why did ya have to go and do that? Arcwelder was actually only advancing on you, not Axiyne. Arc wasn't really threatening the feather-duster.

Cogidubnus

Well, Cog didn't necessarily gouge his eye completely out, although that would be a bonus. He was just trying to cause a bit of pain while he could get away.

Also, well, you just tried to kill him, and now you're threatening him again...it follows that he's pretty sure you're going to try and kill everyone too.

techmaster-glitch

Hm, I guess. It's just that you made it seem like the reason Cog jabbed out was because the Gryphon was threatened,

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 09, 2008, 10:05:52 PM
Hm, I guess. It's just that you made it seem like the reason Cog jabbed out was because the Gryphon was threatened,

Well, that's the reason he didn't start blubbering. :3

Axiyne was protecting him, which made Cog reciprocate.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Boogey,

Witt isn't a porcupine. He's a hedgehog.

The two have -very- different looks and habits, not to mention bone structure, etc.

... of course, if -you- know the difference, and -Ty- doesn't, that's something else. ;-]

I mention this merely because I wouldn't want you to have Ty mention it to Witt, unless it was deliberate. *grin*

e_voyager

I'm to sorry to have been gone all of yesterday but a bit of a family business prevent me form getting home after work yesterday morning.  Then i had work again before i got off a couple of hours ago. but i'm pleased to say that  everything turned out okay they are recovering nicely at home now. but enough about that i'll read the thread and try to have a post up in a couple of hours.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tezkat

Bleh... finally caught up. :animesweat

Rather than contriving some retcon to account for activities during the fight, I'm just gonna explain away my absence by having him go missing. >:]
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

techmaster-glitch

Ack, Tez, are you trying to get one of your personas shot, blasted, and chopped up into little pieces? In case you haven't noticed, Arcwelder isn't in the best of moods right now. And his elite zombiebots are standing by.
   And I just checked your char profile. From what it looks like, if your bodies are split into multiple avatars, killing one won't be a permanent problem, unless I'm very much mistaken. You sure you want to be around Arcwelder alone at the moment? He's not a very conversational person. It was actually difficult (but not impossible) to not have him just kill Cog on the spot. Now that a second person has come by (and, out-of-character, one that can't 'die') it's that much harder.

Tezkat

Aw... you mean he doesn't want to chat? Maybe a jam session to let out those pent up emotions? :3

Hmm... I'm not actually trying to get killed. Whether I'll succeed by accident is another story altogether. :animesweat After being away long enough to miss two fights, that the most IC way I could come up with to reinsert myself into the action. See... Edge is an adrenaline junkie always looking for the next fix. He likes to poke powerful opponents to see what happens, and those who are potentially stronger than him physically but missing a few screws up top tend to be the most interesting. However, he would have felt a little straightjacketed during the battle with the Mer. All the others were pulling their wings out, so to speak, but revealing his true abilities in the presence of a clan enemy could have created certain complications that he wasn't prepared to address just yet. So it made sense to trail the junkie and the crazy cyborg instead. And now that he's found Arc alone in a playground with no witnesses to prevent him from fighting at full power... well... just to good to pass up. At the very least, I think I can keep him alive until Pandora returns to scold us for fighting in her hangar. Everything he shows you is a lie... >:]

(By the way, do the zombie bots have radar or similar active sensors? That could make things "slightly" more dangerous than anticipated. :dface)

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Cogidubnus

I would doubt they'd have radar, to be honest. That seems a little advanced for walking piles of scrap to have. Although I understand these are the deluxe models.

Still, they'd not be able to see Mask - I don't think an illusion would reflect sound waves. Although he probably wouldn't do you a great deal of good right now.

techmaster-glitch

If the guy you have out right now is pure illusion, the zombiebots won't be fooled by it. Meaning: they can't see it. They only 'see' things that are actually there, though if your 'illusion' can actually attack, I'm pretty sure it's not an illusion.

But, if this guy can attack, tell me; can he survive two gatling guns, a multirocket launcher, and a cannon/mortar? (I doubt he can dodge, they are already focused on him. They aren't precision, they are more AoE. You can't really 'dodge' that) If you can't survive that kind of barrage, it's your decision whether or not to edit and save yourself the trouble.

If you can survive that; I REALLY do NOT need another goddamned wrench thrown into what already has been a consistantly collapsing situation.

Cogidubnus

Robots cannot shoot what they cannot see. And there are seven of him and six of you. :3
And he can cut through metal. He could, in point of fact, already be behind you.

I don't think anyone will be dying anytime soon, however. Things should wrap themselves up...shortly.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 10, 2008, 10:33:43 PM
Robots cannot shoot what they cannot see. And there are seven of him and six of you. :3
And he can cut through metal. He could, in point of fact, already be behind you.
All the more reason I need it to be GONE.

Though, if the zombiebots can't see it, it does not exist. If it does exist, they CAN see it.

Also, in the profile he said it takes consequential amounts of energy to split himself into separate avatars. So far, he's only got himself split in two, IF the thing isn't already an illusion.
Speaking of which, if it is an illusion, Arcwelder can't see or hear it anymore either, which makes all of this null and void. Which is what I NEED right now, at least until Pandora and the others come by.

I'm sorry Tez, but I cannot have a fight with anyone right now. Things have gotten far too screwed up that any further complications will almost certainly write Arcweld off of the RP, if only there no longer exists any possible way to get him into the party with some docility.

Cogidubnus

If Tezkat wants to edit, it's up to him. Although I personally don't see a problem.

techmaster-glitch

Arcwelder is insane. Right now, he is stuck in 'murder' mode to anyone but Pandora. It will take a very specific event to snap him out of it and ultimately render him docile. Right now, that even will be him seeing Pandora with the people who, in his mind, led the 'monsters' to fry his robots. Sure, he will fly into a rage, but just the kind of rage where you repeatedly punch something that doesn't matter or doesn't break, then fall into a dispaired heap. That's the 'docile' part. BUT, if say, he is fighting someone before the event that triggers the breakdown, it simply won't happen. He will be permanently stuck in 'murder' mode. The only way to stop him then will be too kill him.

e_voyager

sounds like  being cornered. are you sure you can't calm yourself down with out talking to Pandora first or being knocked out?