Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Um, I'm not sure what you mean by that. You aren't really alone, and therefore not in imminent danger because you are still in view of the party, but I'm just saying that being on the junkpiles might be hazardous to your character's health for all you know. Capiche?

And actually, I didn't even catch you climbing up on the junkpile earlier, otherwise I would have simply said that it just collapses under you.

e_voyager

one page back on the 25 at bottom of the page last post. the link is here and don't worry i had the same problem in the castle. there was so much happening and such a high rate of speed i wasn't able to keep - get a clear picture of where everyone was and what there were doing.

Edit.  i should note that i spent several minutes out of sight repairing my body and had just finished shortly before the scream. being what i am i an not normally targeted unless either i'm being excessive or they know what i am. when people know that i amt it's all kill him kill him. and so forth. that's how i would up in place to join that cracked brigade.  of suicidal soldiers
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

Don't worry about it, I went back and saw it myself a little earlier. As for the next action I've had planned out, with the insertion of just a few words, I think I can make it so Epyon will probably get the idea that it's not so wise to be on the scrap. Don't worry, he won't be hurt in any way, but he should be surprised enough to get up ;)

bill

on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad would it be to be alone in the junkyard  :B

(seriously, though, linking up with the group again right now would be a tad awkward)

e_voyager

with two of them outside and one pretty on the edge of awareness a big heavy ursine of the edge of awareness  you might not need to be alone when you link up.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 27, 2008, 05:06:56 PM
(seriously, though, linking up with the group again right now would be a tad awkward)
Awkwardness makes for good roleplaying >:3

But, while I don't think I can scale it, let me try to explain. Any one person, even with the right weapons, would be quickly overwhelmed. There is a reason why most people who enter the junkyard don't come out at all, or do come out in truely horrendous physical dismemberment and stark raving mad.

Let me put it this way. If you go in alone, chances are, you won't be killed right away. You will be captured. From there, you really don't want to know.

lucas marcone

i figured the magical sleepy time is something epyon had to wake him out of. if it isnt please let me know.

Tezkat

Quote from: lucas marcone on January 28, 2008, 03:57:03 PM
i figured the magical sleepy time is something epyon had to wake him out of. if it isnt please let me know.

Well, a general rule of freeform gaming is that you have full control over what happens to your own character. So you should feel free to wake up whenever you feel you're ready. The effect could have worn off once you were feeling better (perhaps in conjuction with the potion I gave you). In any event, you could be waiting quite a while for Epyon seeing as how he already left you to wander inside the junkyard. :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

e_voyager

he's right. when it was a self terminating spell that ends when it's work (replenishing your blood ) is done. you can wake up anything and i thought when you said you were stirring in you sleep that you knew. the spell can be replaced by natural sleep and all but you're not spell bound to slumber land by my will or anything.

lucas marcone

ok, but i was gone for three days and i have to catch up on everything. ill do that in the morning.

techmaster-glitch

Hey Cog, did IC Cog miss the something that jumped out of one of the scrap piles and ran off, or was that an accident?

e_voyager

i know that it was easy to miss but for Dani's sake i suppose i should point out this
Quote from: e_voyager on January 18, 2008, 12:08:52 PM
snip... this was no time for a rush job but it'd have to be on.  Quickly and painfully he extracts the bullets using fingers and at times one of his sai's. Each time he removes a bullet he mends the blood vessels after the extraction. then with the bleeding stop. He case the bear into a memory damping sleep called a healing trance and hoped that he had enough blood in him for the spell to replenish his blood to work.

With the bleeding stopped the blood would rebuild it's supply with or with out magic. But there was a price for this as either way but this way the bear would wake up hungry. Very hungry. But still the fast patch work would have to do assuming that it held.  Heaving the bear over his should he because to run after the wolf who was chasing the jackal who started this whole affair.  ....snip

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 29, 2008, 08:18:16 PM
Hey Cog, did IC Cog miss the something that jumped out of one of the scrap piles and ran off, or was that an accident?

He wasn't looking that way at the time, no. He probably heard the sound though, and concluded that this is further proof that evasive action should be immediately taken.

Also, fixed E. Thanks.

Tezkat

Must... resist... urge... to... quote... Star Wars...

"Get in there you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell! Get in there and don't worry about it."

"What an incredible smell you've discovered! Let's get out of here!"

"Look! Did you see that?"

"There's something alive in here!"

:kittydevious

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on January 30, 2008, 12:05:49 PM
Must... resist... urge... to... quote... Star Wars...
I just about managed to avoid that temptation in my IC post, but it was a near miss.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

what can i say ? Epyon cares about Epyon. the hedgehog has proven a valuable battle distraction once already and seems eager to go at it again. with the fire  and ice magic he saw at the docks it seems to him that they would be effect again most effective if not one then the others. a frozen enemy can be shattered and a burning one may set other enemies on fire. it's win win so long as Epyon come out on top.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk*

I appreciate the effort.

Witt... isn't silly enough to let someone else set up his battle strategy. Sorry. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

E, you might want to amend that slightly - as I understand it, the corpse is too far gone to tell if it was a Being or not.

e_voyager

thanks i'll go edit it now. i wanted to say beasty but i still can seem to get the right spelling for it.

Cogidubnus

Heya Tape,

Just lettin' you know, Cog's feelings in no way mirror my own in this. He's just a very angry druggie, and is expressing himself as such.  :>

*gives :candy for having his character chewed out*  :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 31, 2008, 09:23:52 PM

I hope you don't mind what he's going to do back  :mwaha

**EDIT**
That's going to be about 5-7 seconds of pain.

e_voyager

i know my magic sai's are powerful and can cut through almost any thing but i really hate using them. they are for strong enemies , enemies that i can't bash into submission  so i'll ask. how tough are these cyber zombies?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: e_voyager on February 01, 2008, 05:25:25 AM
i know my magic sai's are powerful and can cut through almost any thing but i really hate using them.
How powerful? You simply said they were enchanted in your char sheet. Need more detail.

e_voyager

Basically they cut and they cut well they cut almost anything hat is not magically armed or made of diamond.(this does not count people using the harden techniques to make their bodies like stone it has to be actual armor. such techniques may reduce damage but they would not stop the blades as in theory this is what they were forged for. )    if one is trains like an anime swordsman like Zolo in One Piece ore Kenshen in Ronie Kenshin then they can be used for the flying blade attack.
Epyon is not trained for that but his Grand father showed it to him using the blades. the flying blade attack is like a wind scythe that cuts with about half the strength of the actual blade. it is the result of concreting one's energy or what have you into the blade. once again Epyon is not trained for this so can not and will not be using it.  bottom line is they cut and they cut well. a master can draw out there power to it's fullest but to Epyon they are what wolverines claws are to him. when he's using them they are like a part of his body and he attacks and attack slicing, stabbing and cutting anything that he can. his nearly forgets who he is. He's also against lending them out others but if disarmed then the he'll fight like made to get the weapon back. also the magic they use seems to call magical enemies to him when he's fighting with them. they are how he killed the undead that bit him.

They won't make make him unstoppable. indeed a good clock on the head or a sleep spell should stop him but they may drive him berserk if he forgets whom his Allies are in a fit and fear induced battle rage.  still with a reach of only 14 inches past his arm unless thrown they should not be a problem for distance fighters.  It should be noted (in case it was missed in early post that mentioned it) that his pole weapon is a lot like goku's power pole from the original dragon ball but made metal  and a spell enhance for certain magic but he can't use it to it's fullest either. this magical items were either bequeathed to him by his clan or discovered but him during his archaeological digs. he lose a  number or artifacts when he was run out of the hotel as well but they are unimportant as the are gone.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2008, 04:20:20 AM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 31, 2008, 09:23:52 PM

I hope you don't mind what he's going to do back  :mwaha

**EDIT**
That's going to be about 5-7 seconds of pain.

I think he's going to be more frustrated that he didn't get through to you, but that's the breaks. :3

Anyway, though. I think we're still waiting on Dani and Navarro to get into the junkyard. If there's something I've forgotten to address with either of them, please don't hesitate to point out my foolishness.
Also, with Ty, but I think I already talked to Boog about that one.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 01, 2008, 02:07:05 PM
I think he's going to be more frustrated that he didn't get through to you, but that's the breaks. :3

Heh.  Well, if it wasn't for the junk monster this would turn into a long, drawn-out argument.  Several things Cog said weren't relevant or were otherwise bogus (e.g. I don't think he said Pandora didn't live in the junkyard, and such a place would be ideal for a squatter).  On the other hand, Cross simply isn't going to reveal the degree to which Cog got through anyway.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2008, 02:21:01 PM

Heh.  Well, if it wasn't for the junk monster this would turn into a long, drawn-out argument.  Several things Cog said weren't relevant or were otherwise bogus (e.g. I don't think he said Pandora didn't live in the junkyard, and such a place would be ideal for a squatter).  On the other hand, Cross simply isn't going to reveal the degree to which Cog got through anyway.

He never said she did either.  ;)

Quote"In...the Junkyard. No-one goes in the Junkyard, except her. She lives right next to it. We can head through that, avoid all this. She'll get us out of here."

Right next to it being the operative word. And she's not really a squatter, though, so much as it's a convenient place for her to be next to. But I'll say no more about that. :3
And I did somewhat figure Cross would play his cards close to his chest. Still, Cog's going to be frustrated there either way. Of course, that might not be entirely a good thing for Cross later... :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 01, 2008, 02:31:16 PM
Quote"In...the Junkyard. No-one goes in the Junkyard, except her. She lives right next to it. We can head through that, avoid all this. She'll get us out of here."

Right next to it being the operative word.
Precisely.  That usually precludes going inside the junkyard, so I (and consequently Cross) assumed that he meant 'right next to the entrance, from the inside'.

QuoteAnd she's not really a squatter, though, so much as it's a convenient place for her to be next to. But I'll say no more about that. :3
True.  But on the other hand, Cross ostensibly lives in a shack in a shanty town, and in any case it's a dystopia so there being a lot of impoverished/homeless is a reasonable assumption.

lucas marcone

sorry i was a bit late... some people have been demanding my time lately...also i had to veg for a while and recharge from what they were demanding. im all up to date now.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2008, 02:21:01 PM

Heh.  Well, if it wasn't for the junk monster this would turn into a long, drawn-out argument.
If it weren't for the "junk monster", you wouldn't be having this argument at all :P :P :P

Quote from: e_voyager on February 01, 2008, 11:04:21 AM
Basically they cut and they cut well they cut almost anything hat is not magically armed or made of diamond.
'Magically armed', what does that mean?