Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on January 23, 2008, 07:07:08 AM
I don't recall Amber ever suggesting that Cubi teleportation was a racial ability, so they'd presumably do it with magic just like everyone else.
Indeed.

QuoteTeleportation, especially long range teleportation, is considered fairly high level magic in most game systems.
Yes, but unlike the game systems which AFAIK are generally based on humans, Creatures have centuries in which to get it down pat.  Aniz can do it without a warp-aci, and he comes from a pretty feeble clan as I understand it, so I'd say it's not really a matter of raw power.  It might take a while to learn, but remember Cross has had something like 800 years in which to get the hang of it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, nuts.

Sorry, Snuggles. I overlooked Anton in the fracas. Can you forgive me?

Didn't mean to leave you in the fray, as it were. Any way we could... fish him out of it? Or are you taking the same way out as Daimian?

If the latter, it might be an idea to let us know...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

On another note, Snuggles, in order to keep your character from being left behind in the mad dash to reach the junkyard, I recommend you rectify your post so that way he collapses closer to the group. That will make it more likely that someone will pick him up and carry him.

If you want, he can be blown back and near the group by the force of the explosion. Witt was, after all.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

bill

Alright, I'm sorry for my absence, but I've had to do three entirely separate tasks at the same time for the past week-and-a-half. Is it too late, or can I still continue with this?

Snuggles

Is Sheebus being left behind for some reason as well or did he get picked up as well

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 23, 2008, 12:55:13 PM
Sorry, Snuggles. I overlooked Anton in the fracas. Can you forgive me?
It is fine i haven't posted all weekend so it is kind of my fault so i had to come up with something.
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 23, 2008, 12:55:13 PM
Didn't mean to leave you in the fray, as it were. Any way we could... fish him out of it? Or are you taking the same way out as Daimian?
do you mean the Daimian exiting from the RP.... if so then I will change it so you can fish me out

OK after getting caught up on what is going to happen then yes i do want to say with this char to i am going to change it so that people can grab me from the imante death of my char too..... just give me a little bit to make the corrections and we will be on our way.

Tapewolf

I'm pretty sure the SWAT people would be crucified if they opened fire on a child.  But it would still make things easier if Anton managed to escape being arrested.  Cross has to balance keeping another known 'Cubi on board against the need to flee, after all.

Sunblink

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 23, 2008, 01:11:56 PM
Alright, I'm sorry for my absence, but I've had to do three entirely separate tasks at the same time for the past week-and-a-half. Is it too late, or can I still continue with this?

It's alright, Bill. :) I'm pretty sure you can continue with this just fine as long as you write a catch-up post, but I'll need to check with my co-GM.

Quote from: Snuggles on January 23, 2008, 01:16:09 PM
Is Sheebus being left behind for some reason as well or did he get picked up as well

Um, Sheebus is pretty much dead. Daimien's dropped out of the RP.

OK after getting caught up on what is going to happen then yes i do want to say with this char to i am going to change it so that people can grab me from the imante death of my char too..... just give me a little bit to make the corrections and we will be on our way.

Not a problem. Just inform us when you've made the corrections and we'll waddle our way to the junkyard. Just like March of the Penguins, only involving a sizable assortment of misanthropic characters and RPers. And we don't eat fish, we eat Cheeto's.

My apologies for the slow posting on my end, by the way, everyone. Honestly, when my posts are pretty much about the size of a small novel (UNINTENTIONALLY! I get carried away, dammit) it's a little difficult to start dragging my 145-pounds-of-Winnie-the-Pooh-yellow-fluff ass around and start posting regularly.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Snuggles,

Sheabus decided he didn't want to play anymore. That's why the fuzz have him arrested, and possibly somewhat police brutalitied - it's unclear at present what his status is, and I'm not sure the players will know anytime soon what happened to him anyway.

If you want to keep playing, you need to get into the alleyway ASAP, and hopefully one of the mob will grab you and carry you until we get a chance to wake you up and/or patch up wounds.

(note that this is all -my- suggestions, and subject to review and overrule by the other players, and -definitely- by the GMs...)

Snuggles

Alright i have made my corrections hopefully it is ok....

Also this is what i get for not being on for the weekend.... (misses a good portion of everything heh :B)

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 23, 2008, 04:50:16 AM

IIRC Creatures can teleport to the moon(s).  While we don't know how 'Cubi teleportation works, it's unlikely that range is a barrier.  That certainly wouldn't be the case with Warp-aci, since it's basically portal generation.

Oh, well, that answers that question, then. :B

QuoteWell, it's definitely the latter approach he was thinking of.  Teleporting the entire crowd in one go is too much.  I'll concede that he might not have the strength to do that many people individually, either.

Now that I think about it, it'd be more like 12 two-person trips, and another twelve single-person trips (taking two on the way there, and then teleporting himself back).

QuoteUnless the Isle is some strange volcanic lump all alone in the middle of the ocean (I'll have to check the original description again) it's going to be located off one of the continents (and we don't know if there is more than one major continent in Furrae  buck teeth).  Cross is going to be referring to the one it is adjacent to.  If it's a different one they need to get to, chances are he might not have been there, so it wouldn't work.

Actually, you've hit in on the head. It's in the middle of the ocean, yes. It's also (mostly) equidistant from most of the major continents. Is'why it's mostly trade-centered.
So when Johan says "To the mainland", the correct response is "Which one?"  ;)

QuoteWell from a game PoV it would be too easy, so I don't honestly expect the proposal to be carried.  Unfortunately, it's the obvious approach given the setting.  It's quite possible that teleportation is considered a basic skill for 'Cubi who leave SAIA.
I'd be willing to say that a SAIA graduate could teleport. Teleporting across continents 24 times a day (twelve with another person), though, I might draw objection to.

QuoteIt's alright, Bill. :) I'm pretty sure you can continue with this just fine as long as you write a catch-up post, but I'll need to check with my co-GM.

It's quite alright with me. We'll probably chew out Navarro for being a lazy bastard, though. ;)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 23, 2008, 02:50:07 PM
Actually, you've hit in on the head. It's in the middle of the ocean, yes. It's also (mostly) equidistant from most of the major continents. Is'why it's mostly trade-centered.
So when Johan says "To the mainland", the correct response is "Which one?"  ;)

In some ways that's a problem of your own making, because we don't know what the continent DMFA is set on is called  >:3

We can probably assume that Cross has forgotten how far away from home he is.  Heck, it's exactly the sort of thing I'd do.  Either way, it doesn't look like he knows the location, so that's going to scupper the plan right away.

QuoteTeleporting across continents 24 times a day (twelve with another person), though, I might draw objection to.

Put like that, 24 teleportations in a single sitting is indeed far outside his capability.  Note however, that he is not the only 'Cubi in the party who would be able to do this.

**EDIT**
It would also open up the possibility of him teleporting the Creatures first and then being 'Too tired' to pick up the ones he considers deadweights  :mwaha

**EDIT EDIT**
Hopefully that should take care of both the teleportation question, at least for now.  It should also bring Anton back into the fold although Cross won't be able to carry him for long.

e_voyager

i know that Epyon doesn't know any teleportation spells. healing yes but now that he's sure that the bear (dani) will survive he'd rather Anton (the rabbit he heard earlier ) or someone else take over the healing.  he's kind of self centered in that while he'll save you if he can he'll tend to his own needs before yours. If if you'll survive and he needs to fix his body then his body comes first.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tezkat

Okay... so I figured if Edge was gonna keep wandering around in the rain with a suit on, he'd need a hat--something conservative enough to go with a tie but still edgy enough for a black leather trenchcoated swordsman. Here's a quickie concept sketch:

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on January 24, 2008, 12:22:32 PM
Okay... so I figured if Edge was gonna keep wandering around in the rain with a suit on, he'd need a hat--something conservative enough to go with a tie but still edgy enough for a black leather trenchcoated swordsman. Here's a quickie concept sketch:

Ooh, nice. Is there any particular reason for the chunk missing from the back of the hat?

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2008, 12:25:44 PM
Ooh, nice. Is there any particular reason for the chunk missing from the back of the hat?

Uh... it makes him look all sharp and pointy? :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on January 24, 2008, 12:31:47 PM
Uh... it makes him look all sharp and pointy? :3

I did wonder if it was a gap for his headwings or something.  Wouldn't the back of his head gets wet, though?

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2008, 12:33:07 PM
I did wonder if it was a gap for his headwings or something.  Wouldn't the back of his head gets wet, though?

Maybe... I wasn't really thinking about functional considerations when I drew it. I just thought it looked cool. :animesweat I suppose he could tilt it back if the rain was coming from behind. Combined with the upturned collar, there wouldn't be too much water getting through.

llearch n'n'daCorna

heh. I note that everyone seems to think that Witt is a loudmouth, when he's just forceful and direct...

... I have to wonder what would happen if someone tried to read his mind. I'd like to think it'd be like sticking your hand into a ball of razor-wire, complete with curses and abuse, but that might well be just wishful thinking. ;-]

Cogidubnus

Hats do indeed rock, sir. Of course, now Tez might need to stop by the honor circle, to determine once and for all whose hat is indeed the ultimate in badassery.  >:3

(arts by Keaton the Black Jackal)

llearch n'n'daCorna

e_voyager

indeed sire box. the fedora verse the what kind of hat is that cogi?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tezkat

Quote from: e_voyager on January 24, 2008, 04:36:31 PM
indeed sire box. the fedora verse the what kind of hat is that cogi?

Hmm... Cog's hat looks rather like a fedora. It's even pointier than mine. :3

I was going for something for something fedora-like on mine that also suggested the slightly wider-brimmed and pointier hats associated with swashbucklers.

As promised, a few tidbits of semi-public information about my current alias, Edge Blackwind:

Relatively well known in the right circles...
Edge isn't a major player by any means, but he's supposedly a 20-something Being swordsman of some skill. He's been active as an Adventurer for several years and isn't dead yet, so he must be doing something right.

Slightly less well known...
He wields a magical black blade that's rumoured to drink souls--he never brings his targets in alive. He's apparently more quixotic than mercenary, having reportedly worked pro bono a few times when villages were too poor to pay (though at least one case involved rescuing a pretty girl--he's reputedly something of a ladies' man as well >:]).

Rather obscure...
He dedicated his life to hunting Creatures after his mother was killed by a Demon.

e_voyager

sounds like stormbringer Elric's sword or mornblade which e wields form time to time e simply borrows it form the time stream when he needs it morn-blade being less unruly then strombringer. and there for easier to control.

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on January 25, 2008, 10:32:39 AM
sounds like stormbringer Elric's sword or mornblade which e wields form time to time e simply borrows it form the time stream when he needs it morn-blade being less unruly then strombringer. and there for easier to control.

Yeah, I saw that resemblance.

"Some say he was a sorceror
Or a warrior chief
But he was a stealer of souls
The Lord of Chaos reaps"

**EDIT**

QuoteAnd then, in response to the introduction, he laconically returned "Witt. 'ow much?"

Christ, llearch.  If that means what I think it means, we're likely to find out if the sword steals souls or not  :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

He said he was for hire. I'm just asking. :-P

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 25, 2008, 01:20:17 PM

He said his sword was for hire, not his body  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 25, 2008, 01:55:54 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 25, 2008, 01:20:17 PM
He said his sword was for hire, not his body  >:3

"warrior for hire" doesn't sound like he's selling his sword to me.

... unless you mean a nudge, nudge, wink, wink sort of sword. I wasn't going to go there, though - that's not one of Witt's kinks, if you take my meaning...

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

e_voyager

you are a strange boxy man llearch. you make me feel almost normal when you say things like that.