Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 21, 2008, 04:46:06 PM
Oh, and Tapewolf? You're facing the wrong way to look at Sal. :>
Would you mind clarifying that?  Cog said that Sal was behind him.  Cross is looking behind Cog...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cogidubnus

I'm fairly certain that I wrote that Cog bumped into Cross's back - meaning that behind Cog and behind Cross are the same direction. However, if I've misinterpreted something, that's also more than possible.  :animesweat

Also, under recommendation, we're closing registrations for this RP. If you still want to join after this point, you're more than welcome to post here and toss us a PM - if it's feasible, we'll see what we can do. However, it's going to be extremely difficult to introduce characters in a little bit, and well, considering the size of the RP, registrations are for all intents and purposes closed.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 21, 2008, 05:01:43 PM
I'm fairly certain that I wrote that Cog bumped into Cross's back - meaning that behind Cog and behind Cross are the same direction. However, if I've misinterpreted something, that's also more than possible.  :animesweat

Indeed.  I'm thinking we have Keaton, then Cross, then Cog, and then Sal, each behind the other.  Cross glances round to see Cog and talk to him, but doesn't notice Sal until later.
If you want me to clarify it, that's no problem.

Cogidubnus

That sounds about right, yes - I probably misinterpreted something there, then. Your post should be fine, I just thought perhaps you thought Cog was in front of you.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 21, 2008, 05:05:13 PM
That sounds about right, yes - I probably misinterpreted something there, then. Your post should be fine, I just thought perhaps you thought Cog was in front of you.

I've made a slight edit to make this clearer.  However, I do seem to have missed Witt in my mental model.

Lushin

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 21, 2008, 04:46:06 PM
Daimien, I really hate to be a bitch here, but you're being unnecessarily troublesome here. Cog has asked you nicely, repeatedly, to edit your post to something which will prevent any further trouble. If I were you, I would be diving for that with open arms. You also seem to be under the impression that you can simply create replacement characters every time you get your character in a corner rather than negotiate reasonably. When you blatantly do not listen to the GMs and you act so recklessly with a character, we're obviously not going to let you do that.

So yes. If Sheabus is killed, you're not going to be allowed to create a new character.

Oh, and Tapewolf? You're facing the wrong way to look at Sal. :>

~Keaton the Black Jackal
Fine, kill him off. He didn't seem to fit in with this group anyway. Just ya know make a run for it or something while it happens.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Cogidubnus

I'm sorry to hear that, Damien.

I would first of all point out that Sheebus isn't really sacrificing himself for his friends, in any way. One might argue that these people are in no way his friends - but secondly, that the police are already going to be doing a nice job of being a distraction to the Harpist and Izria anyway. So, he's not really doing this for any reason than either sheer stupidity and thickheadedness.

What's more, I'm especially sorry to hear you'll be leaving over not winning your first fight in the RP. I would take a moment to reread the RP's description - this is a dystopia. Sheebus is not the most badass badass to ever walk this place, and to expect him to win a fight one-on-one with one of the best assassins on furrae is sheer silliness. Being stubborn and deciding to just quit because you can't win isn't going to change the situation any.

I have asked you nicely once, told you again, and then Keats has told you to change your post, to no effect. We're not the sort of GM's who take personal control over people's characters, but if you're going to ignore us like this, I see no reason to let you back into the RP either. You have had your chance to edit, and basically told us to go screw ourselves. So, alright. Have it your way, Damien. Sheebus won't be making a reappearance, and I'm sorry to say that neither will you.

Lushin

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 21, 2008, 06:05:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Damien.

I would first of all point out that Sheebus isn't really sacrificing himself for his friends, in any way. One might argue that these people are in no way his friends - but secondly, that the police are already going to be doing a nice job of being a distraction to the Harpist and Izria anyway. So, he's not really doing this for any reason than either sheer stupidity and thickheadedness.

What's more, I'm especially sorry to hear you'll be leaving over not winning your first fight in the RP. I would take a moment to reread the RP's description - this is a dystopia. Sheebus is not the most badass badass to ever walk this place, and to expect him to win a fight one-on-one with one of the best assassins on furrae is sheer silliness. Being stubborn and deciding to just quit because you can't win isn't going to change the situation any.

I have asked you nicely once, told you again, and then Keats has told you to change your post, to no effect. We're not the sort of GM's who take personal control over people's characters, but if you're going to ignore us like this, I see no reason to let you back into the RP either. You have had your chance to edit, and basically told us to go screw ourselves. So, alright. Have it your way, Damien. Sheebus won't be making a reappearance, and I'm sorry to say that neither will you.

I don't know why you think that's the reason I am leaving. With all honesty I've been thinking of leaveing since this thing had been kicked off, I almost just had him stay in the bar. This just gives me a reason to do it. I don't understand why you think I'm being petty about it. I made my choices cause they where mine to make. So now Sheabus will fade into obscure characters I've made.
/happiness.exe

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 21, 2008, 05:10:23 PM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 21, 2008, 05:05:13 PM

I've made a slight edit to make this clearer.  However, I do seem to have missed Witt in my mental model.

On the other side of Keats, on the ground, muttering profanities and tryign to catch his breath.

And probably wondering if one or more of his ribs are busted. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

lucas marcone

I can see Daimien's point....sort of... Ya see editing a post like that because your character wont make it is kinda metagameing in a way. If Dani gets into a situation where he's shot with a tommy gun from that close and in the open like that again in all probability he'll probably just die. I mean I'm not going to change the laws of probability and physics just so it fits nicely with Dani living and the plot advances all happy dappy everyone lives and everyone wins... You guys said it yourself it's a dystopia and we're all killable/ captureable creatures. shit happens.

then again you guys do plan this stuff out ahead of time and such and I'm pretty sure it's inconvenient for you to change the way the story goes on account of a deat every five minutes, and Daimian could have handled it more politely than he did.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Daimien on January 21, 2008, 06:37:18 PM

I don't know why you think that's the reason I am leaving. With all honesty I've been thinking of leaveing since this thing had been kicked off, I almost just had him stay in the bar. This just gives me a reason to do it. I don't understand why you think I'm being petty about it. I made my choices cause they where mine to make. So now Sheabus will fade into obscure characters I've made.

If you wanted to quit, that's fine. There are better ways of going about it, certainly, and possibly telling us that leaving was your intention might have resulted in a little less misunderstanding. I'll make an IC post momentarily, then.

Quote from: lucas marcone on January 21, 2008, 07:02:27 PM
I can see Daimien's point....sort of... Ya see editing a post like that because your character wont make it is kinda metagameing in a way.

I see your point: having a character act IC is always the most important fact to consider. But, I'd consider it metagaming only if there was no feasible way a character would consider an alternate course of action. I feel that Sheebus had good reason to run away.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Stygian: Nothing personal about Wit's response, there.

He's the sort who'd say anything he thought he could get away with... If and when he figures out how many arms Sal has,he'll be making more "hand" jokes than you can poke a stick at. For the moment, I figured she was mostly shrouded by the cloak, and only had two hands out - it's unclear from your post, I mean, if she has two, or all six.

*cough*

Stygian

She has only two out. The other four aren't so humanoid, and situated further up on her back for practical reasons. That's why she's wearing a cloak and looking slightly hunched over, though she isn't actually.

lucas marcone

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 21, 2008, 07:12:50 PM
Quote from: Daimien on January 21, 2008, 06:37:18 PM

I don't know why you think that's the reason I am leaving. With all honesty I've been thinking of leaving since this thing had been kicked off, I almost just had him stay in the bar. This just gives me a reason to do it. I don't understand why you think I'm being petty about it. I made my choices cause they where mine to make. So now Sheabus will fade into obscure characters I've made.

If you wanted to quit, that's fine. There are better ways of going about it, certainly, and possibly telling us that leaving was your intention might have resulted in a little less misunderstanding. I'll make an IC post momentarily, then.

Quote from: lucas marcone on January 21, 2008, 07:02:27 PM
I can see Daimien's point....sort of... Ya see editing a post like that because your character wont make it is kinda metagameing in a way.

I see your point: having a character act IC is always the most important fact to consider. But, I'd consider it metagaming only if there was no feasible way a character would consider an alternate course of action. I feel that Sheebus had good reason to run away.

Then there's possibility versus probability... Sure it's possible Sheebus could drag his hulking mass from a prone position to his feet and run through (or around if you prefer) a whole SWAT team in full gear, but I like to think that that SWAT team is trained well enough to stop one man from getting by them no matter how realistically strong he is.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... he could always run ahead of the SWAT team and jump in the water, swim under the docks, and find a place to get out of the water and get away that way.

But let's leave it there.

Lushin

Yeah I was thinking about that too. I figure once the SWAT team showed up I was done for so I figured I'm dead.
/happiness.exe

lucas marcone

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 21, 2008, 09:40:44 PM
... he could always run ahead of the SWAT team and jump in the water, swim under the docks, and find a place to get out of the water and get away that way.

But let's leave it there.

Man, I wish you were some moron who wasn't worth my time right now......But damnit I respect you too damn much.

On another note.... If you're reading this, Spanky, Epyon and Dani are about to miss their shot. Now I'm sure I could find a way back to the party seeing as the Marcos have eyes and ears... I'm not sure how you mught do the same.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Last I saw Epyon was following Pettersohn.

Chances are he's just behind Sal, I guess...

lucas marcone

carrying Dani? poor guy.

hold the phone.... how is a 4'11'' guy carrying a 6' 200 lb guy over his shoulder. i could understand dragging but carrying?

llearch n'n'daCorna

He's undead. We presume that means a fair bit stronger than your usual, or capable of exerting exceptional strength if needed.

I could well be wrong in that - ask Keats and Cog for clarification?

Tezkat

Well... if you think about the kinestheological implications of being tireless, his max lift and carrying capacity should be identical. If he had a slight strength buff from his Mythos heritage, a 200 lbs carry isn't all that unreasonable. Of course, trying to fit a that much bear onto a the shoulder of a 4'11" humanoid is another matter entirely. :animesweat
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, but there's verified stories of mothers lifting cars off of their offspring. Given that, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that -everyone- has a lot of strength they can use that they believe they can't.

And granted that little extension, Undead having more strength than normal folk because they don't have the signals telling them they can't lift that...

Cogidubnus

In the same vein as old (dead) Windle Poons, I think that the undead would be very strong, yes.  ;)

More than capable of lifting 200lbs. of dead weight, I think.

e_voyager

sorry i've been gone for a few days but car mishaps prevent me form reaching home until today and i'm to sleepy to catch up now so i'll read what everyone has done and fix up a post in the next day if i can.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

lucas marcone

Quote from: Tezkat on January 22, 2008, 09:54:05 AM

Well... if you think about the kinestheological implications of being tireless, his max lift and carrying capacity should be identical. If he had a slight strength buff from his Mythos heritage, a 200 lbs carry isn't all that unreasonable. Of course, trying to fit a that much bear onto a the shoulder of a 4'11" humanoid is another matter entirely. :animesweat

That's what i was thinking... Dani's a big guy and the mental image I get is a rather comical verson of Epyon carrying dant with Dani smothering Epyon and his arms an legs dragging behind him. Undead or not it's still an awkward load.

llearch n'n'daCorna

yeah, but he doesn't have to breathe, so Dani can cover his face...

.. he -might- have trouble seeing where he's going, admittedly...

Cogidubnus

Tape, just to clarify - Johan Cross can really teleport across continents, here? Even supposing he could, I'd imagine that transporting thirteen people in such a way would be quite an epic feat. Heck, Teleporting two (himself and one other) twelve times in a row would be an epic feat by itself.
I'd also wonder if Tape's been on (and set a recall point, I suppose) the specific mainland we're talking about, as the Kami'Sin capital is located in the Furrae equivalent of Africa. Transportation even from the Continent might prove...tricky.

Of course, this might not matter in a few posts...

e_voyager

Quote from: lucas marcone on January 22, 2008, 03:15:48 PM
Quote from: Tezkat on January 22, 2008, 09:54:05 AM

That's what i was thinking... Dani's a big guy and the mental image I get is a rather comical verson of Epyon carrying dant with Dani smothering Epyon and his arms an legs dragging behind him. Undead or not it's still an awkward load.

yes it would be kind of awkward but my shoulders area little broad wings and all and as a living archaeologist Epyon was often required to carry between 60 and 100lbs of weight long distances on regular occasions. at the moment all my eyes are open  but still  my arm could probably just barely fit around Dani's waist but fit well enough that if i used my  other arm as a stabilise i should be able to hold him.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 22, 2008, 09:28:26 PM
Tape, just to clarify - Johan Cross can really teleport across continents, here?

IIRC Creatures can teleport to the moon(s).  While we don't know how 'Cubi teleportation works, it's unlikely that range is a barrier.  That certainly wouldn't be the case with Warp-aci, since it's basically portal generation.

QuoteEven supposing he could, I'd imagine that transporting thirteen people in such a way would be quite an epic feat. Heck, Teleporting two (himself and one other) twelve times in a row would be an epic feat by itself.
Well, it's definitely the latter approach he was thinking of.  Teleporting the entire crowd in one go is too much.  I'll concede that he might not have the strength to do that many people individually, either.

QuoteI'd also wonder if Tape's been on (and set a recall point, I suppose) the specific mainland we're talking about, as the Kami'Sin capital is located in the Furrae equivalent of Africa. Transportation even from the Continent might prove...tricky.
Unless the Isle is some strange volcanic lump all alone in the middle of the ocean (I'll have to check the original description again) it's going to be located off one of the continents (and we don't know if there is more than one major continent in Furrae  :B).  Cross is going to be referring to the one it is adjacent to.  If it's a different one they need to get to, chances are he might not have been there, so it wouldn't work.

QuoteOf course, this might not matter in a few posts...
Well from a game PoV it would be too easy, so I don't honestly expect the proposal to be carried.  Unfortunately, it's the obvious approach given the setting.  It's quite possible that teleportation is considered a basic skill for 'Cubi who leave SAIA.

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 22, 2008, 10:01:43 AM
Yeah, but there's verified stories of mothers lifting cars off of their offspring. Given that, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that -everyone- has a lot of strength they can use that they believe they can't.

Meh. It's not that hard to deadlift a car, but I highly doubt that everyone could do it even if their kids were trapped underneath. :animesweat Most people don't know how to use their muscles at anything close to maximal strength levels. Back when I worked as a personal trainer, it was normal to see newbies double their lifting capacity after only a few weeks. That's not muscle growth; it's improved neuromuscular control--accessing the untapped strength they didn't know they had. On the other hand, trained power athletes (and, presumably, experienced monster slayers) already know how to give 100%, so they wouldn't get that particular benefit from becoming Undead. In theory. :3

Quote from: Snuggles on January 22, 2008, 11:41:02 PM
As Sheebus ran out for the harpist, Anton was finished being sick of the pain and tried to help him. In trying to cast a spell to help him, His will gave out. He hit the deck and skid across to Sheebus landing beside him, knocked out.

Um... does this mean we're writing Anton out as well? :dface

Or do you expect us to break you out of jail or something? >:]

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 23, 2008, 04:50:16 AM
IIRC Creatures can teleport to the moon(s).  While we don't know how 'Cubi teleportation works, it's unlikely that range is a barrier.  That certainly wouldn't be the case with Warp-aci, since it's basically portal generation.
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 23, 2008, 04:50:16 AM
Well from a game PoV it would be too easy, so I don't honestly expect the proposal to be carried.  Unfortunately, it's the obvious approach given the setting.  It's quite possible that teleportation is considered a basic skill for 'Cubi who leave SAIA.

I don't recall Amber ever suggesting that Cubi teleportation was a racial ability, so they'd presumably do it with magic just like everyone else. Teleportation, especially long range teleportation, is considered fairly high level magic in most game systems.

Is the Kamei'Sin capital even a publicly known location? I got the impression that it was sort of a hidden stronghold where they staged attacks on the Dragons.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...