Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 18, 2008, 08:42:48 AM
And the fuzz are here, albeit momentarily distracted. I'd say we all should notice Keats making tracks for the alleyway, and do the Bug-Out Boogie after her.

That's basically the conclusion I came to, although it feels a bit of a cop-out :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

lucas marcone

Dani isn't going anywhere without help.

e_voyager

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2008, 09:07:12 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 18, 2008, 08:42:48 AM
And the fuzz are here, albeit momentarily distracted. I'd say we all should notice Keats making tracks for the alleyway, and do the Bug-Out Boogie after her.

That's basically the conclusion I came to, although it feels a bit of a cop-out :P

agreed but look at it this way our hero's are making a dignified retreat  in the face of justice and lets leave  it at that. as for me i plan to dig the bear out once i finish  mending my body a little i can't go around looking dead can i ?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

lucas marcone

well goths sure go the extra mile to do so.... :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2008, 09:07:12 AM

It -is- a bit of a cop-out, but... on the other hand, we -are- a bit outgunned, here. I dunno about Johan, but Witt is gonna be just a bit scared of that gun.

Awed, scared, and cautious. And just a little bit envious. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

my post should be ups soon but first i have to correct these more then 100 spelling errors that fire fox has found.

okay i've just post. i tried to keep i realistic not instant recovery but not WW1 lack of skill either.  when we get to a place to rest well have a chance to do more then first aid but he should survive. Epyons healing classes were very thorough  on all know kinds of mythos, creatures and beings were quire a few live stock as well.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Sunblink

For the record, E, I really appreciate you healing Dani. :) That makes our impromptu departure much easier since he needed assistance.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2008, 04:45:19 AM
Not to put a damper on it, but I'm kind of lost.  There's a bit too much happening here in the Keaton-Cog posts for me to form a coherent mental image, and indeed I have no idea where Cross is or whether the building he was on or around still exists.  (Or even the street)

To be blunt, some of the descriptions are kind of vague.  From Cog's post I'm assuming that Keaton has actually moved away and isn't just hallucinating, but we have no idea who or what Wilson's weapon is being aimed at.  Has he just destroyed the street and killed three quarters of the players?

So, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to react to this.  It will take quite a while to digest properly, yet alone come up with a response.  Looking at other people's posts, I don't think I'm alone as everyone who has posted so far seems to have simply ignored most of what's happened  :B

I do admit that my last post was somewhat vague since I got into a sort of ambiguous writing-groove during the flashback, which I apologize for. If necessary, I'll make a note here:

After Keaton had gotten to her feet, she had ran into the alley. She overheard the Harpist's song from the alleyway and that was what triggered her angsty flashback to being in the Sabanethei dungeons. The Owl (whose design and description was very much based off of a certain DC comic villain - Mr. Nobody) is indeed a hallucination, but she believes it to be quite real, and it surprisingly behaves as such, since whenever she grabs it, it deflates in her hands, or does some other deceptive trick which reinforces Keaton's belief that it is "real," no matter how improbable these tricks are. Only Keaton can see the Owl. Keaton has now run outside the alleyway and is trying to get her allies' attentions - she's going to sprint for the alleyway and the easiest escape route in my next post.

In Cog's post, it was generally a reaction from all the thugs who tried to attack us - the mage is on the ground and his ears are bleeding, the Harpist has gone flying, et cetera, et cetera. I believe this has been caused by the intensity of the explosion produced by Wilson's railgun. Cog is free to correct me if I am wrong. Meanwhile, Wilson is totally going to get his ass fired by the end of the day.

As for everyone else, I suggest we amscray. :U

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Yeah, it was pretty clear the owl was a hallucination, but what wasn't clear was whether her chasing it was too.  Like I was saying, for all we know she could just be lying on the floor and frothing at the mouth  :3

Tezkat

Hmm... I picked out a slightly different scene for the memory trigger--or at least a vague hint of one. Only two of the personalities would really have negative memories of Myktlan anyway, and this way I got to introduce another of the players inside Tez's poor, shattered psyche. >:]

Quote from: Stygian on January 17, 2008, 07:33:13 PM
Huh. I really hope that doesn't implicitly mean that you actively strive toward making it so that Tez never looks bad or seems in the wrong. Because if you ask me that misses the point of realism, no matter how romantic it may be.

Well... what I meant was that winning can be cool and all, but even getting one's ass kicked is no reason to forsake style and panache. My character is an illusionist and a shapeshifter. I'm not talking about his abilities per se--plenty of others here can do that--but rather his fundamental nature. His entire existence revolves around trying to manipulate the perceptions of others. Appearance is everything to him. It's all he has...

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 18, 2008, 11:48:58 AM
In Cog's post, it was generally a reaction from all the thugs who tried to attack us - the mage is on the ground and his ears are bleeding, the Harpist has gone flying, et cetera, et cetera. I believe this has been caused by the intensity of the explosion produced by Wilson's railgun. Cog is free to correct me if I am wrong. Meanwhile, Wilson is totally going to get his ass fired by the end of the day.

Perhaps Wilson can fire his own ass without assistance. The recoil from a blast powerful enough to completely vaporize a Being could theoretically send a portable weapon into orbit. :dface (Unless that thing fired magical or exploding projectiles--which is reasonable given the size and scope of the blast--but the notion of accidentally shooting oneself into space is too funny to ignore. :3)

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

e_voyager

funny the way i was look at it was that it uses explosive bolts at least 4 inches around. the electromagnetic acceleration would kill a lot of the kick back but not all and since it's electric in a manner it would take charge time. the bolt cone be explosive as well. after all it was describe as an  electromagnetic rail gun.
personally I'd prefer a caster gun that shot programmable matter shells with the caster being infused with magic.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on January 18, 2008, 01:58:10 PM
Perhaps Wilson can fire his own ass without assistance. The recoil from a blast powerful enough to completely vaporize a Being could theoretically send a portable weapon into orbit. :dface (Unless that thing fired magical or exploding projectiles--which is reasonable given the size and scope of the blast--but the notion of accidentally shooting oneself into space is too funny to ignore. :3)

Why d'you think the thing stabilised itself by holding on to the ground. And the walls. And the other walls. And the buildings...

I don't think it's exploding or magical. Just very very fast.

Also I don't think the Being is totally vaporised. Just in very very small pieces, spread over a quite large area. ;-]

Quote from: e_voyager on January 18, 2008, 02:19:22 PM
funny the way i was look at it was that it uses explosive bolts at least 4 inches around. the electromagnetic acceleration would kill a lot of the kick back but not all and since it's electric in a manner it would take charge time. the bolt cone be explosive as well. after all it was describe as an  electromagnetic rail gun.
personally I'd prefer a caster gun that shot programmable matter shells with the caster being infused with magic.

It's a 0.60 caliber. ie, it's six tenths of an inch in diameter. Cog said that. And the electromagnetic acceleration -increases- the kickback - with gas operated automatic weaponry, the kickback is vented and used to cycle the mechanism, which cuts back on how much kickback the user experiences, or so I understand. With EM, all the forward impetus is matched by an equal and opposite backward impetus. Hence the dots of light latching themselves to the scenery...

God knows if Wilson is conscious at present, though. ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 18, 2008, 02:26:55 PM
My vote is for discorporated.

e_voyager

i second that vote. and thanks for the refresher. :tmyk

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2008, 02:31:15 PM
My vote is for discorporated.

By firing the weapon? That's not a very good design.

By his boss, any minute now, yes, I'll go for that. ;-]

e_voyager

maybe he just wasn't strong enough you should see what the Armageddon buster does the the blue bomber in plagues misadventures. it's backlash was too much for the blue dweeb. and suddenly i worry that i take web comics and video games to seriously.

Tezkat

Why d'you think the thing stabilised itself by holding on to the ground. And the walls. And the other walls. And the buildings...

Also I don't think the Being is totally vaporised. Just in very very small pieces, spread over a quite large area. ;-]

Supposedly, Wilson was in the middle of the street with little to brace himself. Counting the gun, he probably masses at most a few times what the weasel does, so pretty much any damage he just inflicted on the mook would have been replicated on his arms/shoulders.

Let's say that a 0.60 railgun projectile is made of a dense metal and weighs around a kilogram. To completely vaporize a Being-sized target as described in Cog's post (i.e. insta-cook him to several thousand degrees K, assuming perfect energy transfer) with a purely kinetic round, we'd need a muzzle velocity on the order of Mach 100. That's like setting off a nearly a ton of TNT in your hands. :animesweat Modern antitank railguns only pack about 1% of that energy (about Mach 10). Realistically, I'd think that Beings would be much too squishy to absorb the damage across that much of their bodies, however. I'd rather expect such a fast projectile to punch nice crispy holes in them instead (and in everything else quite a ways down the trajectory >:]). Maybe send a few limbs flying in the shockwave...

Oh wait... how about magical recoil suppression? Imagine the possibilities...

(Also: Yay for failing to suspend disbelief through random geekery! I'll stop now... :mowtongue)

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tezkat on January 18, 2008, 03:25:01 PM

Supposedly, Wilson was in the middle of the street with little to brace himself.

Ah, but you're forgetting the dots of orange. They're magical anchors built into the weapon to account for the recoil - no user could reasonably hold onto the weapon themselves and fire it. Thus, the orbs connected to the gun spread that recoil out among the various buildings and scenery.
  It's not recommended to fire the weapon until it has a sufficient number of anchor points. :3

Edit: Also, E has it backwards. Kind of.

The insect battle would be in the street between the orange and the blue buildings, with the harpist and the mooks on the lower side of the street, and the rest of the party on the upper part.
My apologies for any confusion the less-than-exact descriptions and cartography might have caused.  :animesweat

e_voyager

if you wish i can remake the map according to your descriptions.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: e_voyager on January 18, 2008, 04:36:04 PM
if you wish i can remake the map according to your descriptions.

You're more than welcome, although you don't have to if you don't wish to.

Paladin Sheppard

:< I'm damn well stuck here... I've got a complete blank whenever I try to type something  :cry

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on January 20, 2008, 05:06:21 AM
:< I'm damn well stuck here... I've got a complete blank whenever I try to type something  :cry
I don't think you ever did pass judgement on whether Cross is a nutter or not, but assuming he knows your name (I'll have to check), he's likely to want to return for you if you don't arrive.  After all, he wants as many Creatures in the party as possible.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm not sure if that excludes the rabid hedgehog or not. ;-]

Not that I'm going to be worried either way. He's tough enough and old enough to stand up for himself. *grin*

Cogidubnus

Damien:

I think I've made it somewhat clear that now is an excellent time to get out of dodge, and that indeed, you cannot beat Linos. I would humbly suggest editing your post, as otherwise you will be arrested, and you will have to figure out some way to get back to the party.
While I can understand acting in-character, unless that song made Sheebus stupid as well as angry, he should realize that trying to take on a SWAT team in full-riot gear and the Harpist at the same time is far beyond his abilities, and that getting the hell out of there would be the smart thing to do.

Lushin

Eh let him die, or get arrested. I'll figure something out if I have to.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

techmaster-glitch

Wow. Actually giving licence for your character to be killed off while your still playing him. That's rare.

Still, it does serve to impress upon the rest of the characters just how serious things are.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Daimien on January 20, 2008, 11:05:00 PM
Eh let him die, or get arrested. I'll figure something out if I have to.

...I'm not sure if that's a resignation from the RP or not. If he dies, I don't have any plan to resurrect him.

I'm going to strongly advise you to edit your post, Damien. You do have to figure something out, already. I'm not trying to be either pissy or threatening, here, and I do realize that the last few posts have been somewhat confusing. This does not mean that there are not consequences to any IC action, however. I'd rather not see Sheebus die, but if that's the way you want it...

Minor Edit: I forgot to address Stygian's character being all sneaky-like behind us.

Lushin

OK, I'd rather not see him die but if he gets arrest or dies then it happens. I'll either walk away or see if I can make another character. Also if you think about it. With Sheabus being dealt with by the SWAT, the others have a better chance to get away without that many cops chasing them. If he doesn't make it to the boat then he doesn't make it. If SWAT or the Harpist kill him then he dies and the others forget they knew him.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Daimien on January 21, 2008, 02:44:03 PM
If he doesn't make it to the boat then he doesn't make it. If SWAT or the Harpist kill him then he dies and the others forget they knew him.
With a SWAT team on the docks, I think a boat is out of the question now...

llearch n'n'daCorna

that and the sinking ship in the harbour...

Sunblink

Daimien, I really hate to be a bitch here, but you're being unnecessarily troublesome here. Cog has asked you nicely, repeatedly, to edit your post to something which will prevent any further trouble. If I were you, I would be diving for that with open arms. You also seem to be under the impression that you can simply create replacement characters every time you get your character in a corner rather than negotiate reasonably. When you blatantly do not listen to the GMs and you act so recklessly with a character, we're obviously not going to let you do that.

So yes. If Sheabus is killed, you're not going to be allowed to create a new character.

Oh, and Tapewolf? You're facing the wrong way to look at Sal. :>

~Keaton the Black Jackal