Problem in page layout.

Started by AndersW, November 04, 2007, 10:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

In comic #6 and #11 the "Search for strips" is appearing on top of the comic.

stiletto

Yea, I'd noticed that too... wonder why I never said anything. It's probably because those are the extra wide pages.

Jigsaw Forte

Noted and being worked on, though I don't know how long it'll take.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You guys are just -so- picky. ;-]

We have two possible fixes delivered to Jig. When she gets time to test them, one or the other will be applied...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

It's just a matter of where the search feature (which I didn't know was being implemented) was put into the HTML, and how the rest of the site flows around it. Because the extra long comics still fall within a container div that is defined at a thinner width. the picture shows up, but the search box thinks it can go where it does, around the container div.

Easiest thing is just to put the search box somewhere else altogether.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 06, 2007, 09:56:29 AM
It's just a matter of where the search feature (which I didn't know was being implemented) was put into the HTML, and how the rest of the site flows around it. Because the extra long comics still fall within a container div that is defined at a thinner width. the picture shows up, but the search box thinks it can go where it does, around the container div.

Easiest thing is just to put the search box somewhere else altogether.

It was implemented later on when I realized how useful OhNoRobot could be, mostly in transcription purposes.

I believe moving it was llearch's first idea, and I've only tried the second idea so far.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. The first idea was to disable it if the comic was wide. The second was to z-index it under the others. ;-]

The latter appears to not work in Firefox. :-/ It woulda been so easy.

D's suggestion: We -could- shift it down to under the comic itself, on the right of the bottom nav segment...

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 06, 2007, 10:42:59 AMD's suggestion: We -could- shift it down to under the comic itself, on the right of the bottom nav segment...

I would still prefer a solution that just dealt with those two, since I don't foresee the need to 'double-wide' again anytime soon.

Will try the archive.php fix when I get to my PC again.

Darkmoon

z-indexing would be fine, but you have to position all the elements on the page that will be interacting if you want to do that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... which suggests that I need to apply z-index to the image, not the div it's in.

Oh, well. I've done a code fix, which should sort it out brute-force fashion.

Jigsaw Forte

Okay, just tried the archive.php fix as well. Unless my machine is caching for some reason, this isn't working either.

Darkmoon

llearch: you can apply it to the div it's in. However, it's not gonna do a darn bit of good if you don't define the z-index on anything it's interacting with, Firefox can be quite literal in that respect.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on November 08, 2007, 05:05:58 PM
Okay, just tried the archive.php fix as well. Unless my machine is caching for some reason, this isn't working either.

Okay, Llearch's tweaked fix did it! :)