[Art] Amber Williams: 100 Theme Challenge (11/17/2007 - Test)

Started by Amber Williams, October 13, 2007, 02:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

These have been floating around for a while so I decided to give it a shot. Primarily as an excuse to try to get back into MabsLand artstings.  Now if only I could get the energy to freaking update the page.

In the meantime, I figured I would post them in here as I go.  If other people want to copy/paste and form a similar list challenge in the thread, by all means. As for me, I'm trying to do one randomly at least once a week. Preferrably Saturday night.

Har we go :U

1. Introduction (finished)    
2. Love
3. Light
4. Dark
5. Seeking Solace
6. Break Away
7. Heaven
8. Innocence
9. Drive
10. Breathe Again
11. Memory
12. Insanity
13. Misfortune
14. Smile
15. Silence
16. Questioning
17. Blood
18. Rainbow  (finished)
19. Gray
20. Fortitude
21. Vacation
22. Mother Nature
23. Cat
24. No Time
25. Trouble Lurking (Working On)
26. Tears
27. Foreign
28. Sorrow
29. Happiness
30. Under the Rain
31. Flowers
32. Night
33. Expectations
34. Stars
35. Hold My Hand
36. Precious Treasure
37. Eyes
38. Abandoned
39. Dreams
40. Rated
41. Teamwork
42. Standing Still (finished)        
43. Dying
44. Two Roads
45. Illusion
46. Family
47. Creation
48. Childhood
49. Stripes
50. Breaking the Rules
51. Sport
52. Deep in Thought
53. Keeping a Secret
54. Tower
55. Waiting
56. Danger Ahead
57. Sacrifice
58. Kick in the Head
59. No Way Out  (finished)
60. Rejection
61. Fairy Tale
62. Magic
63. Do Not Disturb
64. Multitasking
65. Horror
66. Traps
67. Playing the Melody
68. Hero
69. Annoyance
70. 67%
71. Obsession
72. Mischief Managed
73. I Can't
74. Are You Challenging Me? (finished)     
75. Mirror
76. Broken Pieces
77. Test   (finished)
78. Drink
79. Starvation
80. Words
81. Pen and Paper
82. Can You Hear Me?
83. Heal (finished)
84. Out Cold
85. Spiral
86. Seeing Red
87. Food
88. Pain
89. Through the Fire
90. Triangle
91. Drowning
92. All That I Have
93. Give Up
94. Last Hope
95. Advertisement
96. In the Storm
97. Safety First
98. Puzzle
99. Solitude
100. Relaxation

techmaster-glitch

Whoa... I like that 'Are you challenging me?" pic. I would love to know the story behind it...

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 13, 2007, 02:31:50 PM
Whoa... I like that 'Are you challenging me?" pic. I would love to know the story behind it...

Yes, it's very striking.
However there's something a bit peculiar about the tail on the fox type, not just that it seems to have been mostly docked or amputated.

[Struggles to find the right balance between critiquing the picture and peeing Amber off]

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

You know... I think I really should try doing that list myself. I keep doing the same thing over and over...

It's great to see your Mab's Land characters again! And I too love the 'Are you challenging me?' in particular.

techmaster-glitch

Ah! I forgot to ask the obvious question! What race is that spider-woman?

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tezkat

Looks like Amber can draw beefy boys after all. :mowcookie The big guy looks like he's "introducing" himself in order to steal Mikelo's lunch money. >:]

Who's the character? I can't figure out what those things on his back are supposed to be, though. They don't really look like wings--more like a cape or something--but they appear to be growing directly out of his shoulder blades.

"Standing Still" contains all sorts of win. :3

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 13, 2007, 02:57:32 PM
Yes, it's very striking.
However there's something a bit peculiar about the tail on the fox type, not just that it seems to have been mostly docked or amputated.

Maybe you're supposed to ignore the tail and focus on the cute butt instead? :animesweat
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

The look on Mikelo's face amuses me far more than it really should.

And, as Tez says, "Standing Still" contains all sorts of win. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 13, 2007, 07:40:59 PM
The look on Mikelo's face amuses me far more than it really should.

Mikelo is always great for expressions. :U

Quote from: Tezkat on October 13, 2007, 06:31:39 PM

Looks like Amber can draw beefy boys after all. :mowcookie The big guy looks like he's "introducing" himself in order to steal Mikelo's lunch money. >:]

Who's the character? I can't figure out what those things on his back are supposed to be, though. They don't really look like wings--more like a cape or something--but they appear to be growing directly out of his shoulder blades.

Ironically enough, the main reason I never drew Zeon (the big guy) before was because my ability to draw beefier guys was very lacking. Still is. But I'm getting better at least.  As for Zeon and his "cape" thing...it tends to look more impressive when he's underwater and using them.  On land they tend to just drape and look cloaklike.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 13, 2007, 03:09:27 PM

Those would be the Arachnicadians. Lame name in hindsight...but what can one expect when you create them early-high school.  The one in that particular picture is called Rez for short.  Though I goofed on the perspective...she doesn't look nearly as big as she should.

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 13, 2007, 02:57:32 PM

Well the situation in which she lost it was a bit peculiar...so I'm game for suggestions.  Truth be told, I am still trying to get the hang of drawing May (yeah. I have two characters named May. :B ) so odds are things might tweak before its finalized.

Anywho. Heal is up, and the next runner up is 59: No Way out.  Now to try to dodge EMO-TOOOOWN. :U

Faerie Alex

Perhaps she lost it in battle? When cursed with magic? That's slowly making her into a human?

In "heal" is the blue...thing being held by Demo? I think so, I'm just not 100% sure.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

King Of Hearts

One... Hundred...

*starts to foam at the mouth*

My lord that is quite an undertaking.

Love the Challenge one if for the stoic feel of the participants.

Amber Williams

Heh heh.  Honestly if it wasn't for the fact I have 2 other friends who have gone in this with me and that we are trying to keep it a weekly challenge...I might have puttered off soon.  We are sort of keeping eachother in it by peer pressure though...so it helps.

As for the blue critter in Heal, that would be Neeko.  Demo's pet/familiar.  Demo is holding him...but he's not the most handle-friendly critter.

Nikki

Can anyone say 'ERK!'?

that is awesome <333

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

techmaster-glitch

Silverfoxr

i wanted to do this ages ago but never got around to it now i have a reason to do it :)
love the 'heel' one

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 13, 2007, 10:17:14 PM
Well the situation in which she lost it was a bit peculiar...so I'm game for suggestions.  Truth be told, I am still trying to get the hang of drawing May (yeah. I have two characters named May. :B ) so odds are things might tweak before its finalized.

I think the jarring thing about that picture is that the tail seems to be poking out of her back at 90 degrees instead of extruding from the end of the spine.  'Standing Still' seems to do it right (being one of the few published works that is sufficiently naked to tell) and I'm pretty sure it's right in DMFA itself, which makes things kind of confusing.

QuoteAnywho. Heal is up, and the next runner up is 59: No Way out.  Now to try to dodge EMO-TOOOOWN. :U
Very nice.  Are you sure it's not 35: Hold My Hand, though?  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

I think Mikelo's left eye look weird in the first one. but they are nice.

What is the Creature sitting on the throne in  "Are you chalenging me?" is it a Spider/plant/reptile?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

techmaster-glitch

You really need to read the whole thread, Gabriel.

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 13, 2007, 10:17:14 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 13, 2007, 03:09:27 PM

Those would be the Arachnicadians. Lame name in hindsight...but what can one expect when you create them early-high school.  The one in that particular picture is called Rez for short.  Though I goofed on the perspective...she doesn't look nearly as big as she should.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Personally, I assumed Zeon was a mantaray. And do I dedect Mikelo blushing?
Standing is hilarious, :U "OH no! Caught in the act!"
I agree, Challenge is cool. The human was shocking at first. But still very cool, I love that throne as well, and her expression. Is she the Queen, or some sort of villian perhaps?
ooh... that expression on Heal is just so... toony. Looks fun, poor Vetrinarian-Mikelo.

KarlOmega1

I like the "Heal" pic...poor Mikelo...

However I just love the "Standing still" pic...and that Imp character (I forgot her name).
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

techmaster-glitch

Oh, one thing I forgot to say abou the "are you challenging me?" pic that I liked about it--just the fact that the girl on the right has a robotic arm. Cyborgs FTW!

Amber Williams

That took longer than I wanted, but No Way out is now done.  It's probably what I get for having to draw two separate images and then combine them.  And bowarhasf...hate covering up half a picture with other things.

Ah well.

Up next: Rainbow. :U

Zedd

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Indeed. I sort-of half expected Jyrras or Seth, but here we are...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kenji

Silverfoxr

aww i can relate this this so well - out of place

Sid

Anthicus! Yay!
And the rest of his family looks quite interesting, too! :)

Of course, he doesn't exactly look overjoyed about this whole thing :/
:boogie

Amber Williams

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 23, 2007, 10:40:38 AM
Indeed. I sort-of half expected Jyrras or Seth, but here we are...

I've been trying to stick primarily to the Mabs Land crew because since I draw DMFA most of the week, it has been eating away at other projects and its been a while since I touched upon most of the gang in Mabs Land. 

Quote from: Sid on October 23, 2007, 01:48:22 PM
Anthicus! Yay!
And the rest of his family looks quite interesting, too! :)

Of course, he doesn't exactly look overjoyed about this whole thing :/

Anthicus' family is quite the interesting crew. (though this particular picture is lacking his father and another of his sisters.)  Unfortunately the entire species have very similar attributes and colours so its aggravating to draw multiples of them. (broooooown. :U )

As for Anthicus himself, it could be said his relationship with them is strained, though admittedly it's more one-sided than not.