[Art] Goatmon: Goatmon Drew Something. o_O (11/21/07)

Started by Goatmon, September 22, 2007, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goatmon

I got it in my head a few months ago that I needed to take up art, so I went and got myself a bitching art kit and a nice sketchpad.  It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I really put the stuff to any use, though.  As it is, I really have no real practice with drawing things out of my head, and it's insanely frustrating to pull off (Not just in making it turn out how I want, but just not losing my patience with it and giving up)

However, I've found that taking an already-existing image and drawing that is quite a bit of fun, so I've been doing some of that, and I've had some good results so far.  Let me see.... I don't have much yet, but here's a couple pieces I've done recently. 

FYI, the quality isn't great, as I'm using a digital camera instead of a scanner. :x

New!
My friend, Morti, drawn as a Dooplighost. (From Paper Mario)
Llink

Picture 2 of 9.
Link

Picture 1 of 9 Team Fortress 2 themed drawings.
Link

Something I made for my friend, Kannakin, when I found out she had Strep-Throat.
Link

Here's Shirou and Saber, from Fate Stay Night.
Link

Here's probably my best piece so far; Haru, from "The Cat Returns" going down a tunnel. :3
Link

Fuyudenki

Have you considered counterfeiting or professional animation?  If those are your beginner-level work, then you're definitely better at copying someone else's work than I'll ever be.

Zedd

Nikki

*bows down to* i worship they better-then-mine art skillz.

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Goatmon

Quote from: Raist on September 22, 2007, 01:31:58 PM
Have you considered counterfeiting or professional animation?  If those are your beginner-level work, then you're definitely better at copying someone else's work than I'll ever be.

Yeah, I guess I probably should have started doing art a lot earlier, considering how some of my work has  turned out.  I have a couple other images, but it's just some Jack fanart, and I Figure that's better off staying on the Jack forum.  I'll be sure to upload any DMFA-related stuff though I haven't gotten around to doing anything like that yet. >_<

I guess I just let myself be lazy, and chose to not bother with art instead of pushing myself.  I've heard other artist talk about how they hate their work, but I honestly would get so stressed with getting a picture to look right, that it just became too much frustration and not worth the effort.  I'm past that point, however, and so I'm gonna see how far I can take my art, as it's been a lot of fun, albeit a lot of work, as well.  >_>

Fuyudenki

ah, yep, been there.  It was in either Techmaster's or Sienna's thread, I think, where I said I've got a sketchbook, the contents of which will never again see the light of day, if I've got anything to do with it.

I should probably just burn it and be done with it.

Arcalane

Quote from: Raist on September 23, 2007, 01:03:28 AM
ah, yep, been there.  It was in either Techmaster's or Sienna's thread, I think, where I said I've got a sketchbook, the contents of which will never again see the light of day, if I've got anything to do with it.

I should probably just burn it and be done with it.

Save it for a rainy day.

So you can use it as an impromptu umbrella. :U

Goatmon

Here's something I made for my friend, Kannakin, when I found out she had Strep-Throat.
Link

I didn't make up the entire picture.  The general design of the muzzle and the eyes was taken from here.  It's also where I got the claws.  I used a pic that Kannakin herself drew to give me an idea on how the ears and her hair should look.   

llearch n'n'daCorna

Awww.

She looks miserable.

I hope she's feeling better by now, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Goatmon

This is the first picture out of 9 that I'm doing as a project.  I'm drawing a few folks from another forum based on the 9 classes for Team Fortress 2.  The following is DevilDuk (dweller of the Jack Forum) depicted as an Engineer. 

Link

Zedd

Thats cool...Enginers are fun guys to use now

Say..Have you ever tryed anything battle themed in drawnings? And not paper football Goatmon...

techmaster-glitch

Zedd

How should I clear this up for ya big guy...Sword battle?

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Goatmon

It's not a robot, it's just an autogun sentry, from Team Fortress 2.  The picture is just a forumite from the Jack  forum, drawn as the engineer class.

I guess this might help clear things up a little....

Zedd

Goatmon

Quote from: Zedd on October 20, 2007, 01:45:12 PM
Didnt answer my question as well goaty

If I ever decide on the right picture idea for that sort of thing, I just might. 

Zedd

Quote from: Goatmon on October 20, 2007, 08:52:40 PM
Quote from: Zedd on October 20, 2007, 01:45:12 PM
Didnt answer my question as well goaty

If I ever decide on the right picture idea for that sort of thing, I just might. 
Ever want to spar with moi?

Goatmon

I'm more likely to draw a sword battle based on something I'm already familiar with, like Hellsing or some other media format, as opposed to just randomly drawing one of my characters duking it out with one I'm not familiar with. 
That, and my creative process is extremely difficult to control.  I get in the mood to draw when...I get in the mood to draw, and I draw...whatever it is I happen to feel like drawing at that time. 

We'll see what happens. 

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Goatmon on October 20, 2007, 01:20:19 PM
It's not a robot, it's just an autogun sentry, from Team Fortress 2.  The picture is just a forumite from the Jack  forum, drawn as the engineer class.

I guess this might help clear things up a little....
Just cuz I forgot to say it earlier, that is so badass. Engineers are freaking awsome, ftw.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think the most disappointing thing about engineers is that you don't appear, from the movies I've watched, to be able to put up more than one turret each.

Sadly disappointing. ;-]

I just have this mental image of an engineer in a corner somewhere setting up four or so turrets, and waiting for someone to walk into them. ;-] I know it's not part of the gameplay - balance and all that - but it's a lovely image. ;-]

Goatmon

It's a tad disappointing, sure, but one gun is plenty of trouble.  For that very reason the gun generally requires a little time to get fro mbeing first built, to getting upgraded to level 2 and then 3.  Believe me; if an engineer could have 2-3 guns up by himself, they'd be completely invincible. 

An engineer crouched behind a level 3 turret in a good location, with his ammo/health/metal dispenser next to him is a minor base of operations in of himself that allows the engineer to keep the gun repaired and keeps the engineer healthy without ever having to move.  One gun is enough. :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

I guess from watching the videos it's a little difficult to see the difference between "trouble" and "no longer trouble, but still falling down" ...

That might be the screen size, or it might just be the fact that I haven't played the game; and probably won't, due at least partially to a lack of hardware to play it on.

Goatmon

Goatmon

I spent about 2 hours working on this (This, and most of my work, would be finished much faster if my attention span was a bit better, but we can't have everything.)

Llink