Mauti's Heart Ring

Started by Kuari, October 06, 2007, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuari

Ever watched Captain Planet?

Ever thought how Mauti's heart ring was pathetic?

Maybe not as much as you think.

Me?  I would have used the thing to gather an army of squirrels to attack the villians :D

Anyone else have any interesting uses for the ring without changing its powers? :p

Amber Williams

Mai Ti's heart ring wasn't really pathetic so much that using it would be the ultimate trump card as it would in a way remove a person's freewill.  Which was why Mai Ti probably had it because anyone less responsible would probably just go "*BAM* Now you won't pollute!  *BAM* Now you will do as I say for this!  *BAM* Now the world is a better place because people lost the ability to choose for themselves and now just follow what I believe is the right way!"

It sort of leaves a bad impression to the viewing audience...so it isn't surprising the ring was moderately Nerfed in show.

thegayhare

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 06, 2007, 05:03:45 PM
Mai Ti's heart ring wasn't really pathetic so much that using it would be the ultimate trump card as it would in a way remove a person's freewill.  Which was why Mai Ti probably had it because anyone less responsible would probably just go "*BAM* Now you won't pollute!  *BAM* Now you will do as I say for this!  *BAM* Now the world is a better place because people lost the ability to choose for themselves and now just follow what I believe is the right way!"

It sort of leaves a bad impression to the viewing audience...so it isn't surprising the ring was moderately Nerfed in show.

True, but sheesh still so many better uses I can think of without taking free will, lol

Zedd

Quote from: Kuari on October 06, 2007, 05:13:05 PM

True, but sheesh still so many better uses I can think of without taking free will, lol
Im surpized he didnt use it to get laid..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zedd on October 06, 2007, 06:41:48 PM
Im surpized he didnt use it to get laid..

How do you know he didn't? And then, y'know, used it to get the camera crew to not film, and let him get away with it... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Janus Whitefurr

This makes me reminsce about the episodes where the evil opposite of Gaia (some alien guy whose name started with Z) came down to Earth and gave all the Planeteers these nifty metal gloves that were like super-charged versions of their powers and only Ma-Ti didn't take one.

I remember it only because of the "OF CONQUEST!" added to the end of the typical elemental cry, and the fact Kwame used it to make an island and then Wheeler used his to blow the island to pieces.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Alondro

They had the 5 Rings of Power...

But they were all of them deceived, for another ring was made!

The Sex Ring!

One Ring to screw them all...

:U

PS:  I hated that show so much.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Heart was the best ring evah.
I'd totally have gone all "Come my animal minions, stampede this way and that! Oh, and bring me a soda, Suchi."

Alondro

Quote from: Kenji on October 06, 2007, 09:50:14 PM
I'd totally have gone all "Come my animal minions, stampede this way and that! Oh, and bring me a soda, Suchi."

More like, "Come my animal minions!  We need to get to the furry convention!"

D:

*Michael Jackson*  Will there be any monkies?   *Thriller music plays*

:boggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Kenji

Quote from: Alondro on October 06, 2007, 11:08:35 PM

D:

No.
Planeteers bathe.
Its a rule.

Turnsky

admit it, you want one of your own for your plans of world domination.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

lucas marcone

captain plant is THE hero!

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on October 06, 2007, 11:09:37 PM
Quote from: Alondro on October 06, 2007, 11:08:35 PM

D:

No.
Planeteers bathe.
Its a rule.
Oh in the river?

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Kuari

Quote from: Turnsky on October 07, 2007, 02:45:28 AM

We all know Amber wants to rule the world...  but she'll never succeed BECAUSE we all know :p... no element of surprise.  Darkmoon has even less of a chance

RJ

Quote from: Kuari on October 06, 2007, 03:49:55 PM
Me?  I would have used the thing to gather an army of squirrels to attack the villians :D

I'll never join your army of evil! Never!!

(Though if you have pistachios... then I'll consider it)

Fuyudenki

Quote from: LionHeart on October 07, 2007, 05:12:38 AM
It seems appropriate to post this link here:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhatKindOfLamePowerIsHeartAnyway

Well, there went 8 hours of good homework time.  Guess I'll have to take a nap tomorrow.

Toric

Quote from: Raist on October 08, 2007, 02:28:32 AM
Well, there went 8 hours of good homework time.  Guess I'll have to take a nap tomorrow.
Good luck. TV Tropes and Idioms will suck your life away if you let it. The site even has a warning: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife
Yap by Silver.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Toric on October 08, 2007, 08:58:01 PM
Quote from: Raist on October 08, 2007, 02:28:32 AM
Good luck. TV Tropes and Idioms will suck your life away if you let it. The site even has a warning: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife

If I don't bookmark it now and walk away immediately, I'll never get any sleep tonight.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Alondro

Charles will sleep no matter what.

He's on Benadryl for his anaphylactic reaction to mold spores.   :<

Azlan

Quote from: Turnsky on October 07, 2007, 02:45:28 AM

The ring of Heart is pretty good once you get all the gay out of it... I wasn't able to rule the world with it though. just managed to get an endless supply of pixie stix.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Feroluce

Heart did get nerfed, and as a result was kinda gay. In fact, I dont think I ever really saw Mauti use the damn thing. I never really watched Captain P tho, I never got home in time to watch it >.< or they put it on too late in the morning. something like that.