08/04/07 Abel's Story [94] Might be a problem

Started by AndersW, August 04, 2007, 12:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

computer nerd

Quote from: candide on August 04, 2007, 12:21:18 PM
As I've said about prior episodes in Abel's Story, Aniz appears to be, well, toying with everyone here.  And, despite what everyone else has said about Aniz tossing around his "wife," I believe Aniz has been showing great restraint. 

Yes, hurling May across the room is still, "restraint," to Aniz.  With Hennya's attack, however, I believe Aniz will stop pulling his punches. 

We're about to see what a 'cubi can really do when the gloves come off.

(As for the "she," I suspect either Destianna, or some other older 'cubi female working at SAIA.  But not Fa'lina.  She doesn't seem the type to hurt her own students.)
Maybe he wasn't supose to hurt abel

Turnsky

Quote from: computer nerd on August 04, 2007, 01:48:35 PM
As I've said about prior episodes in Abel's Story, Aniz appears to be, well, toying with everyone here.  And, despite what everyone else has said about Aniz tossing around his "wife," I believe Aniz has been showing great restraint. 

Yes, hurling May across the room is still, "restraint," to Aniz.  With Hennya's attack, however, I believe Aniz will stop pulling his punches. 

We're about to see what a 'cubi can really do when the gloves come off.

(As for the "she," I suspect either Destianna, or some other older 'cubi female working at SAIA.  But not Fa'lina.  She doesn't seem the type to hurt her own students.)
Maybe he wasn't supose to hurt abel

well, define "hurt", first. 'cuz that isn't really "hurting" as far as i can see. nothing a little antiseptic and a wet cloth won't fix.. he might not be supposed to injure abel seriously. You really gotta feel for abel, though, his entire world is disintergrating before his very eyes.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Castle Pokemetroid

I wonder if abel even felt anythin from that slash?

Naldru

Kaskar already beat me to "Fangs for the memory"

So I'll just say

McGruff says take a bite out of evil

Hennaya is getting hungry because she hasn't had any cookies yet, and just wants a quick bite
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Goatmon

Madmann135

I think someone learned anger management from Pip or the other way around.  That's almost exactly how Pip would have handled it, though with the size difference, maw difference I think she will induce more damage per attack(s).  With Hennya's hand angle and position she can easily slit Aniz's throat.

All I can say is this, "Revenge is a dish best served... with teeth!" - Pip

and this

"It's always the nice girls you should be worried about."

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zedd

Naldru

Actually, I just noticed somthing.  When Aniz says "especially if 'she' is involved", he seems to be looking back into the room.  The only people there would be May and Hennaya, so I think the word "she" may refer to one of them.  I have thoughts, but you'd probably say I'm crazy.  (Of course, on this forum, you say I'm crazy anyway.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

bilbo-sama

Alondro

Quote from: Turnsky on August 04, 2007, 02:55:15 AM
Quote from: The Lurking Dragon on August 04, 2007, 02:33:50 AM
*stirs the pot* Maybe "she" is Kria?

*adds salt*

Or even Destania?

*drops in some toadstools*  Or Charline!

*Charline blinks*  No, I'm over here.  *noms on forumites*  Hungry!

*erm*  Oh... Well, in any case Henya's going to learn about tentawings very soon, I suspect.  Too bad she won't live to apply that lesson.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

GabrielsThoughts

Kitty with tentacle wrapy things vs. python girl with tentacle wrapy things...possibly venom... well there is clearly no contest here.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on August 04, 2007, 07:08:00 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 04, 2007, 02:55:15 AM
Quote from: The Lurking Dragon on August 04, 2007, 02:33:50 AM
*stirs the pot* Maybe "she" is Kria?

*adds salt*

Or even Destania?

*drops in some toadstools*  Or Charline!

*Charline blinks*  No, I'm over here.  *noms on forumites*  Hungry!

*erm*  Oh... Well, in any case Henya's going to learn about tentawings very soon, I suspect.  Too bad she won't live to apply that lesson.   >:3
Will you stop knawing on my head? I told you I wasnt gonna write smut!! And basicly I do think she might not be poisonus at all..

Manawolf

Get off your high horse, wannabe.

With that set of fangs Aniz may be losing an entire shoulder either way.

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Manawolf on August 04, 2007, 08:00:21 PM
Get off your high horse, wannabe.

With that set of fangs Aniz may be losing an entire shoulder either way.

Or maybe a neck too...

Manawolf

The snake hair can handle that, or at least tear off a pair of small wings.

ChaoSynergy

Catffeinated

... I just thought (Uh-Oh!) ... Shouldn't Aniz have known Hennya was behind him? (Whole "Mind Reading" thingy-ma-bobby)

kaskar

8) Is Hennya giving Aniz a love bite ? Oo is it still a case of she's just still pissed about his speech ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

superluser

There's an old rule that goes something like the following:

I will not tell my Legions of Terror "And he must be taken alive!" The command will be "And try to take him alive if it is reasonably practical."

Unfortunately, the entire point of this is that Aniz must keep Abel alive.  There are paths that Aniz could have taken already, but he hasn't, probably because they would endanger his son.  Attacking Hennya may be one of them.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Manawolf

Quote from: Catffeinated on August 04, 2007, 11:10:42 PM
... I just thought (Uh-Oh!) ... Shouldn't Aniz have known Hennya was behind him? (Whole "Mind Reading" thingy-ma-bobby)

Telepathy and clairvoyance are two different psychic abilities, boy.

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Manawolf on August 05, 2007, 02:30:31 AM

I don't see the diference myself...

Madd the Sane

I do wonder who the "she" he's refering to is.  It will be important.

I'm thinking Fa'lina's out (she seems involved, and he is wondering if 'she' would be involved), as well as Aaryanna (a bit too young to be involed in anything)...

Looking back, he seems to be retracting his previous statement that having a hemophobic son would help him.  He may have known that he was about to lose a lot of blood, or someone was about to use the aversion to blood to her advantage, and Aniz's disadvantage.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

kaskar

:mowmeep In this case, is Hennya being just another over-protective female ?

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on August 05, 2007, 03:20:36 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on August 05, 2007, 02:30:31 AM

I don't see the diference myself...

One's the ability to read minds, the other's the ability to perceive (generally in an abstract manner) the future.

Arguably, telepathy would let Aniz be aware of those around him, which means he 'should' have known Hennya was there. Either he could sense her presence and didn't care, or the basic level of mindreading doesn't allow for that sort of perception.

He IS full of himself as well, we must remember.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

superluser

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 05, 2007, 03:49:59 AMOne's the ability to read minds, the other's the ability to perceive (generally in an abstract manner) the future.

Well, telepathy is the ability to communicate with thoughts, which can be more than just mind reading.  It can, for example, include the ability to communicate secretly through thoughts over arbitrary distances, while mind readers might only be able to broadcast those thoughts to everyone close enough and sensitive enough to pick them up.

But yes, clairvoyance is not the same.  A fortune teller might be able to predict that you're going to win the lottery tomorrow, but couldn't tell you which card you're thinking of.

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 05, 2007, 03:49:59 AMArguably, telepathy would let Aniz be aware of those around him, which means he 'should' have known Hennya was there. Either he could sense her presence and didn't care, or the basic level of mindreading doesn't allow for that sort of perception.

It seems that he should have been able to read her mind (assuming it's not shielded) as she decided to attack him.  Remember that Twilight Zone episode where Bill Mumy turned that guy into a Jack-in-the-Box?

Edit: This leads to the question--what if he's pretending to be momentarily distracted so that he can execute a more effective counterattack?  The scream, however, seemed to be real and not the sort of thing you'd do if you were planning to counter.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Roughly anyone knew Aniz well enough..He wouldnt care how much blood he spills even if it has to be his in large many doses..And I belive that what dear Janus was trying to say mainly...Aniz is a d*$% and does what he wants...

kaskar

:mowhappy Oh dear, do we have another guest for Hennya's wedding, or what ? And how well will Abel be able to help Hennya's wedding ?

computer nerd

Hey can't cubi go in people dreams ? maybe it a dream to freak abel out and make him go quietly without a sound    :U

kaskar

:mowignore  Always remember, Abel is awake and also is a Cubi. Also, I do not think he would daydream under these conditions ...

Quote from: computer nerd on August 05, 2007, 06:03:10 AM
Hey can't cubi go in people dreams ? maybe it a dream to freak abel out and make him go quietly without a sound    :U

:mowninja Hennya and May are both pissed at Aniz. Seems he has to buy some time till some assistance comes, or work something out ...