08/04/07 Abel's Story [94] Might be a problem

Started by AndersW, August 04, 2007, 12:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

candide

Quote from: superluser on August 05, 2007, 01:26:08 AM
Quote from: candide on August 04, 2007, 12:21:18 PM
As I've said about prior episodes in Abel's Story, Aniz appears to be, well, toying with everyone here.  And, despite what everyone else has said about Aniz tossing around his "wife," I believe Aniz has been showing great restraint. 

Yes, hurling May across the room is still, "restraint," to Aniz.  With Hennya's attack, however, I believe Aniz will stop pulling his punches.

There's an old rule that goes something like the following:

I will not tell my Legions of Terror "And he must be taken alive!" The command will be "And try to take him alive if it is reasonably practical."

Unfortunately, the entire point of this is that Aniz must keep Abel alive.  There are paths that Aniz could have taken already, but he hasn't, probably because they would endanger his son.  Attacking Hennya may be one of them.

Well, yes, that is certainly one of the reasons Aniz has been maintaining complete control of the situation, including his use of violence.

But I wasn't speculating on Aniz' motives for pulling his punches.  I merely was observing that he was, IMNSHO.

(Aside:  And, obviously, Aniz has no intent of harming his son, just keeping him at bay.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on August 05, 2007, 04:08:03 AM
But yes, clairvoyance is not the same.  A fortune teller might be able to predict that you're going to win the lottery tomorrow, but couldn't tell you which card you're thinking of.

Just to complicate matters - the fortune teller -will- be able to tell you what card you're -going- to tell them that you're thinking of.

That may not be the one that you -are- thinking of, if you're sneaky. And, while the outcome is the same, the paths to reach there are very different.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Just dropping by to bring up somthin', I remember someone in one of the older threads mentioning that Aniz showed his headwings, but not his backwings. someone else speculated that this could be because he likes the shirt he's wearing, and I'm inclined to agree with that. Now that Hennya has ruined said shirt, I predict that we will see Aniz in his full Cubi form in the next comic...

But back on topic, Aniz should have been able to sense Hennya's mind sneaking up on him, unless she has some sort of mental shielding. Simce she is another Creature, and a Mythos at that, she probably did. That may be why she surprised Aniz.
Unless Janus is right, and Aniz was just to full of himself to see it. That works too :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 05, 2007, 02:42:49 PM
Just dropping by to bring up somthin', I remember someone in one of the older threads mentioning that Aniz showed his headwings, but not his backwings. someone else speculated that this could be because he likes the shirt he's wearing, and I'm inclined to agree with that. Now that Hennya has ruined said shirt, I predict that we will see Aniz in his full Cubi form in the next comic...
Quite.  The obvious tactic would be to skewer her, and she's in just the right place for that.
That said, if 'she' is Kria, I doubt she'll be pleased that he's just murdered one of her charges.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Candide said

As for the "she," I suspect either Destianna, or some other older 'cubi female working at SAIA.  But not Fa'lina.  She doesn't seem the type to hurt her own students.

Fa'lina on resolving problems

Fa'lina dealing with violations of the rules

Fa'lina has an interesting approach to resolving disputes

Fa'lina and positive reinforcement

I don't think that Fa'lina would do permanent damage to a student.  But when you have experts in healing spells (and possibly resurrection spells as well), that leaves a lot of room.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AndersW

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 05, 2007, 02:42:49 PM

Amber herself has said that Aniz loves that shirt

techmaster-glitch

Perfect. That means that Aniz is definatley going to go totally Cubi ballistic with his wing-tentacles in the next strip...

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 05, 2007, 02:57:19 PM
The obvious tactic would be to skewer her, and she's in just the right place for that.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 05, 2007, 10:53:51 PM
Perfect. That means that Aniz is definatley going to go totally Cubi ballistic with his wing-tentacles in the next strip...

I think that Aniz will try emotion jamming Hennya first.

Angel

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 05, 2007, 10:53:51 PM

>:O

I swear, Amber, if you kill Hennya next strip, I'll go Vlad the Impaler on you!

(...No I won't. I just had to say it.)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

kaskar

:mowsmile Is Fa'lina sitting back in the shadows, and inwardly laughing as Henya attacks Aniz ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Aleolus

Oh come on, you all have no faith in Hennya!  Heck, for all we know, she could have been an adventurer who's fought and defeated Cubi like this before!  Or, she could be a cubi in disguise, which would explain her tentacle head thinggy shapeshifting like that.  Either way, I suspect Hennya will come out of this alive.  Bloody and beaten, probably.  But alive.

kaskar

:mowmeep But will Aniz survive Hennya ?

Tapewolf

Quote from: kaskar on August 06, 2007, 04:02:22 AM
But will Aniz [come out of this alive]?
I would say yes, since from his mention of Fa'Lina and the fact that he is attempting to remove Abel from his wife's care, he would seem to be taking Abel to the Academy, which we know happened.

Personally I subscribe to the theory that Edward kills him a few centuries later...

Aleolus

...And refresh my memory as to who Edward is?  I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Tapewolf

kaskar

8) This may be getting a bit too 'plot conveinient' ...

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 06, 2007, 04:07:58 AM
Quote from: kaskar on August 06, 2007, 04:02:22 AM
But will Aniz [come out of this alive]?
I would say yes, since from his mention of Fa'Lina and the fact that he is attempting to remove Abel from his wife's care, he would seem to be taking Abel to the Academy, which we know happened.

Personally I subscribe to the theory that Edward kills him a few centuries later...

It seems that the battle over custody with Abel is being fought out now ...

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 06, 2007, 04:20:13 AM
Quote from: Aleolus on August 06, 2007, 04:11:43 AM
...And refresh my memory as to who Edward is?  I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_297.php

See also:

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_527.php

DarkAudit

Quote from: kaskar on August 05, 2007, 06:37:17 AM
    :mowignore  Always remember, Abel is awake and also is a Cubi. Also, I do not think he would daydream under these conditions ...

At this point he's just found out he's... something. He doesn't know what he is yet. So whatever cubi skills he has in the main comic has yet to show in this story.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Madd the Sane

I feel neglected  :mowsad  Nobody even seemed to notice my post, nor even comment on it :cry

Quote from: Madd the Sane on August 05, 2007, 03:32:03 AM
Looking back, he seems to be retracting his previous statement that having a hemophobic son would help him.  He may have known that he was about to lose a lot of blood, or someone was about to use the aversion to blood to her advantage, and Aniz's disadvantage.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Aleolus

Quote from: Madd the Sane on August 06, 2007, 10:47:10 AM
I feel neglected  :mowsad  Nobody even seemed to notice my post, nor even comment on it :cry

Quote from: Madd the Sane on August 05, 2007, 03:32:03 AM
Looking back, he seems to be retracting his previous statement that having a hemophobic son would help him.  He may have known that he was about to lose a lot of blood, or someone was about to use the aversion to blood to her advantage, and Aniz's disadvantage.

Interesting idea, you think then that the "she" Aniz is refering to is Hennya, then?

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Aleolus on August 06, 2007, 11:32:44 AM
Interesting idea, you think then that the "she" Aniz is refering to is Hennya, then?

well that was my first guess.

You're on a message board.  99% of your posts are unimportant, going to be ignored, or both.  Don't take it personally, it happens to everybody.

Instead, focus on ways to abuse your newfound power, like making stupid comments that nobody is ever going to read!  That's what I do.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raist on August 06, 2007, 01:58:39 PM

You're on a message board.  99% of your posts are unimportant, going to be ignored, or both.  Don't take it personally, it happens to everybody.

Alternatively, the people who -would- respond either felt that the moment had passed, what with everyone else posting lots, or have yet to read your post.

Quote from: Raist on August 06, 2007, 01:58:39 PM
Instead, focus on ways to abuse your newfound power, like making stupid comments that nobody is ever going to read!  That's what I do.

That' a really good idea to -not- do. Seriously.

Take this as a subtle hint. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 06, 2007, 02:05:16 PM
That' a really good idea to -not- do. Seriously.

Take this as a subtle hint. ;-]

I'd ask how many stupid comments you've caught, but I realize that 99% of what I say is stupid humor of one kind or the other.

(rats, I deleted that "deebs wuvs" picture off my server!)

Madmann135

Why are you guys forgetting the OBVIOUS?

Hennya's mind could have been open to Aniz's mind reading but if she did not speak in her thoughts but only pictured what she had planned then Aniz's mind reading would have been moot. 
Remember in the Cubi 101.  Their mind reading is more like listening to the radio.  Be the transmitter your brain and the songs what your saying/thinking in your head.  Also cubi generally suffer from ADD.

Mind Reader blocking is kinda like where you think of a brick wall to mask your true thoughts from mind readers.

You don't have to speak in your mind in order to come up with a plan, in fact a picture is worth 1000 words...

This advice was brought to you by Madmann135, remember it next time you come face to face with a cubi.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 06, 2007, 08:34:26 PM
Why are you guys forgetting the OBVIOUS?

Hennya's mind could have been open to Aniz's mind reading but if she did not speak in her thoughts but only pictured what she had planned then Aniz's mind reading would have been moot. 
Remember in the Cubi 101.  Their mind reading is more like listening to the radio.  Be the transmitter your brain and the songs what your saying/thinking in your head.  Also cubi generally suffer from ADD.

In that vein, one would also need to be tuned to the right mind/station. If his attentions are focused elsewhere, that vital information is missed 'cause he's not tuned in.

Castle Pokemetroid

What happens when he can't find the correct station?

kaskar

8) Then he's not really tuned in to the situation ?

DarkAudit

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on August 07, 2007, 12:48:33 AM
What happens when he can't find the correct station?

He gets an unexpected set of teeth in the neck.

TheDXM

Chomp attack for the win.

I've never really seem Amber draw much brutality before. It's quite delightful.

kaskar

8) Is it now good to be a real pain in the neck ?

Teroniss

Hmm, Hennya's mythos race looks decidedly Gorgon like if I'm not mistaken. And if that's true, there maybe the possibly of stone based poison involved.