[07/30/2007] Here we go again.

Started by Netrogo, July 30, 2007, 08:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netrogo

I know there's no point in making a thread about this update but, enh I've seen threads started for less. Besides an awesome sketch of Regina and the official return date announcement, should merit it's own thread.

So there... :paranoid
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Alondro

*Charles pokes Regina*  Boo-behs...

*CHOMP!!*

*Charles blinks*  Oh my, I seem to not have a hand anymore.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

*plays the welcome back kotter theme song*

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

EvilIguana966

Caswin

...can totally see her laughing evilly...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

techmaster-glitch

That Regina sketch is full of awsome and sexy :dribble

And welcome back, Amber. I greatly look forward to Friday.

Mashi

Too bad I won't be seeing any major updates until the 24th (of August) when I return.
Of course, that means I'll be reading a buttload of comics when I return.

Also, is it wrong that I want to colour that Regina sketch?

Zedd

Well cancel your nightjob kittys..Its time for DMFA action later ons

Turnsky

it's howdy-doody time, kiddies, the mad mab is here.   >:3

TheDXM

That's a crushingly cute interlude.

I hope Amber had a nice and refreshing trip.

Ralanost

Bloody hell, the internets ate my first post. :<

I don't know why Amber thinks there will be a problem at the border crossing.  Is there usually one?  I haven't left the country, so I wouldn't know.

Also, does this mean we will be seeing Regina some more soon?  I hope so! :eager

nikename2

Heh, the only problem I could think of would be a huge line at the border. Last time I went to Canada it took a good hour and a half or so just to get through the gate because of all the people. Getting back into the U.S. a week later wasn't nearly as bad, took only 20 minutes or so.

Judging from the sketch it seems a certain someone still has some skeletons in his closet.  >:3

Stig Hemmer

I hereby declare this to be the "wishing Amber luck" thread!

Good Luck, Amber!  In border crossing and everything else. :mowsmile
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on July 30, 2007, 04:54:48 PM

Really? I though this was the "drool over the Sexy Regina pic" thread... :shifty

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Mashi on July 30, 2007, 11:30:44 AM
Too bad I won't be seeing any major updates until the 24th (of August) when I return.
Of course, that means I'll be reading a buttload of comics when I return.
Always a good thing!  Except for the downer when you go to click the "next" button, and find it's not there.

Also, is it wrong that I want to colour that Regina sketch?
isn't that what it's there for?

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 30, 2007, 05:00:55 PM
Quote from: Stig Hemmer on July 30, 2007, 04:54:48 PM

Really? I though this was the "drool over the Sexy Regina pic" thread... :shifty
I'd object, except it wouldn't mean anything.  That, and it's obvious enough that Regina is a character Amber really likes and wants to introduce us all to that I'm starting to get anxious to see what her part in all of this is supposed to be.  She's been in fewer comics than Destania, but unlike Destania, Regina already has her own cast page.  That's got to mean something.

Gornemant

superluser

Quote from: Xeksue on July 30, 2007, 04:44:56 PMHeh, the only problem I could think of would be a huge line at the border.

From what I understand, the lines are pretty bad.  As of a few months ago, the US and Canada began requiring passports for those who cross the border.  Up until that point, I think you just needed a driver's license.  So there are people who haven't heard and are still showing up with no passport expecting to be able to cross.  To further complicate matters, you may be able to cross if you have a receipt from the State Department saying that your passport is on the way, but I'm not sure if that's true.

So the lines are looooong.

(Interesting side note: when I got my passport photo, I wore the highest contrast shirt I could think of--white.  But since the background is white, my head appears to be floating.)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kenji

Quote from: Gornemant on July 30, 2007, 06:08:42 PM
.... boooobs!  :eager

No, those are just sacks of flabby skin leftover from when she lost 300 lbs on this new diet.

Naldru

What I've heard in the past is questions about whether fan paraphanalia should be charged duties at the border, especially if you have multiple copies of something.  I don't know if this is still the case.  However, if it is, it might be a good idea for somebody to post information on what documentation you need to get things across the border without them appearing to be for resale as oposed to personal use.  Does anybody out there have information on duties for things (art work, magazines, books, etc.) going between Canada and the United States.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Wanderer

Darkmoon

Damaris says:  The passports are only in effect for those who are flying and traveling by boat.  Cars don't have to have passports until 2008 at the earliest, although I have heard 2009 recently bandied about.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Saist

... you know... I'm beginning to think that the majority of Darkmoon's posts are not actually made by Darkmoon, but by Amber and Damaris taking over Darkmoon's computer...

Brunhidden

Snarfer, snarf snarf. snaaaaaarf snarf!

QuoteI did it all for the pokeballs
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Turnsky

Quote from: je.saist on July 30, 2007, 11:56:27 PM
... you know... I'm beginning to think that the majority of Darkmoon's posts are not actually made by Darkmoon, but by Amber and Damaris taking over Darkmoon's computer...

that would suggest Darkmoon is nothing but a figment of Amber and Darmis' imagination, or a puppet.. produced by supermarionation, perhaps?  :P

computer nerd

Prof B Hunnydew

GOOD LUCK to Amber....We have missed you terribly

And  Regina's  story will be starting soon enough....you Boobie-loving perverts,  Wait I am one of those too.  But Abel has been bleeding for a month...  I need my Abel fix too.

Good Journey, Amber and Godspeed
:mowcookie PBH

Alondro

Quote from: Turnsky on July 31, 2007, 04:02:47 AM
Quote from: je.saist on July 30, 2007, 11:56:27 PM

that would suggest Darkmoon is nothing but a figment of Amber and Darmis' imagination, or a puppet.. produced by supermarionation, perhaps?  :P

Dmoon used to be a real person, but now he was made into a puppet via Sasori's methods, which Amber perfected and is now using to transform her fans one by one into an army of lifeless drones to aid her in her quest to rule the world!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Amber's hand up his tutu?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 31, 2007, 09:19:56 AM

... Amber's hand up his tutu?

you've never seen "thunderbirds" back in the day, have you?  :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, I've seen it, I know what supermarionation is.

I just think Amber is more likely to prefer a... hands-on approach, let's say. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears