I'm Feeling Productive (Dear God!) AKA Villains, Vandles & those we love to Hate

Started by Chaos, July 28, 2007, 03:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

As the title suggests, I'm feeling productive, and I've added another project to my long list o' stuff. What I need from you guys is the following.

Who are you favorite villains from any form of media? No matter the source, no matter the reasons, who is your favorite bad guy?

techmaster-glitch

Shouldn't this be in the Villa or the Outer Fortress, or if this is something having to do with some form of artistic expression, like music or writing, the Tower of Art?

Fuyudenki

Sephiroth.

Dilandau, Folken, Knives, The Laughing Man.

Stonehenge, the Homonculi from FMA, the Covenant, Orochi, the Collossai.

Hyo Imuwara, Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Busuzima the Chameleon.

Aniz.

The Protectorate of Menoth, the Cryx, and the nation of Khador.

The Necron and the Tyrranid.

The Zerg.

The Galactic Guard, and the Galactic Empire.

The Chosen, especially Celesteo Morgan, The Infernomancer, the Pipingradians.

Space pirates, Gannondorf Dragmire, SA-X and the rest of the X parasite, the Metroids.

Let's see if I can think of more later.
note: these villains come from a vast variety of universes.  Context available on request.

superluser

Favorite bad guy?

I just watched Zodiac last night.  He's sort of real, but the Zodiac made stuff up, so he's kind of fictional.  That guy was scary.

As to completely fictional, how about Iago?  Cold, calculating, doing it for no apparent reason...  The sniper from Three Days of the Condor is interesting, too.  He's simply a mercenary with no particular allegiance, but who has total loyalty to his profession.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

bill

Fuyudenki

Venom and Carnage, Agent Smith, the Flood, the Combine, Headcrabs and Zombies.

Xion the Unborn, Phyrexians, Mishra.

Dare you to ask me for my favorite heroes.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 28, 2007, 04:47:57 PM
You forgot one, Raist.

Drip.

'Nuff said.
I don't read that comic, I'm exempt from answering Drip.

techmaster-glitch

Half the stuff you mentioned I've never even heard of, but you don't know about Drip?!?!? :erk

Manawolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 28, 2007, 04:47:57 PM
You forgot one, Raist.

Drip.

'Nuff said.

Got to it before me.  Envy should be up their as well, though.  Both are from Jack.

I'd also like to put up Graz'zt, Orcus, Mephistopheles, and Asmodeus from D&D.

Let's try noting what games and such these villains are from, to cut down on confusion.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 28, 2007, 05:05:49 PM
Half the stuff you mentioned I've never even heard of, but you don't know about Drip?!?!? :erk

I know about Drip, but since I don't read the comic, he doesn't exactly come to the forefront of my mind when listing villains.  Also, given a lack of context for most of my villains, their identity is often ambiguous at best, unless you've actually obsessed over the universes they're from, like I have.  I can picture their faces in my head, though, if I want.  Unless, like the Warmachine factions listed, they don't exactly have faces.  These are largely villains from games, who I have personally fought against(and occasionally, played as) as a PC.

Noble Jagara, Ryu.(I know Ryu is technically a hero, but my experience has been that he's a fireball-spamming jerk.)

Yellow 13 and his wingmates.

Manawolf:

Sephiroth.
Final Fantasy 7
Dilandau, Folken, Knives, The Laughing Man.
Escaflowne, Escaflowne, Trigun, Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
Stonehenge, the Homonculi from FMA, the Covenant, Orochi, the Collossai.
Ace Combat 4, Fullmetal Alchemist, Halo, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus
Hyo Imuwara, Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Busuzima the Chameleon.
Rival Schools, Sonic the Hedgehog, Bloody Roar
Aniz.
Dan and Mab's Furrae Adventures(we all know this one, only provided for completeness)
The Protectorate of Menoth, the Cryx, and the nation of Khador.
Warmachine, Warmachine, and Warmachine
The Necron and the Tyrranid.
Warhammer 40K, and the same.
The Zerg.
Starcraft
The Galactic Guard, and the Galactic Empire.
Star Wars, both.
The Chosen, especially Celesteo Morgan, The Infernomancer, the Pipingradians.
Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, same, same, Sequential Art
Space pirates, Gannondorf Dragmire, SA-X and the rest of the X parasite, the Metroids.
Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Metroid
Noble Jagara, Ryu.
Wolf's Rain, Street Fighter
Yellow 13 and his wingmates.
Ace Combat 4
Venom and Carnage, Agent Smith, the Flood, the Combine, Headcrabs and Zombies.
Spiderman and Spiderman, The Matrix, Halo, Half-Life 2, Half-life 2, and Half-Life 2
Xion the Unborn, Phyrexians, Mishra.
Bloody Roar, Magic: The Gathering, Magic: The Gathering

happy?

Zina

Someone doesn't know about a character from a furry online comic? UNHEARD OF.

That being said, I loved Kakihara(But I don't know if he was really a villian), Xanatos, Sadako, Samara, Jareth and Pyramid Head.

Manawolf

You list the Empire from Star Wars but not the Sith (or at leas the dark jedi who call themselves the Sith)?  Play some KOTOR to see these evil bastards in action.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Zina on July 28, 2007, 05:36:17 PM
Someone doesn't know about a furry comic online? UNHEARD OF.

Once again, I know about it.  I've even read the first 10 pages.  It just didn't hold any interest for me after that, and I don't feel like going back and reading several years' worth of archives for several hundred comic pages, just to remember after page 10 why I still don't read it.  Jagara eats wolf meat and drinks wolf blood just to be mean to the wolves, that's about as evil a character as I'm interested in meeting.

QuoteInsert Quote
You list the Empire from Star Wars but not the Sith (or at leas the dark jedi who call themselves the Sith)?  Play some KOTOR to see these evil bastards in action.

working on it.  Actually, one of my RP characters is a Sith-era assassin droid, not entirely unlike HK-47.(based on HK, actually.)  His name is Hackbot.

Cogidubnus

The Aes Sedai.

Not just the bad ones. All of them. Except Egwene al'Vere.

Zina

Quote from: Raist on July 28, 2007, 05:41:11 PM
Quote from: Zina on July 28, 2007, 05:36:17 PM
Someone doesn't know about a furry comic online? UNHEARD OF.

Once again, I know about it.  I've even read the first 10 pages.  It just didn't hold any interest for me after that, and I don't feel like going back and reading several years' worth of archives for several hundred comic pages, just to remember after page 10 why I still don't read it.  Jagara eats wolf meat and drinks wolf blood just to be mean to the wolves, that's about as evil a character as I'm interested in meeting.

Sarcasm, bro. Sarcasm.

bill

Chaos

Excellant. This gives me pleanty to work on... Keep it up.

And sorry for placing the thread in the wrong form, Didn't think of it when I was at work.   :rolleyes

*Looks up*

RATCHET!!!!

bill

Ratched tbh

also

imo

Kenji

Kuja from FF9. Because he destroyed an entire planet just because he got mad.

Lucifer from Star Ocean 3. Because he kills himself in the process of trying to stop a video game.

Ghaleon from Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar: Eternal Blue. Because he only wanted to conquer the world to bring order and peace to it, and on his giant mobile tower of death he had a peaceful happy garden full of fairies that he visits and takes care of every day.

TheGreyRonin

Interesting idea.

Mornedealth Falconbane (The Mage Winds Trilogy/Mercedes Lackey).

John Dread (the Otherland series/Tad Williams).

Diogenes Pendergast (Dance Of Death/Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child).

The Moties (The Mote In God's Eye/ Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle).

And depending on your definition of villain: Joachim Steuben (Hammer's Slammers series/ David Drake).

The Moties are a thinking man's nightmare, and Joachim is the only fictional character I think I'd back down from in a fight under any circumstances. Especially with firearms.

KarlOmega1

Rico (Judge Dredd)

Megatron (Transformers)

Starscream (Transformers)

Sideways (Transformers)

Galvatron (Transformers)

Andross (StarFox)

Borg Queen (Star Trek)

Darth Vader (Star Wars)

Diablo (Diablo series, by Blizzard/Blizzard North)

Baal (Diablo series, by Blizzard/Blizzard North)

See a pattern here?

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Raist on July 28, 2007, 05:12:37 PM
QuoteAniz.
Dan and Mab's Furrae Adventures(we all know this one, only provided for completeness)
Come to think of it... Aniz-zinA (would there be any relation?)

But I like kria better anyway
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zina

Quote from: Jack McSlay on July 28, 2007, 06:59:46 PM
Quote from: Raist on July 28, 2007, 05:12:37 PM
QuoteAniz.
Come to think of it... Aniz-zinA (would there be any relation?)

But I like kria better anyway

He's my evil twin.

Sunblink

I used to really like Drip, but after a certain incident which caused him to be pretty much lynched in almost everyone's minds, I sort of abandoned any "Okay, this is a really awesome villain" for "MUST... KILL!"-ness.

Plus, I find Sephiroth somewhat overrated. You are all free to kill me.

Off the top of my head, here are my favorite villains:

• Scar, from the Lion King
  • Captain Kuro, from One Piece
  • Barbossa, from Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Aniz, from DMFA's Abel Story (although I still want to see him dead for some reason)

And most of all...

Tira from Soul Calibur III and IV. Someone needs to make a shrine to her. No, fuck that, I'll BUILD IT.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Zedd

Arcalane

Kane. "ONE MISSION! ONE PURPOSE!"

CABAL. "...as always, the human element is riddled with imperfection."

SHODAN. "H-h-how can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"

'nuff said.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 28, 2007, 08:29:11 PM
I used to really like Drip, but after a certain incident which caused him to be pretty much lynched in almost everyone's minds,

~Keaton the Black Jackal
What incident are you referring to? Drip has done innumerable things that could instigate a lynching :lynched

superluser

(Iago is from Othello, for those of you who won't get off my lawn)

Here are a few more:

- The Officer (from Kafka's In the Penal Colony)
- Mrs. Iselin (from the Manchurian Candidate.  More of a fun character than a favorite villain)
- Trevor Goodchild (from the Æon Flux series)
- Brick Top, Bullet Tooth Tony, and Boris the Blade (Snatch)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: TheGreyRonin on July 28, 2007, 06:30:03 PM
John Dread (the Otherland series/Tad Williams).

"Confident, cocky, lazy, dead." Dread's one of the few villains I really turned out hating in literature. Usually I'm pretty ambivalent about them.

Others that have already been mentioned: Kane and CABAL of the C&C series, Trevor Goodchild of Aeon Flux.

And because I only recently got it, bonus points to the comic/game entity The Darkness. "The little ones burn, Jackie... such delightful torment of the body and soul..."
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.