Re: Adopt a Yappity

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, July 09, 2006, 01:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

ardaron

Squee!  And I didn't even have to ask nicely!  Thank you, gabi.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sedimentary_Rock on March 08, 2007, 11:06:36 AM
Squee!  And I didn't even have to ask nicely!  Thank you, gabi.

.. I would have, but, being as I am at work, it's a bit tricky. I -had- planned to pick it up this evening, if nobody else did, however.... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

Perhaps something a bit more cartoony, such as the Jet Force Gemini Team:

http://www.nintendoclub.it/download/Jet_Force_Gemini.jpg

ardaron

Um, Gabi?  Where'd my yap-atar go?

xHaZxMaTx

That's what happens when you hotlink.  Hotlinking is bad, m'kay? :<

Kenji

Quote from: Sedimentary_Rock on March 12, 2007, 09:32:49 PM

Imageshack tends to be temporary. If ya saved it, load it up onto a photobucket or repost it on imageshack

ardaron

Quote from: Haz on March 12, 2007, 10:13:43 PM
That's what happens when you hotlink.  Hotlinking is bad, m'kay? :<

Is that directed at me, or at Gabi?  If it's me, then please inform me what 'hotlinking' means and I'll never do it again.

Quote from: Kenji on March 12, 2007, 10:15:45 PM
Quote from: Sedimentary_Rock on March 12, 2007, 09:32:49 PM

Imageshack tends to be temporary. If ya saved it, load it up onto a photobucket or repost it on imageshack

Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to save it.

Aridas

Kenji

superluser

Quote from: Sedimentary_Rock on March 12, 2007, 11:02:32 PM
Quote from: Haz on March 12, 2007, 10:13:43 PMThat's what happens when you hotlink.  Hotlinking is bad, m'kay? :<
Is that directed at me, or at Gabi?  If it's me, then please inform me what 'hotlinking' means and I'll never do it again.

Your avatar seems to be working, so I'm unsure of whether you have gotten it figured it out, or if it were never a problem to begin with.

Hotlinking means linking to an image or other embedded object on someone else's site.  They have to pay for bandwidth.  If you link to an image, you should always have that image hosted on your own site, where you can control bandwidth, make sure that no one switches the image on you, &c.

I'm not sure if it's a faux pas to hotlink from imageshack or photobucket on a medium-traffic site, since those sites are essentially unlimited bandwidth anyway.  It's surely bad form to do so at Fark, for example.

But if it's something like your avatar, you should probably re-host it, anyway, since it gives you greater control over it and you have a backup in case anything happens.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tezkat

Ack! I have resisted as long as I could, but the power of cute compels me! :kittydevious

Could I please have one of Jyrras in his ebil genius outfit (either Janus Bond villain or the one Abel made for him--your choice)?

Thanks!  :mowcookie
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Mashi

*delayed reaction*

Thankoo so much, Silver!

superluser

I have a sneaking suspicion that someone might enjoy a yappity of the Mythos from `cubi mind abilities 4.

I don't even know if that's possible, given the very different art styles of Silverfoxr and Amber, but I'd be very curious to see your take.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aurawyn

Silverfoxr

*kicks forum - waiting to se e if foruim well post or not  :mowsad
yes it is :)

Silverfoxr

:januscat

Tiny crested flint

They're all so wonderful.  you rock.

Tezkat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

kaskar

Can one of the yappity minis ( artwork ) be used as an i.d. artwork ? I ask this as a direct question, so i don't do something without the makers permission .
8) Just Hanging Around ...

kaskar

Who do I ask nicely to Adopt a Yappity when you are not sure how ?

llearch n'n'daCorna

You use the edit button, instead of double posting.

You ask the owner of the thread if you can adopt. You'd then probably go and ask in the Computer Problems thread how to host images, in which case someone will likely point you at photobucket....

bill

That's a wee bit cynical, innit?  :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

... what, that he'd get pointed at photobucket? Yes - chances are, he'll get pointed at the thread that was conversed on day before yesterday or so about whether to use photobucket or imageshack, and the respective differences between them....

kaskar

Who do I need to beg to to just put in a yappity ? It may be simple and self eplainortory once you are told how to do it . but I want the yappety housed without putting me in the doghouse here . See my point .......

Silverfoxr

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=476.0 <--- points to the first page read the instructions - you wont get one by begging

kaskar

Seems it is a case of " Don't Beg , Do ! " , and it seems to have worked , but I usually like to be careful in doing things ...

Silverfoxr

karkar i think you have misunderstood :) you have to request what you want - not just take one - the yap you have actually belongs to someone also your hotlinking directly to my server which is a nono
all you have to do is request what you want - colors and descs just like everyone else - begging for one and just taking a yap that isnt yours wont work :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm tempted to take this one:

.. and edit out the yappity, leaving just the stuffed toy. :-]

... I'm just not quite sure what I'd do with it then. Perhaps place it somewhere unexpected. :-]