Re: Adopt a Yappity

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, July 09, 2006, 01:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowne

That was mine, Llearch, indeed.  I still remember the Master's TARDIS, which could disguise itself as just about anything that it wanted to.

Oh and ... who's going to introduce Xze to the horrors of Mr. T screencap fanworks?  Should I step bravely up to the plate?

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Rowne

May the myriad dimensions of this Universe and all of its occupants forgive me for what I am about to do ...

Mr. T versus everything.

I shall now walk away solemnly and mull my impending doom.

* Rowne does the sunset walk.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quick, hit him while his back is turned! :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zina

Hey guys, be sure to give Sil some reference pics. I know I hate digging through the internet trying to find pics of X character from X show. It'd make things much easier on an already busy Silver.

Zina

That sure is a lot. Maybe you should just ask for one or two that you really want? Otherwise it just looks like you're taking advantage of Sil's generiousity by asking for so many.

Nikki

Quote from: Zina on August 27, 2006, 10:17:00 PM
That sure is a lot. Maybe you should just ask for one or two that you really want? Otherwise it just looks like you're taking advantage of Sil's generiousity by asking for so many.
lol, half of those are for other people *only requested 3*

Zina

Yeah, but it's still a lot. =/ Silver isn't a machine, you know.

Nikki

Quote from: Zina on August 27, 2006, 10:20:20 PM
Yeah, but it's still a lot. =/ Silver isn't a machine, you know.
*guiltguilt*

ElectroMotive

hey she  always could look over some of the requests till' later

Zina

Excuse me for a second, but no. Don't give me that.
I stepped in because I know Silver has a hard time saying no, and thus over-loads herself with work. It's important to know when to stop and take a rest.
But that goes double for you guys. Remember that Silver is a real person that's doing these out of the goodness of her own heart. I see the same people coming back and continueing to request yappities like it's some sort of addiction. People should honestly only request one or two yappities and be done with it, or at least wait a while before making another request, and the only one at a time. Not entire sets all at once. That's a little bit much, even if they are only small pictures. They still take Silver time to do.
If that honestly makes you feel guilty, then fine. Think about the person on the other side of the screen next time.

Quote from: ElectroMotiveDiesels on August 27, 2006, 10:25:47 PM
hey she  always could look over some of the requests till' later

Then she'll have more to do later.
C'mon, guys. Just request one yappity at a time. It's not fair to Sil to get a buttload of requests dumped on her all at once from two or three people.

e_voyager

thanks zine.  now i have an idale whats to do.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kenji

Silver totally needs a secretary. Like Amber. They both do. They should secretate for each other. :3

ElectroMotive

ok I see where your coming from zina. I'll only get Rock Lee

e_voyager

who were the other two?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ElectroMotive

e_voyager

gaara
gaara

neji
neji

there are some net links

Rowne

Okay, this post became a mess because I was unable to find proper imagery and when I did, it linked incorrectly so it became a mad rush in order to correct the URLs, now all the information's there, I think I'll clean it up a bit.

First, the images.  I have one particularly good one of Azuma Kazuma and here's the best I could find of Matsushiro Ken (it's surprisingly hard to find good pictures of secondary characters from rare animés); #1, #2 (at the top-left).

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Matsushiro because I'm more curious to see how a yappity with an afro would work, rather than to see a more everyday baker yappity.

Finally, e, check out this very helpful page which has information on how to properly use [ url ] tags to avoid wild page-spread.

Footnote: This post has been completely rewritten for easier reading due to multiple edits thanks to awkward images.  ;p

e_voyager

i checked they are the sames i simples didn't name them, { URL } address { / URL] show up the same as is it has no URL tag.  not really a creative person right now

Rowne

You could just use the numbers 1 to 4.  That wasn't the point though, the point was that untagged, the page is now twenty billion pixels wide but nevermind ... I won't mention it again.  I just had to explain why I asked.

e_voyager

i see. i'll fix that then. i can't reame here is wo but i thin the firet to are garr and that last tow are niji

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: FireKatKid on August 27, 2006, 10:45:41 PM
Silver totally needs a secretary. Like Amber. They both do. They should secretate for each other. :3

Problem is, they both have problems saying "no, go away, I'm busy" until they're so overloaded they get into trouble.

What they need is some nasty piece of work (hi there! :-) who won't have problems with telling people "you're asking for a lot, that's billable work" and sticking to it. Even in the face of mass unhappiness.

It boils down to, they have lives too, and because they're nice people, they need someone to stop people taking advantage of them. Which is a thankless task, unfortunately. :-/

xHaZxMaTx

Heh, well, you don't have to worry about me asking too often, I feel kind of bad with the number of yaps I've requested already. :P

e_voyager

some times i just want to know if it's possibe to make a ceratain yap but i wait before i ask. i foget why i wait though

Silverfoxr

ta for the intervation Zina but i well clear up a few things here

1. i do draw fast yes, but it gets confusing if people keep requesting stuff - have actually overlooked ones in the past mainly cause i havnt had the time to do em or cause people have not given me referances
2. Please give me referances pics - i do not have a photogaphic memory :D and its so much of a pain having to go looking thru the net trying to find referance photos
3. i really need a sectary :)

i well get to the new yaps - eventally - also note i DO have a life outside of the net and i aslo have my own comics and other stuff to work on and i like to have fun on games to

also i dont get paid to do these - i do em cause i like to draw em :)

Netami

This is the part where you plug the Second Life fund, or your paypal in general.  ;)

Silverfoxr

i dont have a paypal - go pay my second life tip jar :D

llearch n'n'daCorna

There you go. Second Life tip jar plugged.

Ah.. when I get enthusiastic, I'll go for a trawl and collate the list of who's asked for what, and links to what they want, that have yet to be provided. Just so you have a single place you can find it all. :-)