[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on June 25, 2009, 05:25:14 PM
Just give me page numbers, and I'll see what I can do for you, Tape, Tis the least I can do for ya, if it'll help make things easier on you.

Okay, thanks.  I'm sorry, that probably came out rather angry, but it is frustrating.

Anna appears in:
881 ("oof!" at end)
882-884 (various fight sounds here and 885)
888 - a scream as she's attacked at least, if not the speeches
909-911, 913,914
921 (?)
923 (shout at end)
927 (urk! or something)

...and that's it.  I've already recorded the hissing sounds.  Kass is not such a problem, I can either use Aisha's take and ignore the fact that she sounds like Destania, or try and fix Lambo's version.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mystiqe

-hug- things'll work out, Tape.

I'll try to get them done for you when I get home from work.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on June 25, 2009, 05:59:30 PM
-hug- things'll work out, Tape.
Thanks.  Part of it is nerves about Anthrocon, I guess, but I did ideally want to have the first part done in time for AC.  I guess it's just a matter of doing what I can when I get back from it.

QuoteI'll try to get them done for you when I get home from work.
Thanks very much.

Alterationartist

http://rapidshare.de/files/47666059/Willyoujustorderalready.mp3.html

I recorded the offscreen voice from 932. Don't pray for genius, but do give it a listen. Yes, it's Rapidshare... Ta!
Round 9!

Mystiqe

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Mystiqe on June 28, 2009, 02:15:08 AM
Also, anna iz the lizard, right? xD;

Anna's the dog.  The salamander-like creature is Shanna.

Mystiqe

Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 28, 2009, 02:36:49 AM
Quote from: Mystiqe on June 28, 2009, 02:15:08 AM
Also, anna iz the lizard, right? xD;

Anna's the dog.  The salamander-like creature is Shanna.

Aigh, cool, juuuust making sure XD; I forget names pretty easily.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on June 28, 2009, 02:12:37 PM
Aigh, cool, juuuust making sure XD; I forget names pretty easily.

Heh.  Usually I'm a bit more careful in specifying the characters anyway, particularly with the Amazons where their names were only slowly revealed.

Tapewolf

Okay, this is the recording as it stands.  As mentioned, I can't get much further without Anna.  I believe we're accounted for on pretty much all the other voices.

http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/audio/radioproject/rodp_demo1.mp3  (15MB)

Note that there are a few missing voices etc.  The ones I know about are Deebs, the Being Alexsi tortures and a couple of transition sounds (Jyrras' fantasy and Dan's flashback).  If anybody spots more, please do let me know.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 29, 2009, 05:57:37 AM
Okay, this is the recording as it stands.  As mentioned, I can't get much further without Anna.  I believe we're accounted for on pretty much all the other voices.

http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/audio/radioproject/rodp_demo1.mp3  (15MB)

Note that there are a few missing voices etc.  The ones I know about are Deebs, the Being Alexsi tortures and a couple of transition sounds (Jyrras' fantasy and Dan's flashback).  If anybody spots more, please do let me know.

:D

Cute!  Making progress!  I particularly liked the opening, with the talk about Destania, that REALLY helped set the mood.  ;)

The only thing that jumped out as me as being in any way problematic was Wildy's voice--I don't know, but she seemed "sedated," or something.  Just...sounded a little bland for Wildy....

Otherwise, sounding good!  :D  I laughed all throughout the Jyrras scenes!  Hope we get an Anna soon!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 29, 2009, 11:32:17 AM
Cute!  Making progress!  I particularly liked the opening, with the talk about Destania, that REALLY helped set the mood.  ;)
It seemed right.  The first thing Dan does is go off to find his mother, so I wanted to give some indication as to why.  The music, incidentally, is the Coventry Carol, a 16th century piece from a pageant about the 'slaughter of the innocents', which is pretty much what Destania would have done herself if Fa'Lina hadn't stopped her.

QuoteThe only thing that jumped out as me as being in any way problematic was Wildy's voice--I don't know, but she seemed "sedated," or something.  Just...sounded a little bland for Wildy....
Well, she was younger then.  Having said that, Miaka has always played Wildy (heck, the whole radio series thing was her idea) so I'm not looking to change her actress unless I have to.

QuoteOtherwise, sounding good!  :D  I laughed all throughout the Jyrras scenes!  Hope we get an Anna soon!

Thanks.  Glad you liked it.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 29, 2009, 12:02:29 PM
It seemed right.  The first thing Dan does is go off to find his mother, so I wanted to give some indication as to why.  The music, incidentally, is the Coventry Carol, a 16th century piece from a pageant about the 'slaughter of the innocents', which is pretty much what Destania would have done herself if Fa'Lina hadn't stopped her.

That's a good piece of music.  :)  Sets the mood perfectly!

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 29, 2009, 12:02:29 PMWell, she was younger then.  Having said that, Miaka has always played Wildy (heck, the whole radio series thing was her idea) so I'm not looking to change her actress unless I have to.

No, I know, and I recognized Miaka's voice, and I certainly wasn't thinking of having a different actress.  Now that you've reminded me that Wildy was younger then, though, it kind of makes sense--after all, I remember the little Wildy in that flashback Dan was telling Abel about, and she sure didn't have that "Wildy" personality back then.  Anyway, I still thought her "No, I think your fat butt makes your butt look fat!" was funny--maybe it was even better played lower-key like that.

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 29, 2009, 12:02:29 PM
Thanks.  Glad you liked it.

:D  De nada.  Abel's voice sounds better than it did in "Get Me to the Church."  I don't know if it's the same actor, but if it is, he's definitely improved.  ;)  I did wonder about the lack of Dan's narration as it transitioned into the flashback, though....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 29, 2009, 02:38:38 PM
Abel's voice sounds better than it did in "Get Me to the Church."  I don't know if it's the same actor, but if it is, he's definitely improved.  ;)

I couldn't get the voices off Brun, unfortunately so I had to go with Jay who was understudying him.

QuoteI did wonder about the lack of Dan's narration as it transitioned into the flashback, though....

Ack, that's just the sort of thing I'm looking out for as bugs.  I'll have to overdub it when I get back from AC.  Thanks for spotting it.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 29, 2009, 04:04:04 PM
Abel's voice sounds better than it did in "Get Me to the Church."  I don't know if it's the same actor, but if it is, he's definitely improved.  ;)

I couldn't get the voices off Brun, unfortunately so I had to go with Jay who was understudying him.

QuoteI did wonder about the lack of Dan's narration as it transitioned into the flashback, though....

Ack, that's just the sort of thing I'm looking out for as bugs.  I'll have to overdub it when I get back from AC.  Thanks for spotting it.

You're welcome--I didn't say anything at first because I mistook your meaning and thought you brought it up already.

And no offense meant to Brun, as he gives a good performance sometimes, but I personally prefer this voice for Abel.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 29, 2009, 04:06:45 PM
You're welcome--I didn't say anything at first because I mistook your meaning and thought you brought it up already.

No, I have a little harp-strumming effect which we sometimes use for flashbacks, I was thinking of that.  I missed the narration completely.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 29, 2009, 04:18:55 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 29, 2009, 04:06:45 PM

No, I have a little harp-strumming effect which we sometimes use for flashbacks, I was thinking of that.  I missed the narration completely.

:giggle  Yeah, I finally figured that was what you meant, so I decided to bring up the narration.  ;)

Mystiqe

So uh, do you want me to record all of what she says, or just sounds? O.o

Because if just sounds, I have no idea what you want for... "fight sounds" or however you specified them above >.<;

might have to get someone to beat me up while I record :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mystiqe on June 30, 2009, 12:08:07 AM
might have to get someone to beat me up while I record :U

... The grin on your avatars face makes that quote quite disturbing. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on June 30, 2009, 12:08:07 AM
So uh, do you want me to record all of what she says, or just sounds? O.o

Because if just sounds, I have no idea what you want for... "fight sounds" or however you specified them above >.<;

Well, obviously we'll need all the dialogue, but if you can record some sounds as well it would be helpful.  After all, if she and Shanna fight in complete silence it would look silly in the video and make no sense at all in the radio version  :B

For the fight sounds, we'll probably be wanting a collection of grunts, "oof!" and growling sounds.

Also there are places like 888 where it's not clear which Amazon is talking.  I'm not offhand sure if the others have recorded those lines but if no-one does it will stop things in their tracks.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 30, 2009, 04:34:57 AM
Also there are places like 888 where it's not clear which Amazon is talking.  I'm not offhand sure if the others have recorded those lines but if no-one does it will stop things in their tracks.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that was Shanna, but that's purely guesswork on my part....

Kenku

Quote from: Baal Hadad on June 30, 2009, 03:18:01 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 30, 2009, 04:34:57 AM

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that was Shanna, but that's purely guesswork on my part....
Id venture the same guess being that she was acting all high and mighty before.

Alterationartist

Abel's voice sounds better than it did in "Get Me to the Church."  I don't know if it's the same actor, but if it is, he's definitely improved.  ;)  I did wonder about the lack of Dan's narration as it transitioned into the flashback, though....

I was unaware that arc was projected... Where could I find it?
Round 9!

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Alterationartist on July 04, 2009, 10:29:09 PM
Abel's voice sounds better than it did in "Get Me to the Church."  I don't know if it's the same actor, but if it is, he's definitely improved.  ;)  I did wonder about the lack of Dan's narration as it transitioned into the flashback, though....

I was unaware that arc was projected... Where could I find it?

It was never completed, but various parts of it are on Tapewolf's site at dmfa.it-he.org.

Sprocketsdance

ooooooo it's lookin' good Tapewolf! I can't find anything amis that hasn't already been said.. just wanted to throw in my feel-good two cents in.. or two shillings.. >_>  or.. what not.  :boogie

Tapewolf

I was going to look at getting back into this over the weekend but although we seem to be sorted for Shanna and Kass now, it looks like we're still stuffed for the Anna voices (Mystiqe).  I'll be able to make some of the fixes, but it looks like any real progress on this damn thing is still elusive.

Baal Hadad

Heck, I'LL do the Anna voices if it'll speed this thing along!  :P

No, I'm kidding, but I do wonder what's become of Mystiqe....  :S  Hope she's all right....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on July 29, 2009, 12:43:38 PM
No, I'm kidding, but I do wonder what's become of Mystiqe....  :S

She can't access the forum for some reason but is on DA.  I asked her about it and she requested the lines again.  We'll see what happens.  I have also approached Keaton but she declined, saying she couldn't commit to a timeframe at the moment.

I am almost tempted to ask Jay to do it again though  >:3

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2009, 12:45:21 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on July 29, 2009, 12:43:38 PM
No, I'm kidding, but I do wonder what's become of Mystiqe....  :S

She can't access the forum for some reason but is on DA.  I asked her about it and she requested the lines again.  We'll see what happens.  I have also approached Keaton but she declined, saying she couldn't commit to a timeframe at the moment.

I am almost tempted to ask Jay to do it again though  >:3

:giggle

Not that I didn't love his rendition, or wouldn't love to speed this thing along, but I doubt it would be appropriate for the finished work....   :rolleyes

I don't know why Mystiqe can't access the forum, that's weird....  :S  But if she requested the lines again, that sounds like at least something--yes, it'll take longer, but it seems to me that at least it's coming....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on July 29, 2009, 12:59:15 PM
I don't know why Mystiqe can't access the forum, that's weird....  :S  But if she requested the lines again, that sounds like at least something--yes, it'll take longer, but it seems to me that at least it's coming....
It might be blocked from where she is or something.  I didn't enquire.

Mystiqe

The internet just hated me for a little bit, that's all.

But anyway. Bought a new mic, and I like it. But I'm having A bit of trouble in audacity. I'll record the lines right away, and Send them your way, to see if you can hear the problem and fix it.

But like, to me it sounds like I'm in a big empty room >.<

Sorry for draggin' my butt on the carpet with all of this D: Here I go saying I'll be better and then all this crap happens :c I'm so sorry Tape D: