[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

http://llearch.net/radio/Chapter_20_strip_695-723_script.txt

Let me know if that's the sort of thing you expected.

(also, it's sufficiently situation dependant that I doubt I can do it automatically. Which means I can manually do past chapters, but the current one will have to wait...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 30, 2007, 05:06:49 PM
Let me know if that's the sort of thing you expected.
Yes, that's great.  You might want to change Merbel in 708.1 though, he should say 'Investigate... 'Cubi?'

Quote(also, it's sufficiently situation dependant that I doubt I can do it automatically. Which means I can manually do past chapters, but the current one will have to wait...)

No big deal... I don't think there are any other situations where this happens, apart from the Albanion/Nutmeg thing later on, and they don't have any inner voices there.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 29, 2007, 05:51:04 PM
QuoteIn other news, does Pip have any other needed lines?
Actually, the lines for 320 would be useful.  I still haven't decided whether to include it...

'k, that sounds like fun.

I just did a test recording, and wasn't sure about panel 4.  What kind of emotion did you want expressed there?(the test sounded like Pip was getting his throat grabbed.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raist on September 30, 2007, 05:16:12 PM
I just did a test recording, and wasn't sure about panel 4.  What kind of emotion did you want expressed there?(the test sounded like Pip was getting his throat grabbed.)

If I can transliterate this properly, I'm thinking something like:

1. "GNAR GNAR GNAR"
2. "nnngh?"
3. "Grrrrrrr..."
4. "Nnngh!?"
5. "Grrrrrr...."

Fuyudenki

looked to me like frame 5 was just the squeaky koala of doom.  I can record sound for that, as well, if you want.

Anyway...

Pip Vs. The Squeaky Koala of Doom!!!

I'll try to record some test lines for Biggs later, when my family's all left.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 30, 2007, 05:12:19 PM
Yes, that's great.  You might want to change Merbel in 708.1 though, he should say 'Investigate... 'Cubi?'

Nuts. I caught one of them, but not both. I also caught three "jsut"s, and fixed them.

That's fixed, now, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raist on September 30, 2007, 05:31:06 PM
Anyway...

Pip Vs. The Squeaky Koala of Doom!!!

That is absolutely spot-on.  I'll have to add you to the credits as well now, since I was using Slip's files so far.  Is it pronounced 'Rayst' or something else?

Fuyudenki

I think that's best answered with an audio clip.  Un memento...

How it's pronounced?

MAN, my voice sounds wierd!

James StarRunner

Quote from: Raist on September 30, 2007, 05:39:58 PM
MAN, my voice sounds wierd!
I think we all say that when we hear our own voices. I still think my voice is weird sounding. :3

Good job on pip!
----
Oh, and Miaka was brilliant there! Kudos to Tape for the music too!

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 01, 2007, 07:46:10 AM
Oh, and Miaka was brilliant there! Kudos to Tape for the music too!

Thanks.  It's been "almost ready" for a long time now, but tonight all I should need to do is overdub some tacky supermarket music on the shopping sequence, and add Photophie to the end of the 'Evil Bear' sequence (this may be tricky as it's up to Mystiq).  In fact I might do an initial mix anyway since I can razorblade in the full version of the Bear when I get the sample.

Fuyudenki

y'know what?  After actually thinking about it, yeah, it's pronounced "ray-st."  If you've already recorded the audio credits, don't worry about redoing them, but if I show up in future versions, say it like you see it.

Tezkat

Hmm... Radio Project updates from Tezkat... who'da thunk it? :mowcookie

Sorry, I've been a bit (okay, a lot :3) behind on my voice work here...

In the end, my old hard drive recovery was not so successful, so I re-recorded all the flashback stuff. It's already sequenced to fit into the earlier draft mix, but it's otherwise raw and in mono. There's no overlap of voices, so it should be easy enough to pull apart or just plug into the existing mix and mute bits as necessary. There's a bunch of baby Dan at the end to play with, too. I redid the two Destania hunters with a bit of random stuff in the beginning, in case you'd prefer that to the existing filler, but I honestly didn't have the heart to rebuild my zillion-track crowd scene monstrosity from scratch. Most of those ambient crowd sounds would probably have been lost in the music anyway.

As for the church arc, here's the Pegasus stuff that I owe. I also put up some random Biggs filler to tide you over until he has a permanent actor. There was originally some Destania filler to go along with it, but I think we can safely kill that with fire. >:]

I can't really remember what else I was supposed to do, though... :mowtongue

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 29, 2007, 05:51:04 PM
Firstly, here's tonight's clip from the Disasters project:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_317.wav.mp3

... I also have an uncensored version where the ambient water sounds include me shouting 'F_ck!!!' after splashing too hard and soaking my trousers.

Nice singing voice! In my head, I always heard that strip to the tune of Rubber Duckie though...
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on October 02, 2007, 07:30:00 AM
I can't really remember what else I was supposed to do, though... :mowtongue

Cool.  I'll give these a go when I get home.  As for voices, I can't check right now if I have any, but we will need Jyrras' lines for the Church arc.
Actually, a set of real Jyrras lines for this would be useful too:

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_805b.wav.mp3

QuoteNice singing voice! In my head, I always heard that strip to the tune of Rubber Duckie though...

I'll play that back later.  The very first note of Miaka's song was off-key which took a little fixing in Audacity but apart from that it's pretty cool.

**EDIT**

And now I have a complete final mix of 'Recipe for Disasters'  :mowhappy
Will digitize, edit out the gaps and convert to MP3 tomorrow.

Bear in mind this has a missing Photophie line which I'll have to add in when I get it, so if this does get released there will also have to be a rerelease later.  Probably I'll listen to it tomorrow and think it sucks though.

Mystiqe

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 01, 2007, 07:46:10 AM
I still think my voice is weird sounding. :3

Lol!

yeah, same here, i canbelieve i actually sound like a  girl xD; lol

a believed a while ago that i had a guyish voice x3;

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on October 03, 2007, 10:58:45 PM
Lol!

yeah, same here, i canbelieve i actually sound like a  girl xD; lol

a believed a while ago that i had a guyish voice x3;

Heh.  I don't know if you got my email... is there any chance of the Photophie voice for strip 319?  It'll delay the release by a day, but it will be worth it.

**EDIT**

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SZSe4aZYhkw
(No, this is not the one where I cut myself)

James StarRunner

I have it. I'll put it on my site.

*edit*

http://www.crystaltopia.com/Sound%20Files/Extras/319.wav

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 04, 2007, 04:09:18 AM
I have it. I'll put it on my site.

*edit*

http://www.crystaltopia.com/Sound%20Files/Extras/319.wav

Excellent.  That's probably going to put us back to Friday now, maybe tonight if we're lucky, but it does mean we'll go with a finished product instead of a rushed one :P

James StarRunner

*watches the youtube video in the meantime*

Whoa! I never knew you went through all that effort to take out a simple gap!

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 04, 2007, 04:34:49 AM
*watches the youtube video in the meantime*

Whoa! I never knew you went through all that effort to take out a simple gap!

Well, the one you heard was edited digitally and it took a couple of seconds for each one.  Last night I figured "what the hell, do it the proper way, it'll be cool".  And it is.  It's slower, but more satisfying.  And more dangerous - when was the last time you cut yourself on a wave editor?   >:3

Bear in mind that I'm going a bit more slowly on the video so you can see what I'm doing.

**EDIT**
I actually fluffed this one - the gap between the sections is still a lot longer than it should have been.  I decided to stop the camera and publish it anyway.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 04, 2007, 04:57:51 AM
Bear in mind that I'm going a bit more slowly on the video so you can see what I'm doing.

Now I want to see a full-speed version.  The work of a master always is truly awesome to behold.

Now that I've started doing animation, I'm considering trying to do an unofficial DMFA TV project.  Be easy enough.  Blocking's already there, and I'd just use the Radio Project for timing and audio.  Other than that, I just have to get my mimicry skill up to snuff.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raist on October 04, 2007, 11:52:10 AM
Now I want to see a full-speed version.  The work of a master always is truly awesome to behold.

I think 'apprentice' is more apt.  If you want to see masters, see if you can find 'The Alchemists Of Sound' which is an hour-long documentary about the BBC Radiophonic workshop.  (Someone seems to have put it on Youtube actually)  That has some truly amazing stuff... back in the 60s they made all the sounds and music by recording things, cutting them up into strips of tape and playing them at different speeds.  The Dr. Who theme tune is the most well-known example.
I've tried to do this myself and failed utterly :P

QuoteNow that I've started doing animation, I'm considering trying to do an unofficial DMFA TV project.  Be easy enough.  Blocking's already there, and I'd just use the Radio Project for timing and audio.  Other than that, I just have to get my mimicry skill up to snuff.

An animation?  Woah.  It might want some altering since there are often visual things which will take longer than the allotted time in the soundtrack.

Now there's a synchronized slideshow for 'Warrior For Hire' on Youtube.  I'm hoping there will be one for 'Disasters' if Catherine's up to it.

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 04, 2007, 04:04:12 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SZSe4aZYhkw
(No, this is not the one where I cut myself)

Actual razorblades, huh? That was strangely fascinating to watch. Is that really what everyone went through before they had the good sense to switch to digital? I'm somehow feeling spoiled by modern technology now... :3
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on October 04, 2007, 05:33:06 PM
Actual razorblades, huh? That was strangely fascinating to watch. Is that really what everyone went through before they had the good sense to switch to digital? I'm somehow feeling spoiled by modern technology now... :3

Yep.  And I'm still doing again tonight - have to move the new bear scene into place.

**EDIT**
Woo... the tape just ran out on Merlitz... sounded like he sneezed :P

Fragmaster01

Question: Are you still taking auditions for Abel and Biggs? If so, are there any other characters that need VA's?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on October 04, 2007, 07:13:43 PM
Question: Are you still taking auditions for Abel and Biggs? If so, are there any other characters that need VA's?
No, Brun got the Abel part.  We do need Biggs and Albanion.  And probably a few others too.  IIRC someone sent me a set of files but I haven't pulled it off the email yet.  If possible, try to put it online somewhere and post the link here.  My email is almost entirely spam so I've lost the habit of checking it...

Fragmaster01

Wow that was fast.
I have to wait a bit about getting auditions done, roomate is in the room, and that gives lovely background noise. I'll post links when I get things recorded.

James StarRunner

Hey there new guy! Your first posts in the forum was in our radio thread, you flatter us!

There's almost always parts open thanks to the wide variety of characters being introduced. Of course... my cast list isn't always up to date...

Regardless, I hope to hear from you soon!

Saist

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 04, 2007, 10:13:37 PM
Hey there new guy! Your first posts in the forum was in our radio thread, you flatter us!

There's almost always parts open thanks to the wide variety of characters being introduced. Of course... my cast list isn't always up to date...

Regardless, I hope to hear from you soon!
* je.saist whamtackles the Squirrel.

FLUFFY TAIL!!!!

... wait... I don't think that was what you wanted to hear...

Fragmaster01

Well, thank you for that! I had been rather bored today, and was runnign voices for the comic while reading, and I look in the forums... ho snap! I see the thread of justice.

James StarRunner

Quote from: je.saist on October 04, 2007, 10:23:50 PM
whamtackles the Squirrel.

FLUFFY TAIL!!!!

... wait... I don't think that was what you wanted to hear...
Ack! Nice to see you too kitty cat!

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on October 04, 2007, 10:25:51 PM
Well, thank you for that! I had been rather bored today, and was runnign voices for the comic while reading, and I look in the forums... ho snap! I see the thread of justice.
The thread of justice...
Glad to know you love our work!