04/28/07 Abel's Story [84] Wow

Started by AndersW, April 28, 2007, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 02, 2007, 12:42:04 PM
ah.  See. where I come from, that's called "Spam."  Also, "Padding of one's post count."

Oddly enough, it's called that here, too. Netami just feels that rules do not apply to him. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Angel

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 01, 2007, 08:52:17 PM
Quote from: Zina on May 01, 2007, 05:20:27 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 01, 2007, 03:31:23 AM
Oh, I dunno, maybe it's that bigass dragon tail of his... :rolleyes

So you knew he was a dragon this whole time?
Facsinating.
Makes me wonder why he's even bothering to keep it a secret.

He doesn't. It's no secret at all. Everyone knows he is a dragon.

Everyone here being the Forumites or the characters?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

multani82

Quote from: Netami on May 02, 2007, 03:37:05 PM
ah.  See. where I come from, that's called "Spam."  Also, "Padding of one's post count."

Sure am glad this isn't where you're from! Go back to your foreign food, customs, and smells.
ok you didn't have to bring up the racial card you sack of Lard. Go back to lurking and only post with something intelligent, not this drivel. You call it wisdom, I call it being a ignorant tard.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Black_angel on May 02, 2007, 05:15:39 PM
Everyone here being the Forumites or the characters?

Both, or at least, I THINK it should be both. Forumites definatly, its the characters knowing that we are debateing. However, there is only one way to solve this....

HEY, AMBER!! Does everyone at Lost Lake know that Ducky is a dragon?

In the (very likely) case that Amber remains silent, I will carry on my side of the debate. Like it has already been pointed out, Dragons apparently keep their tailes when the shift into a furre form, and Dragons are the only race in all of Furrae with tails like that. Maybe during the time of Abel's Story, a Dragon if furre form would have always been mistaken as a Demon except by someone who is particularly knowledgeable about Dragons, but the current time I -think- is a bit more enlightened. Especially since, yes superluser, I said it, dragons arn't that reclusive. Here ya go:

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_141.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_174.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_285.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_286.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_598.php

Like Mab said, the Fae are reclusive. Hell, the Angels are probably reclusive, cuz they like to work behind the scenes. Not the Dragons, though. Your race can't be religious icons if you are too reclusive.

And I mean, come on. If you see a Dragon that just sat on some poor sap's car, and you get a good  look at the tail, and then you see another furre with a nearly identical tail, and you heard somewhere that Dragons can shapeshift to a furre form (come on, THAT at least HAS to be common knowledge) anyone with half a brain should be able to put two and two together.

And if you want to say "non-canon" to the funfacts part, then I would think that there would be lots of photos or paintings of Dragons (they are religious icons, after all) to see a dragon's tail.

Also, Arryanna was GOING to catch on to Pyroduck being a Dragon, but she is an easily distracted egotistcal ditz (as Pyro proved).

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 02, 2007, 01:16:12 AM
If Dan doesn't like dragons, why did he (i'm assuming here) borrow money from one and seem to know him on a friendly basis?
That. First off Dan WASN'T on an entirely "friendly" basis with him, that was the point. And in referance to Dan's rant, I SERIOUSLY doubt that he "borrowed" money from that Dragon. More likely he lost it in a card game.

On the topic of Dan having a problem with a Dragon dating Alexei, I don't think Alexei or Pyro have told ANYONE about that yet.

.....Have I forgottten something? *thinks* Probably, but I can't remember.

Zina

You forgot to prove that everyone knows Pyroduck is a dragon.
Considering Dan has been running around the better part of the comic with wings and no one seemed to even question it(himself included), I doubt there being Beings with abnormalities is all that uncommon.
That being said, even if Dan dislikes dragons a great deal, he would still acknowledge that Pyroduck, being a dragon, would be useful. But instead, he simply says Pyroduck wouldn't know what to do in a real situation. Seems to me that Dan isn't aware that Pyroduck can turn into a big, strong dragon with all the powers that come along with it.

The whole "Everyone knows but doesn't feel the need to say anything" thing doesn't hold much water. In THAT case, everyone knows Alexsi and Pyroduck are dating, but don't feel the need to acknowledge it. Everyone knew Dan was a 'cubi the whole time, they just didn't feel it was important to point out. Heck, Amber said at one point there's a Were amongst the cast. I'm sure everyone at Lost Lake knows who it is, they just don't feel the need to point it out.
Secrets are for suckers.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Zina on May 02, 2007, 07:46:08 PM

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 07:26:54 PM

Which is why I said that. I do hope she posts, but she might not.

Zina

Also, it'd totally rock if you could point out where it says dragons have furre forms that they can shift into. I can't find where it says this, and I'm guessing that Pyroduck is probably a special case.

Thanks! :V

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 07:48:44 PM
Quote from: Zina on May 02, 2007, 07:46:08 PM

Which is why I said that. I do hope she posts, but she might not.

In other words "You don't know".

Ok, cool. That's all I wanted to hear. :3

bill

Quote from: multani82 on May 02, 2007, 07:01:41 PM
Quote from: Netami on May 02, 2007, 03:37:05 PM

Sure am glad this isn't where you're from! Go back to your foreign food, customs, and smells.
ok you didn't have to bring up the racial card you sack of Lard. Go back to lurking and only post with something intelligent, not this drivel. You call it wisdom, I call it being a ignorant tard.
Hahaha. Wit.

Shut up. Both of you. Plz.

Nino

There's a were among the cast!!?

I'm guessing Wildy. It would explain the human fasination. But it has to be someone we think is a being. We know what half the cast is already, so that leaves:

-Merlitz (doubt it because Amber said she is trying not to use him so much because he is based on someone. But maybe, he does know magic)
-Jyrras (doubt it, doesn't seem like it would fit him, but who knows)
-Alexsi (well her mother is an Amazon and a lot of weres live in tribes)

Everyone else is a creature.

Anyway, this would make sense if Biggs were on the creature console, as speculated before.

Zina

Quote from: Kattuccino on May 02, 2007, 08:22:41 PM
There's a were among the cast!!?

I'm guessing Wildy. It would explain the human fasination. But it has to be someone we think is a being. We know what half the cast is already, so that leaves:

-Merlitz (doubt it because Amber said she is trying not to use him so much because he is based on someone. But maybe, he does know magic)
-Jyrras (doubt it, doesn't seem like it would fit him, but who knows)
-Alexsi (well her mother is an Amazon and a lot of weres live in tribes)

Everyone else is a creature.

Anyway, this would make sense if Biggs were on the creature console, as speculated before.

Well, I do remember Amber saying back on the old forum that there's been a Were in the comic so far. She just didn't say who. XD
Personally, I think everyone is secretly mummies. :B

Psychogirl

Or ducks!!
Or better yet, PENGUINS!!!!

nikename2

I don't know, it could be Alexsi. Apparently its inferred that shes not into going out as much as Wildy is in the evening, mabye fear of moonlight?  :)

I mean really how many people you know that can wield a hammer that huge? That powers gotta come from somewhere. :mwaha

Aridas

The only dragons Dan has seemed to have any real trouble with comic-wise are the drakes, which are not quite dragons. not dragon-dragons, anyway. But as it was illustrated in the comic, those are where his hatred lies.

Quote from: Xeksue on May 02, 2007, 08:42:33 PM
I don't know, it could be Alexsi. Apparently its inferred that shes not into going out as much as Wildy is in the evening, mabye fear of moonlight?  :)
DMFA WERES ARE NOT WEREWOLVES.

Amber Williams

Nope.  Not at all.  I think at this time only Abel, Fa'Lina, and Pyroduck know.

Aurawyn

Quote from: Xeksue on May 02, 2007, 08:42:33 PM

"A Were is able to shift between each form at their leisure though many rumors fly around about full moons"

:mowhappy

superluser

Quote from: multani82 on May 02, 2007, 07:01:41 PMok you didn't have to bring up the racial card you sack of Lard. Go back to lurking and only post with something intelligent, not this drivel. You call it wisdom, I call it being a ignorant tard.

Just for the record, You Have Been Trolled.  You Have Lost.

Please don't lose again.  Bill hates it when people lose the trolling game.

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 02, 2007, 09:22:33 PMNope.  Not at all.  I think at this time only Abel, Fa'Lina, and Pyroduck know.

:goamber

I'll admit that I'm rather surprised that Alexsi hasn't figured it out.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

nikename2

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 02, 2007, 08:55:31 PMDMFA WERES ARE NOT WEREWOLVES.

Yea I knew that. I was testing you guys. Honest.

...k I didn't really know until a few minutes ago because I didn't bother reading ALL of demo101, mostly just the parts that interested me so its an honest mistake.  :shifty

Tezkat

Quote from: Zina on May 02, 2007, 08:35:39 PM
Well, I do remember Amber saying back on the old forum that there's been a Were in the comic so far. She just didn't say who. XD

Bah. Words like "Were" are the bane of search-fu...  :mowninja

Of course, there has been a Were in the comic, just not as a regular cast member. She's hanging out with the Creature Council in 365 and 366. Unless you still want to believe that that's Biggs instead of Hahwru or somesuch... (It's likely a Were regardless simply by process of elimination--the other races on the council are accounted for.)

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Netami

[ok you didn't have to bring up the racial card you sack of Lard. Go back to lurking and only post with something intelligent, not this drivel. You call it wisdom, I call it being a ignorant tard.

God you're mean.

M

Quote from: Tezkat on May 02, 2007, 09:37:08 PM

Of course, there has been a Were in the comic, just not as a regular cast member. She's hanging out with the Creature Council in 365 and 366. Unless you still want to believe that that's Biggs instead of Hahwru or somesuch... (It's likely a Were regardless simply by process of elimination--the other races on the council are accounted for.)

But I thought that the character was a closet-were. Wouldn't that mean we've only seen them in being form?

nikename2

Yeah it would, depending on how vague Amber was when said statement was made, she may have just meant the silohette in the council strip from 365, etc. I still say its Alexsi.  >:3

Tsunari

It's time for some random prediction.  I predict that Dan is actually Abel's Grandfather due to some very messed up time travel and that due to the same thing Abel eventually goes insane and is actually Aniz so Abel is his own father.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 02, 2007, 09:22:33 PM

FOR THE WIN!

I was going to mention in Demo 101 where it says there isn't a Were on the Creature/Being council, but I think we're assuming the C/B and Creature Council are different entities entirely, and you're right, the creature in the 3rd panel of 366 doesn't look like any furry creature I can imagine, and DOES look very human.  Unless "humans" are counted among the mythical and magical creatures, I must admit, it's safe to assume he's a were-something.

Also, 'Lexsi's aversion to clubs seems perfectly natural to me.  She's the most motherly member of the entire cast, with the possible exceptions of Destania Ti'Fiona and May Rewanz...  wait, that doesn't mean anything, does it?

If there's a were in the cast, I honestly feel a bit of (unjustified) jealousy.  For that character.

Quote from: Netami on May 02, 2007, 09:43:08 PM
[ok you didn't have to bring up the racial card you sack of Lard. Go back to lurking and only post with something intelligent, not this drivel. You call it wisdom, I call it being a ignorant tard.

God you're mean.
You are just encouraging me us!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 02, 2007, 09:22:33 PM

:mowdizzy Wonderful. Yet, somehow, I have always know Pyro was a Dragon from when I first started reading the comic from the beginning about two-three months ago, so I assumed the cast knew too. But how DID I know? Hang on, my long-term memory sucks, gimme a moment....  :confused

Oh for christ's sake, NOW I remember. My dumb*ss of a friend spoiled it to me when he first introduced me to the comic. I must remember to punch his face off for that the next time I see him.  :bat

GabrielsThoughts

This has been a trolling announcement, once again reminding you that Pyroduck is not the subject here.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on May 02, 2007, 11:18:47 PM

This has been a trolling announcement, once again reminding you that Pyroduck is not the subject here.
HAH!  +1 funny!  Can we have that one put into the Smileys?  Please, Llearch, PLEASE!?

Damaris

GabrielsThoughts- please let the admins do the admining.  The Pyroduck thoughts are a natural progression in the thread, aren't actually insulting anyone, and aren't about another forum (among other criteria), therefore, are actually a valid topic of conversation.  If you would like the thread to continue to your specification, I suggest changing the subject with something interesting enough to make others comment on it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

I see what you mean :-/ I did have a try, but didn't actually find the post meant. Perhaps I need some better search words... Of course, it's not helped by some of the threads being 2.5Mb or more of html... :-/ Browser dies whilst trying to open them...

This page has a comment from Amber at the bottom about it, although she doesn't specify.

Ooo. This mentions the clan wars, and also cubification of Beings...

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 03, 2007, 04:37:58 AM
Ooo. This mentions the clan wars, and also cubification of Beings...
Yup - that one is a treasure-trove.  I'll have to write a full article on Cubification for the Wiki at some point, since it's currently filed under 'trivia'.  I'll have to see if I can find the Were thing as I may have saved the original posting at home.

Llearch, if you are in a position to grep the HTML, have you tried searching for "a were" or "weres"?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Netami

That thread is hilarious because it mentions how hard it would be to find people that want to be turned into cubi.

What?

Does Furrae not have a healthy population of people who want to be highly sexual beings of almost infinite power that do not require food, water, or sleep? Guess not! If this forum's population is any indication...