4/25/07 Furrae Fashion 3

Started by Roureem Egas, April 24, 2007, 09:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reese Tora

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 01, 2007, 07:54:49 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 01, 2007, 07:50:02 AM
(I do like the shirt pattern idea, though.)
So do I.  It's given me some interesting ideas for my writings.
yay!  :woot I inspired someone. :D
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on May 01, 2007, 12:08:41 PM

Actually it was Shiningshadow's reinterpretation which set me thinking, but thanks anyway  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Reese Tora

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 01, 2007, 12:56:33 PM

Actually it was Shiningshadow's reinterpretation which set me thinking, but thanks anyway  :3

um... yay, I indirectly inspired someone?  :erk

That's fine my me; it still means that I must suspect everyone I see wearing a loud shirt of being a cubi now. ;)

Kibin

Full plate armor wouldn't hamper someone getting on a horse. It weighed about 45 pounds, which is lighter than todays military gear. It was also distributed much better through the body. Knights could both run and jump in the armor, and modern re-enactments have shown that it is even possible to swim in the armor. And to clear up some more things that people keep messing up, longswords tended to weigh between 2 and 4.5 pounds in the grip, which is a lot lighter than people keep thinking they are.

Sorry, needed to get that out of my system. Am I the only one who is completely confused about how those tail thingies would work in the first place? I fail to understand how you attach those flap thingies together after you put the tail through.

Fuyudenki

you don't, you tuck them under.  What confuses me is after you've gone to the trouble of finding a pair of pants with a hole the right size for your tail, why do you need to be able to close the hole?

llearch n'n'daCorna

.... so you don't have your donkey flapping about in the breeze?

Culturally speaking, that's generally considered a faux pas in most civilized areas...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 01, 2007, 12:56:33 PM

I'm glad I inspired you in your writing of this idea TW and on the other matter of having a faux pas flapping in the breeze I have something to say about it LET'S BE NAKED WOOT! >:3

Aridas

Uh, weren't you warned about something earlier?

Damaris

I don't think he's going to be replying to you for a day or three.  Just a hunch.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: ShiningShadow on May 01, 2007, 03:40:57 PM
I'm glad I inspired you in your writing of this idea TW and on the other matter of having a faux pas flapping in the breeze I have something to say about it LET'S BE NAKED WOOT! >:3

Ah  Okay but only if you want too, but remember this is a family friend zone....And SS, it is one thing to enjoy the Freedom, but it is another to force your "view" on others at the drop of a hat.

:mowhappy
PBH

Reese Tora

Quote from: Kibin on May 01, 2007, 02:29:01 PM
Full plate armor wouldn't hamper someone getting on a horse. It weighed about 45 pounds, which is lighter than todays military gear. It was also distributed much better through the body. Knights could both run and jump in the armor, and modern re-enactments have shown that it is even possible to swim in the armor. And to clear up some more things that people keep messing up, longswords tended to weigh between 2 and 4.5 pounds in the grip, which is a lot lighter than people keep thinking they are.

Sorry, needed to get that out of my system. Am I the only one who is completely confused about how those tail thingies would work in the first place? I fail to understand how you attach those flap thingies together after you put the tail through.

are we talking modern materials here? 'cause 45 lbs is a minimum weight on the basis of armor made using tempered steel

More common medieval armor would have been of thicker wrought iron or low grade steel, rather than relatively thin tempered steel. On the optehr hand, modern armor is often made of aluminum for it's low weight and cost.  Furrae seems to ahve the technology for mass production of aluminum and titanium, and alloys thereof, so it would be reasonable to expect to see advernturers wearing it for less intelegent or magical enemies (no use against a cubi dragon or large gryphon, but good against other stuff.)

rabid_fox

I want to know all about static electricity build up between fabrics and fur. Oh. And if fur is seen as a fashion statement. Yes...that'll do. All the precious fur. Seriously though, interesting stuff. It's nice when an artist steps back to think about the world they've created and the small details.

Oh dear.

Rythak

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 02, 2007, 03:41:17 PM

I want to know all about static electricity build up between fabrics and fur. Oh. And if fur is seen as a fashion statement. Yes...that'll do. All the precious fur. Seriously though, interesting stuff. It's nice when an artist steps back to think about the world they've created and the small details.
Ohhh... I bet it was bad when latex was in style. I can see it now.
(guy 2 bumps into and knocks down guy 1)
*snap*
guy 1.Ow!
guy 2.Oh sorry my bad...
*snap*
guy 1.ahhg!
guy 2.Ouch! sry here ill help you up...
*snap*
guy 1. STOP THAT!!
guy 2. I'm sorry sir im just-
*snap*
guy 1. GET BACK!!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!
*snap*
guy 1.AHHHGG ASSAULT ASSAULT!!! *runs away*
guy 2. ....damn these pants!!

Skydancer

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 01, 2007, 02:40:24 PM
you don't, you tuck them under.  What confuses me is after you've gone to the trouble of finding a pair of pants with a hole the right size for your tail, why do you need to be able to close the hole?

Because in a lot of cases, you can't just slip your tail through the hole. A rat could, yes, and probably a cat. A fox? A skunk? Lots of floofy fur on those tails - much easier to slip the opening over the base and close it over the top than to try to feed a large fluffy mass of fur through a hole small enough to be snug on the actual flesh-and-bone part of the tail.

---------------

Skydancer

AndersW

You ever try petting a cat backwards?  They don't like it.

Now try threading a cat tail through a small hole, against the fur.  It would be unpleasant for the cat to have to do that every time they put on pants.

Could someone do a drawing of that?  A cat threading their tail through a hole for pants.