04/28/07 Abel's Story [84] Wow

Started by AndersW, April 28, 2007, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

multani82

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 01, 2007, 09:06:43 AM
she's busy being half slumped over on the ground holding her nose and babbling. She's incapable of either.
yeah but she appears more babbling because of the shock and not just the pain. Still your probably right about it. But, with all that has happened so far, I'm not taking ANYTHING for granted just yet  :mwaha

ShiningShadow

Quote from: multani82 on May 01, 2007, 09:09:57 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 01, 2007, 09:06:43 AM
she's busy being half slumped over on the ground holding her nose and babbling. She's incapable of either.
yeah but she appears more babbling because of the shock and not just the pain. Still your probably right about it. But, with all that has happened so far, I'm not taking ANYTHING for granted just yet  :mwaha

You never know Aniz get hit with a blunt object it will not come from May maybe Abel or Henna or maybe that Kria *Any Second* bust down the door and hits on the head with a chicken  >:3.

ChaoSynergy

Predicting...please hold.

May: Mental breakdown, murdered.
Hennya: Dies protecting Abel from Cubidad.
Abel: Cubidad keeps him alive, his intent having always been to raise Abel on his own when he achieved "Cuberty."  Manifests full cubi powers during "Fight or Flight" mode.  Kills cubidad, who makes witty remark.  Abel flees after coming to his senses, smacks into Kria.  Directs him to Falina.  Attends Cubi U, events proceed as detailed in the main DMFA arc.

There's also a 0.872% that they'll all suddenly break into song and dance instead.

superluser

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on May 01, 2007, 04:07:20 PMAbel: Cubidad keeps him alive, his intent having always been to raise Abel on his own when he achieved "Cuberty."

Why would he wait?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Damaris

I think that May might be the surprise hero here.  She hasn't hit cold fury yet, which overrides a lot of pain and suffering.  It's also the scariest of "mad" types.  Honestly, seeing what she can do red hot mad, I'm looking forward to her going ice cold mad.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

ChaoSynergy

Quote from: superluser on May 01, 2007, 04:15:01 PM
Quote from: ChaoSynergy on May 01, 2007, 04:07:20 PMAbel: Cubidad keeps him alive, his intent having always been to raise Abel on his own when he achieved "Cuberty."

Why would he wait?

See "Cuberty" - in other words, Cubi Puberty.  The time when they gain their headwings and are considered a full Incubus or Succubus.

Raire

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on May 01, 2007, 04:07:20 PM
There's also a 0.872% that they'll all suddenly break into song and dance instead.

I think more of a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000872% chance now.

But it would be very... interesting if Amber were to do that just to laugh at us.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Zina on May 01, 2007, 05:20:27 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 01, 2007, 03:31:23 AM
Oh, I dunno, maybe it's that bigass dragon tail of his... :rolleyes

So you knew he was a dragon this whole time?
Facsinating.
Makes me wonder why he's even bothering to keep it a secret.

He doesn't. It's no secret at all. Everyone knows he is a dragon.

Netami

And we knew, too, back from when he was on Furcadia with those frilly little wings of his. Tee-hee, plot secrets~

Zina

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 01, 2007, 08:52:17 PM
Quote from: Zina on May 01, 2007, 05:20:27 AM

So you knew he was a dragon this whole time?
Facsinating.
Makes me wonder why he's even bothering to keep it a secret.

Really? Where do they say that? I must have missed it.

superluser

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on May 01, 2007, 06:01:44 PM
Quote from: superluser on May 01, 2007, 04:15:01 PMWhy would he wait?
See "Cuberty" - in other words, Cubi Puberty.  The time when they gain their headwings and are considered a full Incubus or Succubus.

I appear to have invented that word, than you very much(*).

My point is that I don't see why he would wait for cuberty.  Why wouldn't Aniz just take Abel away from May as soon as he was born?  I don't see the point in waiting.

(*) I'm the first one to use it on the Clockwork Mansion forum, and it doesn't appear in the Nice archives.

I also was using ``and a pony'' before it became a meme in 2004, but I can't prove it because I made the comment on a super-secret mailing list dedicated to taking down Thurn und Taxis.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Zina on May 01, 2007, 10:41:49 PM

Right there. And that is a really freaking hard thing to miss. Pyroduck is a Dragon, and everyone knoes it, but doesn't say anything about it, cuz that's how obvious and inconsequential it is (until you bring in Biggs and Destania)

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 01, 2007, 04:20:24 AM
Given that Abel's wings are wrong, I'm wondering if Aniz is getting mad at May because she did cheat on him... with another incubus.
This is pretty improbable, but it would explain the wings.

Great, so then we introduce ANOTHER incubus...

superluser

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 12:37:08 AMRight there. And that is a really freaking hard thing to miss. Pyroduck is a Dragon, and everyone knoes it, but doesn't say anything about it, cuz that's how obvious and inconsequential it is (until you bring in Biggs and Destania)

I think you'd figure it out if you sat down and thought about it, but I really don't think that most of the Lost Lake denizens have done that.  I'll bet that Alexsi has (I don't remember--she might have even said so), and Mab seems to know, as well.

Most people probably don't run across dragons too often, so they probably haven't seen dragon tails and wouldn't be able to compare.  Abel surely has seen them, or at least read up on it in his studies.  Why Dan didn't recognize it is beyond me, though.  Surely, Destania would have mentioned dragons as something to stay away from, and Dan surely could know, being a retired adventurer with experience in dragons.  So either Dan's unobservant or he knows.

Zina

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 12:37:08 AM

Quote from: Zina on May 01, 2007, 10:41:49 PM

Right there. And that is a really freaking hard thing to miss. Pyroduck is a Dragon, and everyone knoes it, but doesn't say anything about it, cuz that's how obvious and inconsequential it is (until you bring in Biggs and Destania)

Uh. Give me proof IN THE COMIC where someone mentions that Pyroduck is a dragon, aside from Abel or Fa'lina.
Considering people on the forum were claiming he was an otter or a dog or some kind of hybrid animal a while back, I don't think it's that "obvious". And would Dan really brush Pyroduck off as not being very useful if he knew Pyroduck was a dragon? Something big and strong seems far from useless, unless Dan has insanely high standerds.
So unless Amber told you herself, you don't know for sure that everyone knows Pyroduck is a dragon.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Zina on May 02, 2007, 01:09:27 AM
Uh. Give me proof IN THE COMIC where someone mentions that Pyroduck is a dragon, aside from Abel or Fa'lina.
Considering people on the forum were claiming he was an otter or a dog or some kind of hybrid animal a while back, I don't think it's that "obvious". And would Dan really brush Pyroduck off as not being very useful if he knew Pyroduck was a dragon? Something big and strong seems far from useless, unless Dan has insanely high standerds.
So unless Amber told you herself, you don't know for sure that everyone knows Pyroduck is a dragon.
First off, Dan doesn't like Dragons. That would be reason enoguh to brush him off on anything. He almost certainly WOULDN'T want that kind of stuck-up 'help' he sees Dragons give, and he is probably right. And Dan iis a retired adventurer, I'm sure he has seen at least one other dragon in furre form. And it seems like everyone else is educated enough to recognize one when they see one, especially if Dragons don't try to be reclusive, which they don't.

Aridas

If Dan doesn't like dragons, why did he (i'm assuming here) borrow money from one and seem to know him on a friendly basis?

Zina

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 01:13:09 AM
Quote from: Zina on May 02, 2007, 01:09:27 AM
First off, Dan doesn't like Dragons. That would be reason enoguh to brush him off on anything. He almost certainly WOULDN'T want that kind of stuck-up 'help' he sees Dragons give, and he is probably right. And Dan iis a retired adventurer, I'm sure he has seen at least one other dragon in furre form. And it seems like everyone else is educated enough to recognize one when they see one, especially if Dragons don't try to be reclusive, which they don't.

If he doesn't like dragons, wouldn't he have mentioned at one point that the reason he doesn't like Pyroduck is because he's a dragon? You'd think if he felt so strongly about it, it would have come up eventually. Especially now that the dragon he dislikes so much is dating his sister. Or living in his home. Or hanging out with his friends.
And...where are you getting any of this? Seriously, sauce plz. Otherwise it just looks like you're making stuff up as you go along.

keru

>> cant read through 15 pages of post....wayyy to late..... ><

Story took a good and exciting turn. Will now start stalking forum because of it.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 02, 2007, 01:16:12 AMIf Dan doesn't like dragons, why did he (i'm assuming here) borrow money from one and seem to know him on a friendly basis?

Well, Mab suggested that Dragons don't like Dan.  It's not canon, but the off-hand nature of the comment makes it seem authentic.

Quote from: Zina on May 02, 2007, 01:27:20 AMIf he doesn't like dragons, wouldn't he have mentioned at one point that the reason he doesn't like Pyroduck is because he's a dragon? You'd think if he felt so strongly about it, it would have come up eventually.

I'm trying to think of a case where Dan says that he doesn't like Pyro.  I just thought that he was angry at him for taking his room.

Also, did I hear someone saying that dragons weren't reclusive?  Because reclusiveness is one of their defining features in most mythologies.  They're supposed to be guarding the graves of rich men, and they hide away until someone pesters them, and then they lay waste to the countryside.  I even remember a bit where someone said of the dragons something like, ``they will not come to our aid--they spend too much time guarding their gold.''  And I'm pretty sure I'm not thinking of the bit about the dwarves from the Lord of the Rings.

Netami

Um excuse me, but the draconomicon specifically says that dragons live in their own lairs and collect their own treasures, so they aren't guarding dead rich men!!! Pyro was obviously making his treasure trove in lost lake so that's why he was there, and everyone knew cause dragons are the coolest ppl evr.

Fuyudenki

:smrt

Seriously, are you even trying anymore?

I, for one, did not realize Pyroduck was a dragon until the strip after he sat on Abel, but I'm slow sometimes.  I think the subsequent flashback indicates that Aaryanna never realized he was a dragon for long enough to do anything about it("Hey, I hear the Cubi race is really great!").  On the other hand, that's Aary.  My personal vote is that not everyone has a clue exactly what Pyroduck is, but a few characters probably do.  Especially Abel and Fa'Lina.(obviously.)

Netami

Fuyudenki

In your defense, perhaps a little bit, that post would have been more fitting to your empty post in the thread for DMFA #782, but still, that's almost as bad as ShiningShadow's posts.

Almost.

Netami

It's not empty, it's an affirmation of his sentiment. A "quoted for truth", if you will. I speak what he spoke, because it is what I would have spoken were it me.

MAH BOI!!!!!!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on May 02, 2007, 12:41:55 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 01, 2007, 04:20:24 AM
Given that Abel's wings are wrong, I'm wondering if Aniz is getting mad at May because she did cheat on him... with another incubus.
This is pretty improbable, but it would explain the wings.

Great, so then we introduce ANOTHER incubus...

Actually, that's what I dislike about the theory myself, but unless Aniz turns out to have feathery headwings (which don't match Abel) and bat backwings, or we grasp for straws and say the batwings skipped a generation, there has to be another 'cubi involved somewhere, surely.  Otherwise it's gonna be May (who Kria said has the gift to learn magic and who had the idea of moving to a demon city in the first place)...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aurawyn

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 02, 2007, 03:15:27 AM
Seriously, are you even trying anymore?

I, for one, did not realize Pyroduck was a dragon until the strip after he sat on Abel, but I'm slow sometimes.

Ditto.. I didnt realize he was a dragon till then either..

I think the subsequent flashback indicates that Aaryanna never realized he was a dragon for long enough to do anything about it("Hey, I hear the Cubi race is really great!").  On the other hand, that's Aary.  My personal vote is that not everyone has a clue exactly what Pyroduck is, but a few characters probably do.  Especially Abel and Fa'Lina.(obviously.)

In that flashback I think she had an idea he was a dragon, but got distracted talking about Cubi and forgot.. least that is what I assume..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aurawyn on May 02, 2007, 09:57:33 AM
In that flashback I think she had an idea he was a dragon, but got distracted talking about Cubi and forgot.. least that is what I assume..

'Cubi usually have short attention spans and are easily diverted, so that is a very reasonable assumption.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Aurawyn on May 02, 2007, 09:57:33 AM
I think the subsequent flashback indicates that Aaryanna never realized he was a dragon for long enough to do anything about it("Hey, I hear the Cubi race is really great!").  On the other hand, that's Aary.  My personal vote is that not everyone has a clue exactly what Pyroduck is, but a few characters probably do.  Especially Abel and Fa'Lina.(obviously.)

Yes, that's what I said, though not as clearly as you did.  note, "long enough" implies that she probably noticed at least once, but as you're saying, Pyroduck is a master of distraction. :deadhorse

Quote from: Netami on May 02, 2007, 03:24:07 AM
It's not empty, it's an affirmation of his sentiment. A "quoted for truth", if you will. I speak what he spoke, because it is what I would have spoken were it me.

MAH BOI!!!!!!
ah.  See. where I come from, that's called "Spam."  Also, "Padding of one's post count."

Netami

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 02, 2007, 12:42:04 PM
ah.  See. where I come from, that's called "Spam."  Also, "Padding of one's post count."

Sure am glad this isn't where you're from! Go back to your foreign food, customs, and smells.