04/28/07 Abel's Story [84] Wow

Started by AndersW, April 28, 2007, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raire

Quote from: Xeksue on April 29, 2007, 10:00:59 PM
Perhaps we can get Moonfrost to do a full body search if its absolutely necessary.

I can see that.

"Excuse me, Cubi Aniz sir, we are trying to establish your parenthood over Abel. Please strip so we can do a full body searc-eurgh!" *suddenly has something very point and lethal in throat*

... I think somebody in the forums will go crazy at the idea of Aniz stripping.

Zedd

You probley havent heard...But no RPing in the threds :P

Netami

Quote from: Raire on April 29, 2007, 10:08:47 PM

Really? What would ever give you that idea?

nikename2

Quote from: Zedd on April 29, 2007, 10:10:42 PM

I've heard, all RP is meant to be in the haunted ballroom. Except for Alondro who is "unique"  ;). It wasn't meant as an RP response for the record.

Azraelle

So a 'cubi can never shapeshift their clan marking away, but do they have the ability to at least change it's location on their body?  Seems to me like a skilled shapeshifter would be able to do that, but since it's not just a simple tattoo-like mark, I don't know.

Netami

Quote from: Azraelle on April 29, 2007, 10:16:01 PM
So a 'cubi can never shapeshift their clan marking away, but do they have the ability to at least change it's location on their body?  Seems to me like a skilled shapeshifter would be able to do that, but since it's not just a simple tattoo-like mark, I don't know.

They most certainly do not have that ability. It would cheapen the idea behind the fact that they can't hide it from others with shapeshifting.

Raire

Quote from: Zedd on April 29, 2007, 10:10:42 PM

Oops.

I need to lurk more.

[Edit]
Umm.. I guess that is my cue to disappear to the rules so I at least know what to think of this now. Thank you both for advice... and I guess I'll message a mod. Or something.

superluser

Quote from: Zedd on April 29, 2007, 10:10:42 PMYou probley havent heard...But no RPing in the threds :P

Er...

Zedd, you're not a moderator and I'm not a moderator, but I don't think I've seen anyone RPing in the threads since Ace/Doraion.  Not even Charles/Charline/Alondro.

I did see Raire doing sample dialogue, but I'm pretty sure that that doesn't count as role playing.  You're probably going to give some of the newbies the wrong idea about what is or is not allowed on the forums, and that's no good.

Also, to the newbies: don't trust anything that non-moderators say about the rules.  Not even anything that I say.  The rules (and clarifications by the moderators--which, as mentioned in the rules, includes llearch) say it all.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Netami

I don't trust you, Super. Especially because you're going off topic! Let's go back to speculating family trees and berating sexual fantasies!!

Aurawyn

Quote from: Azraelle on April 29, 2007, 10:16:01 PM
So a 'cubi can never shapeshift their clan marking away, but do they have the ability to at least change it's location on their body?  Seems to me like a skilled shapeshifter would be able to do that, but since it's not just a simple tattoo-like mark, I don't know.

The Wiki says its in the same general area and all that so.. *shrugs*

They could wear cloths over it or what not..

Or Make their into a patern that might make it blend in some..

Raire

Quote from: Netami on April 29, 2007, 10:11:38 PM
Quote from: Raire on April 29, 2007, 10:08:47 PM

Really? What would ever give you that idea?

Oh, noooooothing, just a particular insistence on behalf of somebody on Aniz's cuteness. There was somebody else... had an Aniz sig.

We expect drooling now.

Zibani

Quote from: Netami on April 29, 2007, 10:23:42 PM
I don't trust you, Super. Especially because you're going off topic! Let's go back to speculating family trees and berating sexual fantasies!!
I'd be okay with that! :giggle *drools*

Netami

You are going to get SO berated for that!  :rant

superluser

Quote from: Netami on April 29, 2007, 10:23:42 PMI don't trust you, Super. Especially because you're going off topic! Let's go back to speculating family trees and berating sexual fantasies!!

OK.  How's this:

Quote from: Netami on April 29, 2007, 10:17:41 PM
Quote from: Azraelle on April 29, 2007, 10:16:01 PMSo a 'cubi can never shapeshift their clan marking away, but do they have the ability to at least change it's location on their body?  Seems to me like a skilled shapeshifter would be able to do that, but since it's not just a simple tattoo-like mark, I don't know.
They most certainly do not have that ability. It would cheapen the idea behind the fact that they can't hide it from others with shapeshifting.

How could they not?  Could you grow another right arm just below your present right arm?  Could you change your old right arm into a left arm?  Could you grow another head between the two?  Now, all you need to do is retract your old left arm, your old head and rotate them so that you're erect, and now whatever was on your right shoulder is on your left shoulder.

P.S. Have you ever thought about editing Conservapedia?  A few of us think it would be fun to see you tweaking those guys.

Zibani

XD That sounds painful superluser...

Netami

I don't know the answer to that, Super. Tell you what, though, I will just make up some BS theory and tout it as fact in a bid to bring Amber out here to tell us the real deal.

As shapeshifters, cubi can almost certainly grow back any severed limb, except perhaps the head and only if that is it's true head and not some shapeshifting, no-brain head. If they lost the arm that their clan sign was on, it would just regrow right back as a natural reflex. The sign is an important thing about the cubi race; from a design standpoint, it's there to give the at least SOME form of weakness in the fact that people know what to look for when dealing with them. This is muffled somewhat by the possibility of signs being in hard to see places, but I don't think you need to add to that perk by allowing them to change where it is, though changing your appearance to camouflage in with the sign is a good idea.

That's just my idea, though. Which happens to be correct. 100%.

nikename2

It depends on the type of shapeshifter, it would seem the cubi shapeshifters are capable of alterations while remaining in mostly in humanoid form, so the marking would show up whereever it would be normally on the cubi's base form. Now if cubi are capable of COMPLETE shapeshifting into something that is not of a humanoid form, like a cardboard box, or a giant amoeba, the marking would probably be whereever they will it to be.

Amber herself would have to tell us the full extent one could shapeshift assuming they have perfect skill.

Damaris

I've seen no RPing either, since Dorian.  I didn't check the link, but I'm sure superluser gave a correct one.  Feel free to PM me with any questions :)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Xeksue on April 29, 2007, 10:39:57 PM
It depends on the type of shapeshifter, it would seem the cubi shapeshifters are capable of alterations while remaining in mostly in humanoid form, so the marking would show up whereever it would be normally on the cubi's base form. Now if cubi are capable of COMPLETE shapeshifting into something that is not of a humanoid form, like a cardboard box, or a giant amoeba, the marking would probably be whereever they will it to be.

Amber herself would have to tell us the full extent one could shapeshift assuming they have perfect skill.

Dr. Ink claims he can shapeshift into the floor, which probably means that his clan marking appears where his forehead/buttox(depending on whether you go by the player's design or Amber's design) is intended to be.

Of course, the Forehead variant also claims to be covered via Cubi shapeshifting, so we only have to worry about where Amber's version would show up.  It'd be easy enough to hide it, though, if he just keeps the mark on his underside by sliding around the academy face-up.

Also, I would assume that Cubi can not regenerate just any hacked-off limb.  We haven't seen any cubi with injuries, but that doesn't mean they don't get them.  I suspect it's more like tweaking a muscle than oozing your amorphous body form, and if the muscles get cut off, then they've got nothing to tweak with, so you'd have to cover the stump with auxiliary material.  Probably wings.

multani82

yeah cubi cant regen missing limbs. I dont remmember the comic strip but it was the one where abel was in the infirmary of the SAIA college when he had his wing torn off and they had to put it back on for him.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: multani82 on April 29, 2007, 11:16:55 PM
yeah cubi cant regen missing limbs. I dont remmember the comic strip but it was the one where abel was in the infirmary of the SAIA college when he had his wing torn off and they had to put it back on for him.
HEY, I forgot about that!  Yeah, Here's the one where RJ mentions Abel's missing wing, and she stitches it back on via magic in the next one.

On a side-note, I love the way Amber will gank copyrights to various chacters' body parts in jest.  For example, apparently, Raine doesn't own her own hands anymore, Amber does. :P

superluser

Quote from: multani82 on April 29, 2007, 11:16:55 PMyeah cubi cant regen missing limbs. I dont remmember the comic strip but it was the one where abel was in the infirmary of the SAIA college when he had his wing torn off and they had to put it back on for him.

It's probably not the best idea to regenerate lost structures.  Assuming some sort of conservation of matter, if you *lose* your wing, you've lost a good kilo or two.  Getting it reattached will result in no loss of matter.

Netami

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 29, 2007, 11:21:59 PM
Quote from: multani82 on April 29, 2007, 11:16:55 PM
HEY, I forgot about that!  Yeah, Here's the one where RJ mentions Abel's missing wing, and she stitches it back on via magic in the next one.

On a side-note, I love the way Amber will gank copyrights to various chacters' body parts in jest.  For example, apparently, Raine doesn't own her own hands anymore, Amber does. :P

Yeah I think that was more for comedic effect than an actual example of how lost limbs function.

Manawolf

Okay, regeneration, shape shifting, two different things.  Dragons can shapeshift too (as has also been seen), but they're not regenerators either.  You can't shapeshift an arm back, the trauma to the severed area is too much for it to be grown back through shapeshifting.

They probably have good enough magic to regenerate through a spell anyway.

Ouai

Quote from: Manawolf on April 29, 2007, 11:30:14 PM
Okay, regeneration, shape shifting, two different things.  Dragons can shapeshift too (as has also been seen), but they're not regenerators either.  You can't shapeshift an arm back, the trauma to the severed area is too much for it to be grown back through shapeshifting.

They probably have good enough magic to regenerate through a spell anyway.

Good point about the magic

On the topic of clan markings, Destina is blue and her marking is blue. Its possable that the marking just blends in with her fur color.

At this point i still think it's possible that Aniz is not Ables father but if he was, he has red wings suposably so if his marking was on his wing it would be hidden. But that still doesn't exsplane how he hid it from May. Thats why I think Cid was the real Cid at one point and this cubi has only been posing for a short while.

Manawolf

Note, many ways to cover the body, and thus any markings you have on the body.

And if you want to bring up the problem of being naked during sex, you don't have to be completely naked to have sex.  Some used to do it through a sheet in some cultures.

Netami

Or through a bathroom stall in furry cultures!  :boogie

techmaster-glitch

On the ropic of shapeshifting healing, hears an example:

In a Forotten Realms book i read once, there was a race of shapeshifters called the *Malgruym*?(something like that) Mages, and they could shapeshift into almost any form. In fact, you would rarely ever see a Malgruym in a single form, they would usually have random forms like, a starfish head, a tentacle arm, a horse lower body, ect ect, and they could also shift the location of their organs. The other thing they could do was morph away any injury that doesnt actually get a vital organ, like, say, their heart, and if they were about to be stabbed where their heart was, they would just moph it out of the way. The only thing they can't do(with out at least healing magic) is morph away an injury caused by a silvered weapon.

Relevance to topic: Cubi do not have that kind of extensive natural shapeshifting. If they did, they would be like the Malgruym; damn near invincible, yet Cubi die by adventurers all the time (I assume). And since Fi considered Abel turning into Merlitz "changing his base form", implying that that in itself was "extensive shapeshifting". This is why I doubt any Cubi even has the shapeshifting savvy to radically change their anatomy, which is why I dont think any of them could move their marking, by say, moving the body part it is on.

And just to help the point I'm going to be making, even though everyone knows this, Cubi can't morph away their marking, period, not even with morphing magic, I believe. I brought a similar concept up in the old Abel's Heritage Theories thread; I highly doubt that this Aniz jack*ss could have been carrying this on for any extended period of time, because May would HAD have noticed it at SOME point (prolly in bed), and would not have reacted the way she did when she saw Abel's marking. And this Aniz *sshole's headwings don't match Abel's, yet Dan's wings do match Destania's.

With all of this being said, I am for any theory where Aniz is NOT Abel's real father........ well actually, any theory that involes any non-Cubi being the one who has been haging out with May for the past two decades. While I don't doubt that any Cubi could be capable of that kind of charade, they. Can't. Hide. Their. Mark. May would have noticed it at SOME point. I am for the theories like, Aniz hates Cid for some reason, and is doing this to f**k around with Cid's family, or maybe May is a succubus and Cid has "hired" Aniz for this, or anything along those lines. I doubt any theories where Cid really is the Cubi, cuz theire is just no way he could have hidden it from May for so long.

ok, I think i'm done....prolly left something out...but oh well.

EDIT: ah, but manawolf, i seriously doubt that Furrae has that kind of culture. In fact, that is the very reason why I don't think anyone could hide their mark for so long. Ok, so it may be possible to have sex without being completely naked, but seriously, how may people actually do that here, much less in Furrae?

EDIT: Bathroom stall in furry cultures?   :erk where the hell did you get that?

Manawolf

Unless it's on the groin, it can still be hidden.

Netami

You've never heard of a GLORY HOLE?  :mwaha

And cubi can do whatever they want because they are all powerful beings. They could shapeshift like your so-called race, but why would they?