Bloody Roar

Started by ilpalazzo, March 03, 2007, 11:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilpalazzo

I picked this game up a couple of days ago, wanting a fighter it sounded cool....
well even though this is an old ps1 game it rocks, I don't know of any fighter that allows you to become an animal to defeat the other player

Saist

TheGreyRonin

There's also Bloody Roar 2, which wasn't much of an improvement, trust me.

Kenji

I liked BR2. Course, that's the first one I played.
I liked how in Uriko's special move where she rolls you around in a ball, you can push buttons to aid in damage. I took out my friend in one move with that... Uriko's always been my favorite, but...

Mr Phoenix/Penguin is fun too. X3

Saist

Kasarn

If you haven't found it already, Alice has bit of a cheese move in BR1. Just crouch and punch.

ilpalazzo

Yeah I have number 2, Long is the best. If you know how to use him. :D

Gareeku

Meh. Bloody Roar's never really been my thing. I just found the gameplay too clunky. Tekken's more my thing. I'll be interested to check out any future sequels of it though. But as I said, for the moment I'll stick to Tekken and Soul Calibur in terms of 3D fighters.

thegayhare

in 2 or was it 3 the bat girl had a realy cheezy move

You would knock some one into the air and repeatwdly swoop down on her juggling him in the air

Kenji

Quote from: thegayhare on March 04, 2007, 04:40:35 PM
in 2 or was it 3 the bat girl had a realy cheezy move

You would knock some one into the air and repeatwdly swoop down on her juggling him in the air

I believe that was all of them after 2.

King Of Hearts

Heh... juggles.

I once did a 100+ move combo on my friend in training mode using Stun because he didnt know how to "recover." After a couple of games you'd learn how to be be free of juggles.

Its not a serious fighting game, but its very fun.

I somewhat miss Greg and Mitsuko from BR1, but their style is well represented by Stun in BR2 and beyond.

And Fox was an... interesting character... He was my first pick when the game was released in the PS1.