Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Quote from: Kasarn on December 31, 2009, 07:43:55 PM
Any other scrub questions?

Seriously?  While I laud how well you're playing this game, you're really being a dick.

SquirrelWizard

grumble, had a trade agreement fall through. decided to see if I could work out an all team trade agreemeent, so I'm waiting on 3 people to accept... kinda stinks.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Kasarn

Having trades is (usually) more important than trading on team.

In other news, the global war has ended in a white peace before it really started.
Summary of events: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=77562

SquirrelWizard

after a war runs its course, can a person immediately declare war on the same target again? I have a feeling this disphit is gonna try and pull this on me. (some one tossed them 3mill for tech and it revitalized them. Seriously we should be able to pettition to have a person embargoed.)

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yup.

All you can do is go on building up your country while they keep poking away at you. If we organise ourselves, you should outgrow him in short order, and he'll drop far enough that he can't attack you anymore.

It'll take a wee while, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

SquirrelWizard

I just got a senate vote message pop up, who are we gunning for in the senate elections?

Darkdragon

I've just noticed my environment taking a huge hit, so is there some sort of nuclear war raging which might explain this sudden drop?

*is very, very outside of the CN political loop*

Kasarn

SquirrelWizard

yup, thats why I love me radiation cleanup bonus resource.

edit: just wondering, do you think that nukes have become too much of an easy button for wars? As in war is declared and nukes immediately fly?

llearch n'n'daCorna

... no, why do you ask? ;-]

Tezkat

So... um...

Dark Templar, Poison Clan, Stickmen, and the League of Extraordinary Oranges just declared war on... well... pretty much all of Purple.

Just FYI... now would be a very good time to be extremely ready for war. :dface

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Darkdragon

Quote from: Tezkat on February 05, 2010, 01:22:00 AMJust FYI... now would be a very good time to be extremely ready for war. :dface
How ready is "extremely ready"? (Since I had to ask, I'm probably not ready enough :<)

Mao

...Well, this would be a time I'm glad I keep a warchest and a small bit of an army.  Very small, yes, but one makes due with what one has.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*looks at his warchest*

Hrm. 9m/day expenses. That makes... somewhere around 42 days warchest. That might do, I suspect...

Keleth

Actually having an army is a good thing. I see a lot of people on purple who have the minimum soldier requirement. While having like 4+k infra and no defenses whatsoever
Help! I'm gay!

James StarRunner

So uhh... the global radiation is pretty high. I think we passed the point where everyone glows in the dark...

Also, being quite busy on my end, I haven't had much time to figure what's been happening. I'm not sure what our alliance is doing. I've been ignored as a target so far, but I've been carrying on as usual.

There's also a matter a friend of mine playing is concerned about. He was attacked by  http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=347418 for no reason other than the ID for his alliance sucked. I'd like to help him out, but the alliance the attacker is 'Democratic Alliance Of Wise Nations' and well... it's quite intimidating. I know I'd get blasted back to the stone age if his alliance were to attack me as well. I know we're generally quite peaceful, but I was wondering if there is or will be any action from Pegasus and/or any united purple members against the radical group.

Tezkat

Radical group? DAWN is our ally in this war. They're joined at the hilt to IRON, which has direct treaties with most of Purple. So, no, we won't be taking any punitive actions against them. Their war and aid slots are pretty much full anyway, so we couldn't even if we wanted to. And we probably won't be helping your friend, either... :dface

What exactly was this sucky AA that caused him to be attacked? I don't see anyone on Puppeteer's war list that isn't an enemy combatant, against whom official, alliance level declarations of war have been issued.

Check out the wiki for a current list of combatants in this war. We're with team on the left column.

On the topic of war...

If you add up the numbers, you might notice that our side is grossly outnumbered at the moment. At last count, PEACE alliances were officially at war with 18 enemy alliances. They are taking quite a pounding, having collectively lost millions of net worth in the past week. We will, quite possibly, find ourselves on the losing team...

We can, realistically, do nothing as usual and try to remain below the radar. Given the nature of the current conflict, nobody would really fault us for that. Purple is in the fight of its life. As of yet, however, the enemies have no real legal cause to attack us directly. Mind you, if they take down our protector(s), some of them might be lulzy enough to come in anyway and just call it a tech raid. And let's not forget the the global conflict itself was based on preemptive strikes.

Since Pegasus includes optional aggression and defence clauses, we do have the legal option to join the war against any of the alliances currently at war with BAPS (Poison Clan and the League of Extraordinary Oranges--FOK, INT, R&R, and tR). Yes, they're all much bigger than we are. We're likely to lose a good chunk of tech and infra, but it could be a lot of fun anyway. If we do go that route, hippie mode is an option for anyone who wants to avoid fighting. Probably the best we can hope for is white peace at the end and mad props for having stood up for our allies. >:]

So... that's where things stand right now. We can has war nao? (Y/N) Discuss... :3

Mao

Doesn't matter to me.  If you want me to fight, just give me the name of the target and I'll blow away my tiny arse army.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... ah, the Judean People's Front Suicide Squad?

Keleth

Jihad Jihad Muhammad Muhammad?

You point. I punch!
Help! I'm gay!

SquirrelWizard

we sure do know how to pick a fight. I'd have to clean up some tech deals (IE dont take any more and finish what I got) before I would think about going to war though.

James StarRunner

Huh... The reason for puppeteer's attack seemed really pathetic. Guess my friend was just in the wrong alliance

SquirrelWizard

to be frank there are a bunch of people out there who are opportunist pricks. I had one attack me out of the blue and didn't give any real reason to do so.

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 09, 2010, 08:06:14 AM
... ah, the Judean People's Front Suicide Squad?

Judean People's Front? We're the People's Front of Judea! :3

Quote from: James StarRunner on February 09, 2010, 02:49:49 PM
Huh... The reason for puppeteer's attack seemed really pathetic. Guess my friend was just in the wrong alliance

Um... perhaps your friend should be paying more attention to his alliance communication channels? Assuming I've correctly picked him out of that long list of wars (you didn't identify him)... his alliance was the one that declared war against DAWN, not the other other way around. Also... IAA is ten times our size, not to mention an order of magnitude larger than DAWN, and they're already filling up Puppeteer's war slots. Why would he come to us instead?

It's kinda weird.

In any event, the actual text of individual nation DoWs during wartime are often meant to be funny, clever, or otherwise include oblique references to the conflict at hand. Since it's the whole alliance at war with another alliance, there's little reason for specifics as to why you're attacking... :animesweat

EDIT:

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on February 09, 2010, 10:39:50 AM
we sure do know how to pick a fight. I'd have to clean up some tech deals (IE dont take any more and finish what I got) before I would think about going to war though.

Tech trades are usually placed on hold during wartime.

If you do continue trading, make sure that none of your customers are members of alliances currently engaged in the fighting. Sending aid to active combatants constitutes casus belli for others to attack DMFA, since it's effectively an act of war.

insidexml

"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

James StarRunner

Ya, I don't think my friend pays attention to the channels or anything else about the game (much like me lately apparently). The only thing he knew of is that he was buying tech for tech trades.

Oh, and the friend is Snowfang.

Tezkat

So... um... who is this guy? Is he someone we know... or just ghosting our AA?

Mao

I don't see anything that identifies them.

Darkdragon

This guy is not someone I recognize.

llearch n'n'daCorna

nowt to do with me.

You wanna start talking to him, Tez?