Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keleth

I'm curious to see if anyone here is still small enough where selling infrastructure and tech is still profitable to them.

I'm at the point now where it's 1.9 million to buy 10 infra, 0.9 Million to buy 10 tech. And was just curious if there's anyone in our alliance that could benefit from selling tech. I know I can go out into the wild and look, but I thought I'd see if there's anyone here who could profit first.  :3
Help! I'm gay!

VAE

I'll check - presumably, infrastructure could work....

Apparently, it'd cost around 290K to buy 10 levels of infrastructure for me, me having just 2180 of it.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Infra: $5,398,761.18 / 10, and I have 18,169.99 levels.
Tech: $4,680,456.41 / 10, and I have 4,804.98 levels.

I believe infra is too hard to pass around, without going to war. Tech, last I heard the going rate was 100/$3m, give or take, although I keep getting people offering me at half that rate...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

lucas marcone

hey guys whats up? sorry i was gone so long.... im sure my long gone country is too, but i have a new one and would like back in.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Unlocked, for the heck of it.

Also, there are major changes to the game...

Tezkat

Hey guys.

Those of you who still pay attention to your nations on Planet Bob may have noticed a huge game update this week. Basically, instead of being stuck with dice rolls at creation, nations can now choose their own resource set.

The end result of this change is that pretty much all the major alliances are transitioning over to in-house trade circles. A few of us had some really great, stable, long term relationships with our allies... I had some trading partners by my side for years. And a few of us were languishing with undesirable resources and had perpetual problems getting trades. But now that that's coming to an end, we're gonna have to go in house as well. We have almost enough active members remaining to form for two complete circles.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Mao

I'm still watching and wouldn't mind a slightly more permanent trade circle, assuming  we can get some good bonus resources decided upon.

Darkdragon

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think it goes without saying that I'm in. ;-]

Tezkat

So... what resources do y'all want?

Construction is required. All the component resources are good, and losing the aircraft bonus gimps you in any conflicts we may or may not fight int the future.

Personally I like the standard 5BR with some extra pop enhancers and uranium:

Aluminum
Coal
Fish
Iron
Lumber
Marble
Oil
Rubber
Water
Wheat
Uranium
+ Cattle/Pigs

Cattle is a slightly better pop bonus; Pigs gives you a big bonus in combat. Whoever has Uranium may also be able to swap out for the second livestock resource when not purchasing nukes if we're willing to soak up the extra upkeep cost in some months.

Alternately we could try for a pure econ build (Fast Food, Beer, and Construction). However, the infra bonuses are not as good, which hurts nations that are still growing. And for really big nations, like mine or llearch's, our costs are so high that the population boost is almost offset by the increased bills.

Mao

I'm unconcerned either way.  Just let me know what you need me to do.

Tezkat

Well, we need 6 people on board before we go ahead and form the trade circle. So far myself, Mao, Darkdragon, and llearch have expressed interest. We need to rope in two more.

After that it's just a matter of assigning resources, warning our existing trade partners, and hitting each other up in game.

Darkdragon

My trade partners have mostly canceled already as of Sunday, so the faster we can do this the better for me.

Keleth

Well, because of my smartphone exploding I was no longer able to get my usual method of Cybernations updates. As a result... My nation is deleted because I plain forgot about it. (Phone exploded several weeks ago)

I'm still up for playing and would make a new nation. I don't care what resources I'd choose. Just tell me what to take and who's circle to be in ;)
Help! I'm gay!

Mao

And my trade partners are almost all gone as well.  The sooner we get on this, the less likely it is that my nation goes bankrupt and I quit as a result.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have some space; people are welcome to start linking with me anyway, if we want to start the thing going.

I haven't set my resources yet anyway, but having lead and pigs... I guess I need to change the lead to something else. *shrug*

So... if Drath is the 5th, who's 6th?

Tezkat

Bleh. I'll have a forced collection tomorrow myself. Are we really that short of people? Maybe we should just start with a 5 person trade and drop the optional resources until we can rope someone else in.

Darkdragon

James StarRunner

Oh? I guess that was why my trading partners fled. I'll have to get in on this too. I should also be paying more attention, or better yet, stick around in the forum more again.

Mao

Well, unless something happens today, I'd say I'm out.  Sorry folks, but honestly, this game isn't that fun anyway.

Tezkat

Well, that's our six, assuming Mao sticks around...

We may as well just go down the list in alphabetical order...

Darkdragon - Aluminum, Coal
Drath - Fish, Iron
James - Lumber, Marble
llearch - Oil, Rubber
Mao - Water, Wheat
Tezkat - Uranium, Cattle

Sound good?

Mao

Fine by me, but we need to move this along.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Works for me. Let me log in and sort myself out, and set up links to everyone.

Darkdragon

Works for me. Thanksgiving was the weekend and I couldn't log in because I was with family, and that made me unable to pay my bills. Hopefully with a full trade circle I can make a profit again.

Also: I don't remember which ones are Mao's and Drath's Cybernations account. Can you please remind me so I can send the trade invites?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mao is Nairo (Mao Laoren)
Drathorin is missing, and needs to re-create his account, which I understand he is doing right now.

Keleth

Username is Drathorin. Just remade the account, trying to figure out who I'm supposed to link to :V
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

That'll be done RSN.

Keleth

I now haz harbor. I can cram tezkat's corpse in thar once I finish taking over his nation.  :U
Help! I'm gay!

Mao

It would seem that we lost James due to inactivity. :<