Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadrok

*makes not to himself to visit the forums more*

Quote from: lucas marcone on May 06, 2009, 03:31:41 PM
did we loose someone? i could swear there was someone just above me in the alliance but now they seem to be gone...just when i was getting ready to pass them too

I know my nation of Tanagra was over you till I started saving for a wonder.

Quote from: lucas marcone on May 21, 2009, 04:13:51 PM

To: canadian bacon    From: blackrage    Date: 5/20/2009 1:54:18 AM

Subject: teaser

Message: ya know i could attack you and there's nothing anyone in your alliance could do about it.

this scares me because with my trade situation as it is he probably could as im making juuuuuuuuuust enough to keep my head above water.

Well if you ever need spice and aluminum you can trade with me. (that is if your current aluminum source ever falls through)

Tezkat

Quote from: lucas marcone on May 21, 2009, 04:13:51 PM

To: canadian bacon    From: blackrage    Date: 5/20/2009 1:54:18 AM

Subject: teaser

Message: ya know i could attack you and there's nothing anyone in your alliance could do about it.

this scares me because with my trade situation as it is he probably could as im making juuuuuuuuuust enough to keep my head above water.

Meh. You should still have a large enough warchest to take that guy on, whereas he was on the business end of some nukular shineys during the Karma War. Even if you don't, we can rain aid on you till the cows come home.

Besides, there is something even simpler we could do about it: Go ask GGA to make him stop and send you reps for his stupidity. Simple, huh? :3

An attack on DMFA is tantamount to an attack on nearly all of Purple (sans Valhalla, who can't execute their Poseidon military responsibilities until the terms of their surrender expire). We no longer have much of a treaty link to GGA, but they were sort of on our side of the fence, and frankly they're in no condition to be throwing their weight around right now.

By the way... I notice that a lot of you still have "Elysium Protectorate" or something similar in your nation descriptions. Um... Elysium disbanded months ago, and its leadership is mostly running TPF now. :animesweat "Pegasus Member", "Poseidon Protectorate", "PEACE Protectorate", or something to that effect would be more appropriate.

EDIT:

Oh, and an update on the aid thing. They are aware of our offer to help but don't have a list of recipients for us just yet. So... um... if you want to help with that, just tuck some "Purple Rebuilding" funds aside somewhere until we get organized.
:mowcookie

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

lucas marcone

i like the idea of reperations for stupidity ;). id like to help rebuild purple but i cant, my war chest would have remained un touched but when i heard we were goning to be relitively safe i thought some minor improvemt could be afforded
...then i lost my trades and started leaking money.....even my oldest trade up and left without so much as a " hay stoppin our trade tomarrow". i tried to find other trades but none of the important one responded before i had to be active or be deleted, thus i bled monies.
just once i wish a trade circle who wanted t get the bonuses i do would contact me.

Mao

I had to rebuild most of my trades after the war.  Lot of folks jumped ship.

Valynth

Quote from: Tezkat on May 22, 2009, 01:26:48 PM
EDIT:

Oh, and an update on the aid thing. They are aware of our offer to help but don't have a list of recipients for us just yet. So... um... if you want to help with that, just tuck some "Purple Rebuilding" funds aside somewhere until we get organized.
:mowcookie

Got more than enough, just let me know where to fire the canons send the aid.  :3
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

insidexml

:paranoid Anybody need furs or wheat? Most of my trade agreements seem to have dissipiated.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have lead and pigs, if someone wants to look at what we have as a group and see about finding someone with the missing features for a decent trade circle, I'd be happy to move to that.

Of course, it would lose me my bragging rights of having a trade older than many countries, but that's a sacrifice I'll just have to make.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkdragon

Until 30 days ago I had trades which were only 5 days less old than my country. But then I redid the whole structure and now its falling apart again  :mowsad

Tezkat

While waiting for Pegasus to get organized... some free stimulus monies for our smaller members! :mowcookie

lucas marcone

Mao

Yes, thank you Tezkat. :)

Shadrok

Thanks Tezkat for the money.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 23, 2009, 06:39:31 AM
I have lead and pigs, if someone wants to look at what we have as a group and see about finding someone with the missing features for a decent trade circle, I'd be happy to move to that.

Of course, it would lose me my bragging rights of having a trade older than many countries, but that's a sacrifice I'll just have to make.

How old is your oldest trade?

Tezkat

Enjoy the monies!

On the topic of trade problems...

We just launched a new umbrella forum to handle all of PEACE (Poseidon, Pegasus, other Purple stuff...) activities. Once it gets a little populated, it should be a good place to organize some (hopefully) stable trade circles and such. So... everyone mosey on over and sign up! :3

http://www.cnpurpleunity.net/

Once you've registered, post in the Pegasus Sign In area for a mask.

http://www.cnpurpleunity.net/forum/index.php?showforum=21

EDIT:

In other news... who the hell is this guy?

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=318102

Not that I object to new members or anything, but this guy looks like he might be ghosting...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shadrok on May 28, 2009, 01:06:08 PM

Currently, I have 815, 224, 181, 118, and 27 days.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Well, thus far our new possible ghost has not responded to hails. If you know this guy, please speak up now. If he goes onto a public ghost list, he'll become an involuntary tech/land farm for all of Purple. :dface

Shadrok

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 29, 2009, 01:34:15 PM
Quote from: Shadrok on May 28, 2009, 01:06:08 PM

Currently, I have 815, 224, 181, 118, and 27 days.

Well that beats my 126, 88, and 65 days

Quote from: Tezkat on May 28, 2009, 02:08:08 PM
In other news... who the hell is this guy?

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=318102

Not that I object to new members or anything, but this guy looks like he might be ghosting...

Quote from: Tezkat on May 29, 2009, 02:52:02 PM
Well, thus far our new possible ghost has not responded to hails. If you know this guy, please speak up now. If he goes onto a public ghost list, he'll become an involuntary tech/land farm for all of Purple. :dface

Don't know them.

I'm all for ghost listing them if after 15 or 20 days there is still no response and no one knows who they are.

Valynth

I have no idea who he is.

I'm not against new people joining or people being in a state of hibernation since I myself haven't been doing much more than keeping my country up, but I occasionally post here and can be reached for talks, ect.

*votes in favor of putting him on a ghost list after the watching time period.*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

Tezkat

I don't mind people who sign up and sit on their asses all day. I mean... we're all a bunch of hippies, really. :animesweat I just want to know who they are and how to reach them...

Okay, then. I'll give him a grace period and poke him some more to see if he responds. Unless he does something naughty, of course. So far as I can tell, he hasn't been any fights yet and is making a living through tech trading.

By the way... we can assign up to three leadership slots per alliance with respect to access to the high level Pegasus boards of the new forum. Obviously, llearch and I will take the first two. Would anyone like the last one?

James StarRunner

Hmm... not sure if I'd be comfortable up in a command position.

And no idea who that guy may be.

Valynth

Quote from: Tezkat on May 29, 2009, 07:25:36 PM
By the way... we can assign up to three leadership slots per alliance with respect to access to the high level Pegasus boards of the new forum. Obviously, llearch and I will take the first two. Would anyone like the last one?

I suppose I should since I'm the third largest now...  Of course being a leader is not exactly what I'd like to do, but if things get exciting I suppose I'd become more active.

Ganurath

Quote from: Tezkat on May 29, 2009, 02:52:02 PM

Don't know them. If they ghost, can I farm too?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Tezkat

Quote from: Valynth on May 29, 2009, 09:43:33 PM
I suppose I should since I'm the third largest now...  Of course being a leader is not exactly what I'd like to do, but if things get exciting I suppose I'd become more active.

Well, you don't have to if it's not something you're comfortable with. It's effectively a high-level foreign affairs liaison position where you rub shoulders with the leaders of other alliances. They have three spots because a lot of alliances are run by a triumvirate rather than a single emperor or president. Between us, llearch and I are usually online enough to keep everyone in the loop. But since we're a hippie anarchist collective with no formal leadership, I figured it would only be fair to put the last slot up for grabs if someone wants it.

There's also mask level below Pegasus Leadership on the forums for regular government members, if you'd prefer to give that a try.

Essentially, as people from DMFA start trickling over onto the Purple forums, the admins need to know how to mask them.

Most of the really important discussion takes place in private IRC channels anyway, mind you...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 29, 2009, 07:49:55 PM
Hmm... not sure if I'd be comfortable up in a command position.
But the best leaders are the ones who have to be dragged into it ;)

Darkdragon

I've never heard of the guy. I wonder how that person heard of us, as we aren't exactly high on the radar by any means.

I'm torn as to what my fancy title should be. I have half a mind to be a Kierkeguardian, and the other something more draconic. Any suggestions?

insidexml

:U You know, I still don't really get how the whole 'enviroment' thing works.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

James StarRunner

Basically the more nukes people drop, the worse the environment gets for the planet as a whole.

There's also some factors with importing certain materials too (coal, lead, uranium...)

insidexml

:U I wish my enviroment was better.

-Baroquemonger

James StarRunner

Ya... People are happier when they haven't mutated an arm dangling from their forehead. :P

Tezkat

Since one of the major patches last year, worsening environment decreases population, thus decreasing income and military capacity. Obviously, global thermonuclear war screws things up for everyone. :animesweat

With respect to the mask thing... I'm just gonna leave llearch and myself on the list for now. If anyone wants an upgrade, give a holler and I'll ask the admins to change your mask.

Ganurath

Quote from: Tezkat on May 30, 2009, 04:34:31 PMObviously, global thermonuclear war screws things up for everyone. :animesweat
*makes to put the cluebat away*

Lesson learned, then?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY