Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, goodie. Just in time for me heading offline for 3 weeks, in 2 weeks time... :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkdragon

Wouldn't three weeks of inactivity delete your account?

----------

Anyways, what's the update status on the war? From what I've glanced over a flurry of DoWs has occurred, including most of Poseidon et alli. Being a microalliance, the chances of us being attacked are slim, but its best to prepare for the worst, right?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkdragon on April 24, 2009, 04:24:41 AM
Wouldn't three weeks of inactivity delete your account?

Correct. Hence why I intend to be a tiny bit active. Just enough to avoid the heat-death of the universe. ;-]

Tezkat

Hmm... did we miss the war? :dface Most of Poseidon/Pegasus has already peaced out of their conflicts.

I didn't see any military coordination stuff at all on the Pegasus forums...
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

*sneak* *sneak* *sneak*

lucas marcone

they knew not to mess with us because you have the irish on your side and when you have an army of violent drunks, that are supernaturally lucky, on your side people tend to steer clear.

Ganurath

Quote from: Tezkat on May 02, 2009, 03:20:57 PM
Hmm... did we miss the war? :dface Most of Poseidon/Pegasus has already peaced out of their conflicts.

I didn't see any military coordination stuff at all on the Pegasus forums...

It would appear that we have dodged the bullet. Fewer days of economy-choking radiation to fret over, I suppose.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Darkdragon

And due to the war, Tezkat's managed to move into the top 5%, albeit barely.  :3

lucas marcone

did we loose someone? i could swear there was someone just above me in the alliance but now they seem to be gone...just when i was getting ready to pass them too

Tezkat

Well... the war is pretty much over. Our side lost. As of last night, the Continuum no longer exists. With Valhalla's recent surrender, Purple no longer has any ties to the fighting.

Purple took major huge hit in this conflict. Valhalla is a shadow of its former strength. The other Poseidon alliances lost about a million NS each. Our Pegasus buddies BAPS and Olympus lost nearly half their net worth in the war.

So... we're now coordinating the rebuilding effort. Is anyone here willing/able to help with rebuilding aids? If so, how many $3 mil slots could you donate to the cause?

Darkdragon

With the war over, we could go dip into the warchest a little, right? I'm almost reaching the funds for my first wonder (I'm probably going with the Stock Market) then after that I could probably spare several three million slots (depending on how low into the warchest I want to dip).

Tezkat

Yeah. Warchests are as much for rebuilding as they are for fighting. It's unlikely that we'll see any conflicts on this scale for a while.

Just remember that you should be thinking about replenishing the kitty later on...

:mowcookie

Darkdragon

In that case, I should be able to spare 15 million (3 x 5), but then that dips into my warchest more than I really could afford.

Just remember which alliances we are allowed to aid as per terms of their surrender. I'm not too certain, but I think most surrender terms have clauses about receiving aid so it would be best if you ask if we can aid first.

insidexml

It's like the entire world is at war. I'm not even part of your alliance, and yet somehow I'm at war.

Which I'm winning, luckily enough.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: insidexml on May 16, 2009, 01:36:00 PM
It's like the entire world is at war. I'm not even part of your alliance, and yet somehow I'm at war.
As far as I've been able to gather, it seems that Cybernations has pretty much an annual World War.

Valynth

I wonder if the world dies if we get it to 1000 RADs....  Or we suddenly become ghoul colonies.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Ganurath

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 16, 2009, 02:10:10 PM
As far as I've been able to gather, it seems that Cybernations has pretty much an annual World War.
As far as I've been able to gather, I'm the only one who doesn't like this idea.

Valynth

Quote from: Ganurath on May 17, 2009, 02:46:12 PM
As far as I've been able to gather, I'm the only one who doesn't like this idea.

Well, otherwise, you just have nation states with flashy numbers.  And that gets boring really fast....  Even if you're an accountant.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Darkdragon

Quote from: Valynth on May 18, 2009, 01:14:45 AM

Well, otherwise, you just have nation states with flashy numbers.  And that gets boring really fast....  Even if you're an accountant.
In that case I should be an accountant. I can stay up all night pushing numbers in Excel charts to derive statistics which I find "useful". And not get bored.

Which is probably why I invest in troops in Galava despite probably not needing to. >.>

I wonder where Tezkat's gone, because I have no idea who I can send aid to, mainly because I can't ask the alliances because he (and llearch, who is on vacation) are the only ones which have forum masks on the forums where this information can be obtained. >.>

Ganurath

Quote from: Valynth on May 18, 2009, 01:14:45 AM

Actually, my friend's wife has a nation in some alliance of ultraconservatives that my friend has described as regularly attacking anyone they can. She doesn't actively participate in the wars, but she contributes by making her entire alliance's military infrastructure economically dependent upon her funding.

insidexml

It really sucks for me, since I've not got anybody in my alliance I can really turn to for help.

Mostly because it's just me in there. Aaand... one other inactive nation. :U
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

llearch n'n'daCorna

... you could always join our inactive alliance... ;-]

Tezkat

Quote from: Darkdragon on May 18, 2009, 02:35:17 AM
I wonder where Tezkat's gone, because I have no idea who I can send aid to, mainly because I can't ask the alliances because he (and llearch, who is on vacation) are the only ones which have forum masks on the forums where this information can be obtained. >.>

Yeah... sorry, I was a con all weekend and didn't really have time to keep up with forum stuff.

I haven't heard back from the other Pegasus peeps yet, though.

Darkdragon

Hmm... I hope you enjoyed the con, at the very least.

Perhaps they didn't see your first message, or didn't check the Pegasus forums due to internal turmoil. Have you tried knocking at the alliances' doors (read: forums)?

Tezkat

Yeah, the con was fun. Being geek-oriented, though, a lot of the stuff ran late into the night, so I'm a bit sleep deprived...

I actually don't have any accounts on our neighbours' forums. I'd kinda left that to our resident Doormat. Maybe I'll pop on IRC sometime and ask there.

If they want our monies, I'm sure they'll let us know eventually. :animesweat

Darkdragon

Our resident doormat has been spotted recently, perhaps he could be tracked down to pursue this issue?

I'm not too certain about them remembering, after all, we are pretty small in number compared to them and won't probably be remembered until some guy remembers about us and then contact us. It would leave a better impression if we went to them, especially since we know they could use a hand.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Our Resident Doormat is looking to see if he's been lynched while his back was turned. Nothing more, nothing less.

I certainly don't want to log into fifteen different forums from a webcafe... It's hard enough getting into this one...

Darkdragon

True. I understand.

o/ Resident Doormat.

lucas marcone

To: canadian bacon    From: blackrage    Date: 5/20/2009 1:54:18 AM

Subject: teaser

Message: ya know i could attack you and there's nothing anyone in your alliance could do about it.

this scares me because with my trade situation as it is he probably could as im making juuuuuuuuuust enough to keep my head above water.

Mao

Actually, he's pretty destroyable.  It's if his alliance wants to back him up on a random attack like that.  If not... he wouldn't be all that hard to pulp.