Oh-oh! Another Land Before Time Movie! Beware an Amber Rant?

Started by Akisohida, February 17, 2007, 08:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Halisstrad

I support this suggestion.

I don't think that Dwarfcon could stand up to your suggestions superluser :<

superluser

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on February 19, 2007, 11:29:46 PMI support this suggestion.

I don't think that Dwarfcon could stand up to your suggestions superluser :<

Owned by the page break!

I can think of nothing better suited to stop the Disney machine than images of a Snow White/Star Trek crossover LARP.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

Quote from: superluser on February 19, 2007, 11:08:15 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on February 19, 2007, 10:50:03 PMBecause disney wanted sequels on all their movies, or something. Except that one. Cause of those damn furries. Gotta hide that movie.
Funny.  They had a sequel to The Jungle Book (yes, llearch, the Disney film).  And TaleSpin.  And the Rocky and Bullwinkle film.  And an Underdog film (though non-furry).
Jungle Book was talking animals in a jungle more than a world of (to my memory) nothing but talking animals who dress up in clothes >.>

And talespin wasn't a movie. If it was, they really need to advertise more.

And rocky & bullwinkle doesn't count either... I don't know where you're getting that from.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on February 20, 2007, 12:03:37 AMJungle Book was talking animals in a jungle more than a world of (to my memory) nothing but talking animals who dress up in clothes >.>

Baloo and King Louie seemed pretty much in the furry mode, to me.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on February 20, 2007, 12:03:37 AMAnd rocky & bullwinkle doesn't count either... I don't know where you're getting that from.

I don't see how Rocky and Bullwinkle *couldn't* count.  Rocky and Bullwinkle were US citizens, attended a US university, had ties to the US government, wore clothes, &c.

Then you have Peabody, who has argued in front of courts of law, and is the legal guardian of Sherman.  I've also seen cleavage in Fractured Fairy Tales, which puts it firmly in the furry category, according to Brent Sienna.

``I've searched Fractured Fairy Tales for animal cleavage'' must be one of the saddest things ever said.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Angel

God, I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm really not. For all those who weren't sure about the ethics of TV execs, I present to you this.

A commercial just aired on Cartoon Network, proclaiming the start of a Land Before Time TV show.

So, ladies, gents, furries, robots, and boxes of all ages... Let the tirades commence.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Which has been mentioned. Here, let me help.

*clickety-clickety*

There you go. Isn't that easy?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Angel

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

ninjannihilator

Quote from: Alondro on February 18, 2007, 04:54:03 PM
*grrs*  Over-killing an idea for eternity is one of the things that motivated me to form an animation company.  Nothing motivates like burninating rage!   >:3
wow, no charles & charline.

Tiger_T

*snickers*  :giggle
All three of them seem to think the same about this. :rolleyes
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Lomgren

...I can still remember going to watch the original movie back in kindergarten when it first came out.  I think the whole class went as a field trip or something like that.  Now it's just the Series That Just Won't Die.

I'm with everyone else here when I have to ask "Why?  Why is another one being made?"

Manawolf

Corporate whores, of course, willing to milk as much money as they can out of product, no matter how much people hate them for doing so.

GabrielsThoughts

And let us not forget the dino babies new friend "Guiddo the flyer" I'm surprised the Italians haven't formed a Mob of some kind to keep this one off the shelves.

apperently this one is about flying dinasaurs, much in the same way the last one was about the little longnecks.

"Oh no!" cries Sarah's father  "the the little flyers will distroy us, even though they are so diminutive and fly south for the winter"

sarah replies "oh dad if you were a baby like me you'd realise that they are harmless, you grown up's are so stupid. . . and I think you need to find a replacement mommy for me stat.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aurawyn

Quote from: Reese Tora on February 18, 2007, 01:47:43 AM
(some 300 pages of comics viewed later)

I dunno, I think the first comic pretty much speaks for the sequals as a whole:

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_468.php

heh.. Wish I could read whats been written behind Amber and Fluffy in that one...  :mwaha

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: aurawyn on February 24, 2007, 04:22:49 AM
Quote from: Reese Tora on February 18, 2007, 01:47:43 AM
(some 300 pages of comics viewed later)

I dunno, I think the first comic pretty much speaks for the sequals as a whole:

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_468.php

heh.. Wish I could read whats been written behind Amber and Fluffy in that one...  :mwaha

something about corporate whores destroying a decent movie no doubt.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Nekomancer

The only way I can see that will end this onslaught of sequels is to get someone to infiltrate the studio, incert hidden inapropriate messages through out the show. Point it out on the internet. Get over-protective parents to start up an(or maybe several) angry mob. Have them storm the studio and burn it to the ground. :mwaha That should prevent any future sequel.

So, any volunteers.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Nekomancer on February 24, 2007, 06:54:11 PM
The only way I can see that will end this onslaught of sequels is to get someone to infiltrate the studio, incert hidden inapropriate messages through out the show. Point it out on the internet. Get over-protective parents to start up an(or maybe several) angry mob. Have them storm the studio and burn it to the ground. :mwaha That should prevent any future sequel.

So, any volunteers.

that didn't work to get rid of Pokemon, what makes you think this is any different?

ShiningShadow

I saw the promo on TV yesterday fricking flyers all over the damn place. This has to stop I swear I will get all the vids and have a bonfire anybody has marshmellows and hot dogs?

Goatmon

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 17, 2007, 08:26:46 PM
Oh god, I remember hearing about that movie, and experience tells me it'll be just as poorly-concieved as the last movies. NOTHING will ever beat the original. The original was an absolute masterpiece. Made me bawl like a baby, but then again, I was, like, five when I first saw it.

Don Bluthe is a talented movie-maker.  But, most of his work flopped at the Box Office (Even ones that were good, like Titan AE and The Rats of NIMH) so he stopped getting paid to make movies, and now he's stuck working on videogames last I heard. :/

ShiningShadow

Well at least the vid games are good at this point. *I think?* :doh.

Anri

Mabey a meteor will hit the studio, make the dinos go extinct. :3

Alondro

The Gneech, creator of Suburban Jungle, met Don Bluth at a convention.  Don even drew a sketch of Tiffany Tiger, as he liked the idea and characters of the comic.  ;)

Thus... through my acquaintance with Gneech, I shall soon entrap Don Bluth into my animation company dungeon!  Along with Amber and numerous other comic artists and animators!  Then when my power is great enough, I shall overthrow the Disney Empire and rule the animation universe with an iron paw!   :mwaha   

It'll be a paw, since I'm working on certain genetic modifications to hyper-evolve my physiology to the highest level possible!   :mwaha :mwaha

Then, after I've amassed a fortune beyond ven Bill Gates' wildest dreams, I shall use all the money to buy the souls of all the world's scientists, absorb the energy of the Sun, and transform myself INTO A GOD!!!   :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

*ain't delusions of grandure grand?*  ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

Quote from: Alondro on March 06, 2007, 09:04:29 AM
The Gneech, creator of Suburban Jungle, met Don Bluth at a convention.  Don even drew a sketch of Tiffany Tiger, as he liked the idea and characters of the comic.  ;)

Thus... through my acquaintance with Gneech, I shall soon entrap Don Bluth into my animation company dungeon!  Along with Amber and numerous other comic artists and animators!  Then when my power is great enough, I shall overthrow the Disney Empire and rule the animation universe with an iron paw!   :mwaha   

It'll be a paw, since I'm working on certain genetic modifications to hyper-evolve my physiology to the highest level possible!   :mwaha :mwaha

Then, after I've amassed a fortune beyond ven Bill Gates' wildest dreams, I shall use all the money to buy the souls of all the world's scientists, absorb the energy of the Sun, and transform myself INTO A GOD!!!   :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

*ain't delusions of grandure grand?*  ;)

as far as i know, bluth was only involved in the production of the first one..

as for overthrowing the disney empire, i think Hayao Miyazaki's doing that first.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

thegayhare

well actualy disney is busy part 2ing itself to death

Sunblink

Quote from: Goatmon on March 04, 2007, 02:22:55 AM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 17, 2007, 08:26:46 PM
Oh god, I remember hearing about that movie, and experience tells me it'll be just as poorly-concieved as the last movies. NOTHING will ever beat the original. The original was an absolute masterpiece. Made me bawl like a baby, but then again, I was, like, five when I first saw it.

Don Bluthe is a talented movie-maker.  But, most of his work flopped at the Box Office (Even ones that were good, like Titan AE and The Rats of NIMH) so he stopped getting paid to make movies, and now he's stuck working on videogames last I heard. :/

I loved Secret of NIMH to death too. I think I have the video somewhere around my house if it isn't among the plethora of cardboard boxes in our garage...

But is that really the case? That's a crying shame. :/ He's a great moviemaker... though I'm interested in what kind of video games he's been working on.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

GabrielsThoughts

According to wikipedia...

Quoteinformation was released, a rumour was spread that all five of the young dinosaurs died, with the Great Valley as an interpretation of heaven, as one of the deleted scenes.

so the truth is they are all dead, and can never age yep yep yep.

Wanderer

Because I never noticed this thread before, I must respond to something on the first page...

Mighty Max was AWESOME! :mowhappy I swear I need to threaten to disembowel somebody to get them to release that series on DVD. Until that works, I'll get back to tracking it down on Youtube. Someone had a bunch of episodes of it up there, as I recall...

As for the actual topic of the thread, I've only seen one Land Before Time movie. The first one. I liked it. ...How many are they up to now, anyway? 12?

GabrielsThoughts

the current number is 9, and I only know because I got into a discussion about this somewhere else. but if you include the television series the number is closer to 15

Aurawyn

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 13, 2007, 08:56:07 PM

According to wikipedia...

Quoteinformation was released, a rumour was spread that all five of the young dinosaurs died, with the Great Valley as an interpretation of heaven, as one of the deleted scenes.

so the truth is they are all dead, and can never age yep yep yep.

Mm ok.. Then..  Sara and Little Foot's Mothers are dead.. if The Great Vally is Heaven then where are they? :P

Aridas

They'd have to have changed the plot of the movie midway to be able to do all kinds of crap.