Oh-oh! Another Land Before Time Movie! Beware an Amber Rant?

Started by Akisohida, February 17, 2007, 08:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

Oh dear! Remember Itty Bitty Dinosaurs and Ambers rant? Think she will make another one about 'Day of The Flyers'? o.o
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

thegayhare

Sunblink

Oh god, I remember hearing about that movie, and experience tells me it'll be just as poorly-concieved as the last movies. NOTHING will ever beat the original. The original was an absolute masterpiece. Made me bawl like a baby, but then again, I was, like, five when I first saw it.

But chances are to not kill the joke, Amber might not do another short. That's entirely up to her, though.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

You know its bad when I know one thing for sure.....THEIR STILL BABIES!

Reese Tora

(some 300 pages of comics viewed later)

I dunno, I think the first comic pretty much speaks for the sequals as a whole:

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_468.php
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Sienna Maiu - M T

King Of Hearts

And yet...

There is little doubt It will sell [modestly if at all] and we will have this same discussion a couple of years from now.

Depressing, int it?

RJ

Turnsky

it'll be another 65 million years or so before the series actually DIES.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alondro

*grrs*  Over-killing an idea for eternity is one of the things that motivated me to form an animation company.  Nothing motivates like burninating rage!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: thegayhare on February 17, 2007, 08:18:21 PM
wanna make it worse?

there is also a serries comming out

But It did  have a telivision seies durring the early '90s. However, my loyalty was split between it and "Mighty Max" even then it was "The Land before time" all re-runs which consisted of maybe five or six episodes they played over and over again before it was cancelled, which means the series probably came out in the late '80's some how made it into syndication and Fox only purchased ten episodes. to be honest Mighty max made littlefoot look like a sissy.

wait my bad, it wasn't the land before time it was "Dink, the Little Dinosaur" Amazing how I got those two confused... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhjEAADcPzk
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Akisohida

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 18, 2007, 05:18:07 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on February 17, 2007, 08:18:21 PM
wanna make it worse?

there is also a serries comming out

But It did  have a telivision seies durring the early '90s. However, my loyalty was split between it and "Mighty Max" even then it was "The Land before time" all re-runs which consisted of maybe five or six episodes they played over and over again before it was cancelled, which means the series probably came out in the late '80's some how made it into syndication and Fox only purchased ten episodes. to be honest Mighty max made littlefoot look like a sissy.

wait my bad, it wasn't the land before time it was "Dink, the Little Dinosaur" Amazing how I got those two confused... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhjEAADcPzk

Mighty Max rocked! :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Zedd

Ah I so thought Norman was kickbutt

Roureem Egas

It's been so long since I've seen it. Kinda terrible way to end the series, even if it was dying.

Boog

It's like they're trying to pull a final fantasy with kids movies, but without actually changing anything from one to the next. My poor childhood...

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Turnsky on February 18, 2007, 07:06:33 AM
No, after that, the next life forms* that inhabit Earth will make movies about us, and it still won't be any better.

*Or maybe it'll still be humans. Who knows.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Caswin

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on February 18, 2007, 07:22:31 PM
I neeeeeed the might max series :<
"I will teach you a thousand subtle shades of pain... a hundred ways to die... before I lay your lifeless body on my master's table."

Sounds like something I'd hear around these forums. x.x
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Madd the Sane

When did they make the announcement they were making a Land Before Time movie in '07?
Or are they?  :mowdizzy
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I thought that was what Caswin was stating - "We're going to make a LbT movie in 07, I will teach you a thousand subtle shades of pain...."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

Quote from: Turnsky on February 18, 2007, 07:06:33 AM

Give me a tractor beam for positioning and a lot of spare thrusters. I'll see if I can't drop an asteroid on them or something. :P

Alondro

Quote from: Akisohida on February 18, 2007, 07:19:59 PM

*grins*  And what do you know!  We're having the guy who voiced Mighty Max (Rob Paulsen) as a guest of honor at Anthrocon this year! 

I guess you'll all have to come now.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Akisohida

Quote from: Alondro on February 19, 2007, 01:20:37 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on February 18, 2007, 07:19:59 PM

*grins*  And what do you know!  We're having the guy who voiced Mighty Max (Rob Paulsen) as a guest of honor at Anthrocon this year! 

I guess you'll all have to come now.   >:3
I wish I could! ;.;

Aleolus

Oh, dear god!  Not another one!  I mean, the first 800 sequels were bad enough, they need to make more???  The very first Land Before Time was ok, especially for little kids, but after that they just got repetitive.

GabrielsThoughts

It's because now a days if you want to have your Ideas seen you have to attatch it to a franchise, otherwise a studio won't take the risk on you loosing them money... while we're on the subject why did they make a second let alone a third cinderella movie?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aridas

Because disney wanted sequels on all their movies, or something. Except that one. Cause of those damn furries. Gotta hide that movie.

Kenji

These guys are surviving through an awful lot of eras, and in no particular order. And you'd think after so many years, they'd grow an inch or two.

Maybe they're the gap between dinos and reptiles. They didn't go extinct, they just got smaller!

ShiningShadow

That movie Land Before Time for 07 I could think of many ways to help this movie. Let's see the scene from Acpoylpse Now when that jet drop napalm and those words * I love the smell of Napalm in the morning* Classic and funny. Also have the cast of LBT meet Aliens oh yeah chestbursters galore  >:3 >:3.I have some more but right now I must go to corner and start thinking ways of killing this very slowly hmmmmmmmmmmm I know Amber has some ideas on this subject does she?

Zedd

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on February 19, 2007, 10:50:03 PMBecause disney wanted sequels on all their movies, or something. Except that one. Cause of those damn furries. Gotta hide that movie.

Funny.  They had a sequel to The Jungle Book (yes, llearch, the Disney film).  And TaleSpin.  And the Rocky and Bullwinkle film.  And an Underdog film (though non-furry).

Anyways, you make it sound like not having a sequel is a bad thing.  I think we should try to attach fake fetishes to each Disney film.  GenieCon 2008!  SlipperCon 2008!

Sleeping Beauty would be a cinch.  Did you know that in the original, Prince Charming had sex with her in her sleep, and that she woke up when she delivered the baby?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?