The Castle (OOC) - Open

Started by Stygian, February 14, 2007, 05:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

Allo, Lucas. And no, I haven't seen what you mentioned, but I know the play. I recommend you look it up. I haven't seen it myself, but I heard it was pretty awesome.

And Aisha, slight typo I feel I should mention... you typed Keaton rather than Ketefe heading down with the others.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aisha deCabre

Actually, that wasn't a typo.  Keaton went with us.

And also, welcome back, good to have Ketefe back in the fight.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Angel

Whoof. Longest. Post. EVER. Sorry 'bout that.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Been hitting the thesaurus, there, Keaton? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 02, 2007, 12:55:20 PM
Been hitting the thesaurus, there, Keaton? ;-]

Um...

Noooooooooooooooooo?  :U

...Okay, yes. XD I always hit the thesaurus. It's the reason my vocabulary is so obscenely large--because I'm always looking shit up.

I hit it because I love it. :<

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Sunblink

Ugh, sorry to double post, but I decided to post this:

I really hate to do this, but I've decided not to debut Lianna in the Castle, since my interest in playing her has waned in favor of a different character. I loathe substituting characters after posting up their profiles, but... eh. I'd probably be pretty unhappy if I played a character which I had no enthusiasm for.

Instead, here's a different character coming when this current catastrophe is over:

Name: Tikal Diethelm St. Zerachiel
Nickname(s): Father Tikal, Tik, Ivory, the Saint, Elysium
Race: Angel
Species: Unknown variation of jackal
Family and Association(s): Adopted 'Mother' (Admiranda St. Zerachiel); Caretaker (Aviadne St. Zerachiel); Biological family unknown. Is closely affiliated with a cathedral of a relatively small religion known as the Agape.
Place of Origin: Was raised in an unnamed, quaint village; actual place of birth unknown

Physical description

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 155 lbs
Build: Lean, but not fragile. In good shape
Eyes: Brown (right eye); Cranberry red-purple (left eye)
Hair: Smooth alabaster with a slightly blond tinge to the very edges of his locks; similar to his base fur coloration
Fur Coloration: Same as his hair color—a velveteen alabaster with tinges of blond
Distinguishing Features: Very handsome in facial features and voice, speaking with a very refined, smooth dialect. Contrasting against the alabaster-blond of his hair and fur are the spiraling black markings curling along the contours of his back, burgeoning from the back of his neck and trailing down his spine and across the subtle curve of his hips, ending at his tail. Black markings cover his forearms and forelegs. Highly intricate tattoos, reminiscent of elaborate stripes and swirls of warpaint in various patterns, are present in a tangled vine of circles and complicated twisting shapes on his left arm, while a smaller, similarly patterned vine sits over his right eyebrow. A blue crescent curves around his left eye, accentuated by curly twists of purple. The plumage of his wings is fringed with purple, while the primary feathers are decorated in black spirals. A strangely ornate sun is the symbol for his religion, which is located on a few diamond-shaped labels on his outfit. He often wears a heavy cowl over his robes, which possess a wide hole in the back so to allow his wings to stretch free. Most of the time, Tikal keeps his wings hidden through an enchanted amulet resting on the label on his breast.

Biographical and general information

History: Very little is known about Tikal's history, although it can be assumed by his reluctance to indulge anyone of his past that his early years haven't exactly been pleasant. According to him, he has never had a true mother figure in his life—and that's all he mentions. All that is known besides that sparse information is that there was a great guidance in his life which resulted in him becoming a representative of the religion he preaches for, something he looks back on rather fondly. For some time Tikal has been adventuring on his own, influencing people through acts of goodwill and charity as opposed to actively forcing his beliefs down their throat, sometimes involuntarily drawing the presences of various characters towards him.

Tikal is more outspoken about his reasons for beginning his adventure. He claims that the church he once lived at had lifted him out of the darkness which his life once was, and that it was about time he helped return their kindness by paying such treatment forward. The religion Tikal advocates is a small organization, developed as an offshoot of a larger religion. Many people are unaware of its existence, but its few followers are highly devoted despite their obscurity.

Personality: Tikal is a gentleman. Soft-spoken, eloquent, and polite in mannerisms, he's generally a very pleasant furre to interact with and be around, not to mention the antithesis of the manipulative, avaricious stereotype of his race. He is almost unflappable in demeanor, possessing a stone-cold resolve and equally resolute devotion for his faith, all of which revolves around the concept of unconditional love and forgiveness. And love is precisely what Tikal gives. He is surprisingly tolerant and open-minded, although such a thing can easily be attributed through his Creature heritage and the occasional trials that come with it.

This does not mean that Tikal is a passive individual. While he is refined and polite, Tikal will not look past the outrageous abuse of others and will go out of his way to protect those who have been unjustly beaten and kicked down. There is nothing he despises more than intolerance and brutality, so when he sees either exercised he cannot help but feel repulsed. Due to his distaste for fighting he rarely lifts his gun, but will not hesitate to protect himself if he is threatened. Otherwise, he is extremely peaceful and benevolent, and wouldn't harm a fly.

Abilities:
Marksman; ability to turn skin into razor-sharp diamond; heightened speed and reflexes; extensive Light magic abilities. Carries around a bag which contains basic ammunition for his gun, and various possessions, including a few religious trinkets.

Strengths: When shoved into combat, Tikal is a force to be reckoned with. Speaking superficially, Tikal is nothing special as far as magical abilities go—he shares the same powers as every Angel, such as the affinity and inclination towards Light-oriented magic, the ability to harden his skin into a diamond-like substance or sharpen his body and the heightened speed and senses. However, while his physical abilities are unintimidating, Tikal's Light magic capabilities are immense. When all else fails Tikal has a gun (more information in 'Trivia') secreted within his cowl, which he has grown rather adept at using.

Weaknesses: 
Tikal rarely fights, and outright refuses to use his abilities in a corrupt manner. The gun he uses, as well as his numerous abilities, are all strictly reserved until the case of an absolute emergency, such as when he is severely threatened or there is no other option than to use force. In other words, a pacifistic philosophy is Tikal's foremost weakness. Otherwise, Tikal lacks hand-to-hand combat prowess, and once disarmed and stripped of all options he's rather vulnerable. His endurance without the utilization of his diamond skin-form is very low, making him prone to physical and magical attacks, and even when his skin is hardened his defense is weaker compared to other Angels'.

Trivia:
-   The gun Tikal uses is a Smith & Wesson Model 500. It is called "Elysium," a subtle tribute to the German lyrics in Ludwig Van Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
-   Tikal has a habit of singing to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony while he's fighting. He has studied German and is fluent in it, so he doesn't mispronounce any of the German lyrics. His singing voice is very handsome, melodic.
-   Tikal is secretly afraid of spiders. Insectis and spider-morphs are excluded from his phobia, since he finds he is more frightened of the less humanoid spiders with creepy-crawly appendages and beady eyes.
-   Appropriately, Tikal's theme song is "Symphony no. 9," by Ludwig Van Beethoven.
-   The amulet on Tikal's breast, which is bewitched to hide his wings, is in the same shape that the crest for his religion is. He can deactivate it by touching the decorative jewel in its center and giving it a surge of magic.
-   Tikal hardly ever curses. When he does, one should probably be wary.

lol the character profile format has been so blatantly stolen from the Northern Winds RP because I can't come up with something myself. I AM A LAUGH RIOT. :B

~Keaton the Black Jackal

lucas marcone

you're still gonna play with Keaton right? I have some good character development planned ahead!

Sunblink

Quote from: lucas marcone on November 11, 2007, 01:28:36 AM
you're still gonna play with Keaton right? I have some good character development planned ahead!

Absolutely. XD Keaton's my baby. She isn't going anywhere.

OR IS SHE?!

*thunder crashes in the background*

...no, she still isn't going anywhere. Don't worry. X3 Though be prepared that if Ian confronts Keaton, he might get a violent reaction... she's touchy. :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Stygian

Angel, I am sorry I didn't say anything earlier, but... I don't think that Ketefe could jump back up those stairs. The section broken off is too big, and the stairs too steep for that. She'd have to be able to jump up onto the roof of a one-story house without using anything for leverage or a step-off. If she's just a regular being...

Angel

BANDWAGON JUMP!

Mel Dragonkitty

Lucas, would it change your post any if I pointed out that the stated marching order had Ian behind Cog and Ketefe? By going down he is heading for the giant hole of doom.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

lucas marcone

not really i mean they were pretty spread out in order to prevent the stairs from going fubar and look how well THAT worked out :P now might be a good time for you to wake up though. i mean your a dragon how long can a puny spider woman knock you out for lol.

Mel Dragonkitty

What I meant was you have to go back up. There is a big hole you can't jump over if you try to go down. And in RP time Mel has probably been unconcious less than a minute.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Gareeku

Insulting people when they are trying to help never did anyone any good, Lucas.

lucas marcone

cog we are on the platform. keats hauled ass for them just before the fight began and i just now got to it.

EDIT: but if the DM is going with the same reasoning i guess were on the stairs then.

lucas marcone

it might be a while before i post because a friend of mine is being pretty much shuned by his entire church for playing Magic the Gathering tradeing card game. they want him to burn his cards in order to continue to go to church there and because i play the same game and am related to the proprioters of the establishment and am good friends with one of their children i am LIVID and need a while to cool down.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Isn't that three choices, Stygian?

just sayin'...

Stygian

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 09, 2007, 09:38:24 PM
Isn't that three choices, Stygian?

just sayin'...

Possibly. She's aiding or working against him either way. But I guess I should write it as three instead.

Stygian

Now, we come to a curious plot twist here. Seeing as how I'm going to be leaving for seventeen days, I will hand over control of the Castle RP... to everyone. Now, this is not as fun as it might sound; freeform RP though it may be, you have to pretty much maintain status quo. The challenge, however, is to squeeze in as much fighting, character development and inching toward death as possible.

Ketefe, listening to the 'voices' will give you a path that leads downward and toward Asmodai and Rynkura. It will seem pretty senseless though, with such things as walking through walls, turning around and walking back only to find yourselves on an entirely new path, Escher-esque situations where the geometry of the place seems thought-defying and you begin to walk onto walls or in the ceiling or above yourselves, etcetera...

The party up top will have to contend with things starting to literally come out of the walls. And should anyone choose to go down to help the others, it will be an irrevocable choice, because as soon as you go down long enough and take your eyes off the exit, it will 'disappear' behind you and you will be going down the maze along with the others.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cogidubnus

Aisha deCabre

Ah, Boog, you have noticed that Aisha has been hacking away at the statue and using the speed amulet in the last post?  You haven't acknowledged that she's actually hit anything at all.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Angel

(ahem) Lucas? There is no Cogesque. There's an Ian, a Jeremiah, and an Aisha, but no Cog, I think.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Black_angel on January 11, 2008, 04:53:20 PM
(ahem) Lucas? There is no Cogesque. There's an Ian, a Jeremiah, and an Aisha, but no Cog, I think.

No, there is one. Can't really compare with my dashing good looks, of course, but...  ;)

Stygian

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 11, 2008, 05:15:08 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on January 11, 2008, 04:53:20 PM

No, there is one. Can't really compare with my dashing good looks, of course, but...  ;)

He has a tennis ball for a head. I'd say there's a significant improvement right there.

Boog

*Ahem* Ian? The Ianesque did die. Cog stabbed it.

lucas marcone

...ok....maybe he um....i dunno..... :B

Cogidubnus

Gentlemen,

As much as I love what Boog's been doing with the monsters, and as much as I love fighting myself, if only to gaze at the beauty that is, indeed, myself, things seemed to have...stalled, somewhat.
I'm not complaining, mind, but I do think that perhaps we should take some steps to remedy this.

No offense to Boog, but it's apparent that you might have stuff going on, or that perhaps we're waiting for something that I've neglected or cannot see. Either way...if I may humbly suggest, we might just want to move along with this particular bit and get back to the storyline so far.
What I'm trying to say is that while we're enjoying Boog's temporary GM'ing, it's getting somewhat slow, and we have the means to get back to the normal swing of things.

Believe me when I say I mean no offense, here. I'm just trying to get things moving again.

Gareeku

I think me and Aisha are fighting against different statues. However, that's only what i've interpreted from what i've read.

lucas marcone

you may auto Ian untill i catch up if you feel the need. i kinda stoped checking for a while but ill be back soon.