2007/02/14 Flower Power

Started by Tiger_T, February 13, 2007, 09:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

*Charles erfs*  Cheets is certainly a female feline!  Had it not been for the spots and the lack of fear of spiders, I'd have mistaken her for Charline!  Bah, they're all alike!   :mowtongue
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alan Garou

RJ

'A' So scary...

:[ But I'd probably do the same...

xHaZxMaTx

Remind me never to get on your good side.  Same goes for the bad.  I'll just stay over here, where it's neutral.

Stygian

And I remember the time I thought you were cute, RJ...  *Hums, then snickers and laughs*

Caswin

And a second look before going to bed reveals some surprisingly interesting background work.  Nice touch.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Yugo

:erk I concur with Mr. Hazardous Materials.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Attic Rat

I have read that the definition of love is to regard another's happiness above your own.
Today, I deliberately plunged my hand into recently-boiling water simply to prevent a mess from occurring by the fault of a co-worker's mistake. By this and many similar incidents it appears I regard my own happiness as rather lacking in value. By this equation, I can calculate that I must love almost everyone...
That's funny, since there is no chance short of a miracle that I will find any love in return on this Valentine's Day, any more than other the 50 Valentine's Days I've seen.
By the way, my hand is just fine. One can withstand quite a lot of heat if its application is brief enough.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Nino

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 13, 2007, 09:55:34 PM
Quote from: Kattuccino on February 13, 2007, 09:53:36 PM
Quote from: Valynth on February 13, 2007, 09:49:43 PM
My Valentines day = angst, angst, and scattered depressions.

Anyway, happy "make singles feel miserable" day!

Only single females really. The sadness men feel for being single seems to make up not having to buy a huge dinner, chocolates, and cater to a woman's every wish for a day.

Speak for yourself!   :<

Really? See, it's always the women I hear whining about it. A lot of guys here at my college don't care about relationships, only hookups, leaving two types of females: the sluts and the sad lonely girls who want a decent guy like me =( Of course, I actually do have someone special to me this year, but we both decided that it just wouldn't work because of the distance. Suckage all around.

And Amber's character designs for females are hopefully more fleshed out than what they appear to be for the Mikelo comic. Mikelo seems like the classic gay bishie (he seems EXACTLY like Abel in Abel's story), Cheets seems like the common tough girl (Wildy), that one weird creature seems like an "M" rated Mab, and then there's the emo... eh. Watching men get beat up loses its charm after the 40th time.

Of course, I will still read anything Amber dishes out. And I love Mikelo even if he is a bishie <3

Wanderer

...Comic needs more Boko.

That is all.

thegayhare

Quote from: BillBuckner on February 13, 2007, 10:16:56 PM
How do you hate a holiday that involves the ingestion of candy? D:

when you've been dumped twice on that day,  one of which ended up costing me 1000 bucks

Ps thanks Keaton  and from other threads thanks Stygian, and superluser. 

I had some help with this one

Zedd

Least I can try be someones valintine...Neverless heres a card with a kiss for everyone

Yugo

Valentines for everyone! Yay! -dances-

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on February 13, 2007, 11:05:15 PMwhen you've been dumped twice on that day,  one of which ended up costing me 1000 bucks

That sucks.  I wish there were some way I could help.

Quote from: Action Jesus on February 13, 2007, 11:22:03 PMValentines for everyone! Yay! -dances-

I think I'll feel strange writing love poetry for an electronic card.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Slipdance

I think I posted this here a year or two back, but it bears repeating especially due to Cheets' predicament:

"Valentine's day?  Aw, crap!  I forgot to get a girlfriend again!"
-Philip J. Fry

GabrielsThoughts

St. Valentine the human or St.Valintine the corporate demon of loathing and chalky candy hearts? :)
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Valynth

They work in tandem.

Anyway, I really need to do something to attract a girlfriend, anyone know what I can do to achieve such a goal?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Kenji

Valynth

Quote from: Kenji on February 13, 2007, 11:40:10 PM
Money, power, fame, act gay?

going to college, I try not to lie, I'm not photogenic, I'm too much of a manly man.

Well, I'm doomed on all fronts.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Kenji

Well, according to a recent study... there's always sweat. X3

Amber Williams

I wouldn't worry Kattuccino, Mikelo and Cheets are actually acting somewhat out of canon for the sake of a Valentine gag. (In "reality" Cheets works as a life-guard and freelance fashion-designer...both places aren't really ideal for flowers being sent to work.  That and if Cheets really wanted flowers she'd just send them to herself.)

Valentine's Comics are usually done as a means for me to take a break from DMFA and make a quick potshot gag...usually at Mikelo's expense.  They are meant to be taken simply for humour value.  Which I admit is why I'm kind of sad the thread is full of people so angry at this update.  It was my hope that the comic would cause a few people to chuckle and feel better about the day...rather than rub salt in supposed wounds.  :/

Yugo

People are angry? D= There's nothing to be angry about. It's funny, not anger-inducing.  The Amber-lady is sad now. -hugs the amber-

thegayhare

*pet pets*
sorry ma'am I did like the comic

I'm just being gloomy

Nino

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 13, 2007, 11:45:29 PM
I wouldn't worry Kattuccino, Mikelo and Cheets are actually acting somewhat out of canon for the sake of a Valentine gag. (In "reality" Cheets works as a life-guard and freelance fashion-designer...both places aren't really ideal for flowers being sent to work.  That and if Cheets really wanted flowers she'd just send them to herself.)

Valentine's Comics are usually done as a means for me to take a break from DMFA and make a quick potshot gag...usually at Mikelo's expense.  They are meant to be taken simply for humour value.  Which I admit is why I'm kind of sad the thread is full of people so angry at this update.  It was my hope that the comic would cause a few people to chuckle and feel better about the day...rather than rub salt in supposed wounds.  :/

Aww Amber, we're angry at the day, not at you.

And your ability to flesh out characters is awesome. I'm sure when you start the comic it'll be great =)

Yugo

Aye. The comic made me laugh when a day that I normally greatly dislike is drawing near. That's something to be happy about, not sad. Everybody hug Amber!

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on February 13, 2007, 11:48:38 PM*pet pets*
sorry ma'am I did like the comic

I'm just being gloomy

What he said.

You attached people get 365.2425 days to gloat at us about all the ``snug time'' that we're not getting.  We just need one day to remind everybody else about how we feel.

The comic was actually pretty good, especially seeing Mikelo getting his comeuppance for not jumping at the opportunity to do something nice...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Manawolf

Does he know that St. Valentine was clubbed to death for what he was doing?  I don't think he'll mind a punch in the kidneys.

Toric

Ah, the things we do for friends. Love, fear, what's the difference as long as it gets you flowers in the end? >:3
Yap by Silver.

Damaris

That is why I heartily believe in being mean to everyone who looks remotely happy on Valentine's Day- and why Darkmoon and I refuse to celebrate it.  It's a stupid, money grubbing holiday, and Sweetest Day is just as bad.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Distracting

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 13, 2007, 11:45:29 PM

I'll admit that I'm single and yet I laughed at it a bit...although a bit of it is because I could see almost the same thing happening to me. Well, at least I know I'll be laughing pretty hard if it does happen to me...or anybody else. Then again, I'll most likely be a nuisance to everyone around me today. I have this odd habit of sneaking up on people without them knowing about it...I'm surprised I'm not hit more often...

St. Valentine clubbed to death? Then getting a kidney punch would be like adding insult to injury. Well, at least there's more lame ways to die, plus he's remembered and did something so it can't have been completely bad.

I blame delayed teenage angst for 46 percent of the world's problems.