Abel 2007-02-03: The cameo charaters are dead

Started by Meech, February 02, 2007, 09:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

LOL
not much tea Zedd mostly diet strawberries and cream pepsi

but I grew up an army brat so you learn a few things

Damaris
I've never understood why twit is considered an insult...  (I agree with you that name calling is uncalled for here)

I just wonder why it's offensive to be called a pregnent goldfish

Kenji

Quote from: thegayhare on February 04, 2007, 12:06:16 PM
I just wonder why it's offensive to be called a pregnent goldfish

Caviar and golden skin... that's usually a status symbol. o:

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on February 04, 2007, 01:47:44 AMThe instructor can still critique those who pass the lesson,  He mearly neededs to observe from a deacent vantage point.

Well, fair enough.  I'm already assuming that he wasn't in the part of the tower that got iced, but I really do think that the other tower would not be a good vantage point.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

thegayhare

Quote from: superluser on February 04, 2007, 01:01:42 PM
Well, fair enough.  I'm already assuming that he wasn't in the part of the tower that got iced, but I really do think that the other tower would not be a good vantage point.

neither do I

In fact I don't think he was in the fort at all.  I'd say he was most likely in the trees behind Xander and Devins position, where he could observe the battle with out interfearing. I'm saying that selev's brother was in the other tower.  the teacher was no where in the building

Damaris

TGH:

Twit- 3.  Slang A foolishly annoying person.

That would be why.  Yes, it's not the rudest thing ever, but there is still no need.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Stygian

And so? I am usually very considerate, conceding even at times. But sometimes I just get tired. And there are times when it is better to simply speak your mind, are there not? I wanted to be clear, for once. And hopefully point something out by being so.

Also, who is to say that the demon master simply used a scrying spell? Really... He is quite willing to sacrifice some students, and you suppose that he would want to check on them at all times? Perhaps he even wanted them all dead and is simply not telling Kria. Hells...

ShiningShadow

Then the demon teacher is weeding out the weakest demons to find the strongest and henceforth Kria passed with flying colors. But there is that mothering soft side to her which we never seen here in DMFA. I have a feeling that this incident will not be forgotten but it will grow to the boiling point of utter revenge if Abel ever finds out that Kria was there when this whole thing went down and Abel wants his pound of demon flesh.

superluser

Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 05, 2007, 07:20:04 AMif Abel ever finds out that Kria was there when this whole thing went down and Abel wants his pound of demon flesh.

How's he going to get that without a drop of blood?  :B

Damaris

There is a difference between telling someone they are acting like a twit, and calling them a twit, Stygian.  Just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they're stupid.  You are not the forseer of all, unless you have a much closer relationship with Amber then I thought.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

superluser

Quote from: Damaris on February 05, 2007, 08:04:20 AMJust because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they're stupid.

You know I can still hear you guys, right?

I mean, you know how I enjoy being reminded that someone thinks that I'm a twit for three days... :|

Gabi

Quote from: superluser on February 05, 2007, 08:32:13 AM
Quote from: Damaris on February 05, 2007, 08:04:20 AMJust because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they're stupid.

You know I can still hear you guys, right?

I mean, you know how I enjoy being reminded that someone thinks that I'm a twit for three days... :|
There will always be someone with a bad opinion of you, and that doesn't mean he/she's right. More often than not it means that person has a problem.

Nothing personal against Stygian either, I just mean to say there's no reason to let it get to you.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: superluser on February 05, 2007, 08:02:21 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 05, 2007, 07:20:04 AMif Abel ever finds out that Kria was there when this whole thing went down and Abel wants his pound of demon flesh.

How's he going to get that without a drop of blood?  :B

He could become a barber, as long as it's still attached hair could technically be considered flesh (abusing the definition very much).  Don't think I want to see a bald Kria though!

thegayhare

Quote from: Damaris on February 04, 2007, 10:07:28 PM
TGH:

Twit- 3.  Slang A foolishly annoying person.

That would be why.  Yes, it's not the rudest thing ever, but there is still no need.

Oh I know ma'am
Mostly I was just being silly  but truthfully I ponder how it became and insult

It haunts me a in the dead of the night... Some time I wake up screaming "WHY.... Why the goldfish"

*giggles*

Aleolus

Well, it's a good thing Goldy's a paladin.  She can heal her sight, and if any of her comrades survived, she can heal them up as well.  Otherwise, they'd be screwed.

Roureem Egas

Problem with that, Aleolus. From what I've read, Glory was already blind when she came in, so if she was able to fix up her eyesight, she'd likely have done it a long time ago.

I've never heard of paladins being able to restore eyesight or anything like that from any sort of setting that'd include them anyway. :/

ShiningShadow

Neither have I and I played enough RPG's to know this. Unless there is a Shaman maybe capable enough to restore sight. I don't know I'm just speculating here.

Manawolf

Dragon Shaman's from D&D can restore sight with their touch of vitality, but they have to be of a pretty high level to be able to use it for that purpose.  Cleric's can use it at their 2nd spell level, but by the looks of things there isn't enough divine intervention floating around Furrae for that.  While D&D is swarming with deities to worship and be granted power from, the most we've heard of religion in Furrae was the cults dragons have tried to start, and while they can be powerful, they are not of the same caliber as a deity.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Manawolf on February 05, 2007, 12:04:02 PM
Dragon Shaman's from D&D can restore sight with their touch of vitality, but they have to be of a pretty high level to be able to use it for that purpose.  Cleric's can use it at their 2nd spell level, but by the looks of things there isn't enough divine intervention floating around Furrae for that.  While D&D is swarming with deities to worship and be granted power from, the most we've heard of religion in Furrae was the cults dragons have tried to start, and while they can be powerful, they are not of the same caliber as a deity.

Cool I never saw it that way before. Make me more appreciated on the D&D series. Thanks for that insight.

superluser

Quote from: Gabi on February 05, 2007, 09:15:17 AMThere will always be someone with a bad opinion of you, and that doesn't mean he/she's right. More often than not it means that person has a problem.

I'm actually not offended by anything that's been said here.  I'm mainly bothered by the fact that there's a discussion about me going on, but everyone's talking around me, and I don't seem to be invited to the discussion.

Quote from: Aleolus on February 05, 2007, 11:23:55 AMWell, it's a good thing Goldy's a paladin.

No, no.  Glory's a paladin.  Goldy's a twit.

Teroniss

See, the main problem i have with the theory that thats not Kammi in second panel is that the ice spell that hit Selev burst through the whole tower in a wide building encompassing area of effect, also breaking windows. The figure in the second panel not only has enough room to show their full figure, but the windows are unbroken. Now sure you could say the ice melted, but then, why didnt whats impaling them melt too? Also, why isnt the window broken. Only answer, thats Kammi, not Selev, and thats not the tower Devin hit.

Kenji

Well the impalement object looks too smooth and linear to be ice, anways. Ice lances and shards don't tend to be that smooth.

Either way... dead body silhouettes are always a nice touch.

Aridas

Besides. It's not as if only two out of 3 dead bodies they actually show are going to be the good guys >.>

Zedd

Not to mention who has to be the cleaner to dispose of the bodies...And make sure they stay hidden

Damaris

Sorry, superluster.  Although it was less of a discussion, and more of a e-whap to Stygian's head, if that makes you feel any better.

Stygian

Quote from: Damaris on February 05, 2007, 08:04:20 AM
There is a difference between telling someone they are acting like a twit, and calling them a twit, Stygian.  Just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they're stupid.  You are not the forseer of all, unless you have a much closer relationship with Amber then I thought.

I never stated anything in the first place, but simply wanted to end the pointless comments and get on with something more engaging pertaining to the comic. The freedom to express one's opinion also applies to my words. And I was not flaming. Now, if any of these three statements are untrue, you can go ahead and smack me about it.

As for my relationship to the good Ms. Amber... when did we get on that topic? What does that have to do with anything? I am a forumite. That's all. And not once have I claimed to be anything more.

So get off my back, please? I will not speak anymore of this! Take that as a hint.

Damaris

I'm sorry, forumites tend to not give admins hints.  You called someone a name, period.  Everyone else just as much right to discuss the points they want to (without it degrading into a fight) as you do.  Just because you find it pointless doesn't mean that everyone agrees with you.

Now, you've annoyed me.  Apologize to superluster, and give him a hug, or you're grounded.

*edited to add parentheses- the point was a little difficult to see.

superluser

Quote from: Teroniss on February 05, 2007, 02:07:47 PMSee, the main problem i have with the theory that thats not Kammi in second panel is that the ice spell that hit Selev burst through the whole tower in a wide building encompassing area of effect, also breaking windows. The figure in the second panel not only has enough room to show their full figure, but the windows are unbroken. Now sure you could say the ice melted, but then, why didnt whats impaling them melt too? Also, why isnt the window broken. Only answer, thats Kammi, not Selev, and thats not the tower Devin hit.

Now that is a good point.  It still leaves the problem of what the person was impaled on.  I still think that if that's a woman, she's got breasts growing out of her neck.

ShiningShadow

But in any case we don't know that being being impaled on the wall is a demon or Glory's group. If i'm a betting man I say it's the demon on the wall with the ice lance impaled on his or her chest. I seen icicles that is very smooth that can be used as a impaled weapon.

Teroniss

1. To answer you super, if thats a shoulder thats making that hump and not a breast, then its a very dislocated should, because even in a major slouch, getting a should at that angle is really difficult.

2. To answer you Shining, please refer to my above post. There were 4 Demons, Selev, shadowed demon speaking to kria, kria and selev's brother. Selev was in the tower shooting fireballs when Devin used the Ice spell on it, all but obliterating the tower. Therefore, it cant be Selev.

superluser

Quote from: Teroniss on February 06, 2007, 04:55:01 PM1. To answer you super, if thats a shoulder thats making that hump and not a breast, then its a very dislocated should, because even in a major slouch, getting a should at that angle is really difficult.

Yeah, the only ways you'd be able to get the arm into that position would involve death or serious injury...

...oh wait.