http://www.ccawards.com/2007.htm

QuoteOUTSTANDING ANTHROPOMORPHIC COMIC:
Angry D. Monkey by Keon Brown
Dan & Mab's Furry Adventures by Amber M. Williams
Digger by Ursula Vernon
Lackadaisy by Tracey J. Butler
VG Cats by Scott Ramsoomair

surprised noone spotted this earlier.

Any webcomickers here that have already registered? If not, still, the best of luck to Amber!

Jim Halisstrad

Props to Amber, but dollars to donuts that VGCats or Digger wins.

fesworks

Nah, IF anyone buy DMFA wins, my money would be on Lackadaisy over those two.

I'm still betting on, and voting for, DMFA.

And actually, I think Angry D. Monkey is better than Lackadaisy... In my opinion, as far as keeping me entertained (I got bored reading Lackadaisy's archive, albiet pretty).

but that's me I guess.

Manawolf

Only DMFA or VG Cats, but then again VG Cats is only Anthro as far as the two main characters.  The others are either pay to read or I never heard of them.  Down with them in any case.

Secateur

I'm betting on Digger, since it was also nominated for an Eisner Award.

Manawolf

Bah, the stuff I saw only led me to believe Digger does nothing more than wax philosophy.  Sorry, but you need something resembling a punchline somewhere withing 10 strips, be you comic or graphic novel.

Zina

Reese Tora

Having read most of those (not Angry D Monkey, and only the free portion of Digger)

Lackadaisy has stunning art, but I doubt that, with that level of quality, it has the rate of update to hold as large a fan base.

Digger seemed well done, but it's largely inaccessable without paying for access.

VGcats is funny, but it's hardly teh best Anthro comic out there, much as I like it.

I would say that Digger, DMFA, and Lackadaisy should be the front runners, and I would put my money on Lackadaisy to win, except I don't think it's well enough known to actually win.

From that, my persoanl preference would be for DMFA to win because Amber has regularly delivered stunning art and great humor for the last many many years(many three, if you don't count the hiatus... that FAQ needs minor date related updating, says 5-6 years).
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Turnsky

Quote from: Reese Tora on January 31, 2007, 04:10:05 AM

From that, my persoanl preference would be for DMFA to win because Amber has regularly delivered stunning art and great humor for the last many many years(many three, if you don't count the hiatus... that FAQ needs minor date related updating, says 5-6 years).

when amber came off from her hiatus, DMFA's been more or less consistant in its update schedule.

I feel that all the comics nominated for best anthropomorphic, deserve that nomination, especially DMFA, i believe it's something that Amber's earnt for her hard work to bringing us quality webcomicky goodness.  :3 (even though Amber herself wouldn't potentially see the "quality" part  :P )

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

fesworks

AH! Found it!

Turnsky

amber needn't fear praise, really, as long as she gets enjoyment from her comic, that's all that truly matters.

between you and me, though, on a professional level i envy how she can get the lineart so clean.

ShiningShadow

I want Amber to win this strip is the best I seen so far and she deserve the accolades and praise. I 'm here for the duration of this strip forever and that is never going to change.

fesworks

Quote from: Turnsky on January 31, 2007, 06:08:36 AM
amber needn't fear praise, really, as long as she gets enjoyment from her comic, that's all that truly matters.

between you and me, though, on a professional level i envy how she can get the lineart so clean.

Yea, especially after I found out she DOESN'T use a tablet, I'm amazed by her coloring skill!

ShiningShadow

She is very cool when she dosen't realize it. But in any case we the fanboys and girls are here to support her and give her just due.

Damaris

Sitting in a room and watching her color is absolutely fascinating.  I've tried to incorporate some of her techniques (with eh results), but it's a neat process to watch.  Kinda like those hackers in "leet hackzors" movies, where their fingers are flying over the keyboard.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Alondro

Horray for Amber!  It's hard for me to say for sure who will win that category.  Each is quite different and strong in different areas of style, story, and comedy.

DMFA has grown enormously.  The characters are growing ever more complex and the story is evolving many little twists and turns to the point where you wonder who's actually manipulating who and for what reason.  Yet the comedy remains, even with the increased drama.  Add in the wonderful artwork and it's no wonder DMFA is a contender this year.

Heh, I actually have the first volume of "Digger" and have been a regular reader.  There is humor, but it's subtle and often mixed in with the pseudo-philosophy.  Ursula's done some sketches for me as well.   I like that coy cleverness.  And a wombat as the main character is certainly original!  There is quite a bit of mixing of various theologies and the conceptualization of gods is quite interesting.  As Homer Simpson would say, "Hey Ganesha, wanna peanut?"  :3

VG Cats, often crude, frequently clever, has occaisionally made me get a nosebleed from laughter.  But I don't know if it has enough consistency.  And it relies very heavily on gaming aspects that the average person simply won't understand.  There are some of the comics where I say to myself, "Ok, something is funny here, but I don't know what or why."  A truly great comic punchline is one that can transcend simple farce and reach a wider audience who may not even know the subject matter.

As for the other two, I've never heard of them!  I'll have to take a peek.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Fex

Vote for DMFA or else I will visit you at night and it is not for coffee :gun1 =3

I hope she wins becouse she is on top of my fav list of webcomics

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Fex on February 01, 2007, 07:08:16 AM
Vote for DMFA or else I will visit you at night and it is not for coffee :gun1 =3

I hope she wins becouse she is on top of my fav list of webcomics

Yeah same here I bring over my 50 Cal. machine gun and my double edged katanas so vote for DMFA or else :gun2.

Turnsky

webcomic artists are only allowed to vote, or so i think..  >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on February 01, 2007, 07:29:55 AM

Is that "Only webcomic artists can vote", or "Webcomic artists can vote but not do anything else"?

**EDIT**
Scratch that, it's called "Cartoonists' Choice" so I guess it's the former...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2007, 07:34:32 AM

Is that "Only webcomic artists can vote", or "Webcomic artists can vote but not do anything else"?

**EDIT**

yeah, the former.

i only got 5 hours of sleep last night, my grammar's a tad off.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 01, 2007, 08:21:31 AM
Git yer granpa ta help her?

... I'll get my coat.

there's an irony in this.. i do take care of my ailing grandmother full time..  :U

fesworks

Quote from: Turnsky on February 01, 2007, 07:36:14 AM

**EDIT**

yeah, the former.

NOMINATE and vote. ;)

ShiningShadow

Quote from: fesworks on February 01, 2007, 09:30:35 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on February 01, 2007, 07:36:14 AM

**EDIT**

yeah, the former.

NOMINATE and vote. ;)

I bet you voted I can't I'm not a web cartoonist. If I put up one which is nothing but cockroaches having a discussion then I'm qualified. But I haven't put this out on the web so I'm not a cartoonist.

Aridas

I don't think throwing something together randomly on a whim suddenly makes you a cartoonist...

ShiningShadow

I know that being a cartoonist take time and a lot of ideas and effort to make a strip. I can't imagine the whole thought process that Amber goes through every time when she makes the next strip. I bet it a very difficult process which she does it with such ease. I know this process is difficult for everybody including me. But hey all you have to do is have that drive and paitence to make this work and lot of practice to fine tune your skills.

Tiny crested flint

If you want to win, then you need to, on the night before, were you socks and pajamas inside-out and put a spoon fork and knife under your pillow.  I swear, everytime.  (fork and knife opptional)

Good Luck Amber‼‼‼!!!!

Fex