WOOHOO! SNOW-DAY!!!

Started by topher chee, January 18, 2007, 08:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topher chee

In the hottest part of the freaking world we have a snow day.  I just got done dancing and rejoicing so I'm tired but hooray for the districts of texas!

Blazehawk

You stole meh snow, I want it back.  :O

Supercheese

My younger cousins in Portland, Oregon are out of school due to snow...

Faerie Alex

Up here, we finally just got our first dusting today. We broke the record (for NYC at least) from 1866 (or something like that).

I wish it would snow more like it usually does.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

Xuzaf D

Quote from: topher chee on January 18, 2007, 08:10:44 PM
In the hottest part of the freaking world we have a snow day.  I just got done dancing and rejoicing so I'm tired but hooray for the districts of texas!
GET A JOB!

topher chee

Quote from: Warlike on January 18, 2007, 10:15:57 PM
GET A JOB!

I'm underage! XP

And yes El Paso stole all of Canada's and the other northern region's snow.  Give us a break.  It's Global Warming, we have an extremely hot summer ahead of us.

xHaZxMaTx

Global Warming Climate Change. :P

Roureem Egas

I thought you were from New Zealand according to your profile. Must've been my imagination.

topher chee

Nope, I lied on that, I'm not gonna give out my location....of course I probably just did but oh well

Stygian

Yay! Lies and slander! Here in Sweden it's cold as shit below freezing, but it only rains and blows hurricane winds! Cookies for us!

Eibborn

Excuse me while I whine about how it can be cold enough for exposed flesh to freeze in ten minutes outside without having a snow day. I GUESS SASKATCHEWANIANS ARE MADE OF FIRMER STUFF THAN YOU!  :rolleyes
I've never had a snow day. :< The idea of a day off due to snow sounds ludicrous and appealing to me.
/kicks the internet over

Gabi

Quote from: Eibbor_N on January 19, 2007, 07:33:51 PM
Excuse me while I whine about how it can be cold enough for exposed flesh to freeze in ten minutes outside without having a snow day. I GUESS SASKATCHEWANIANS ARE MADE OF FIRMER STUFF THAN YOU!  :rolleyes
I've never had a snow day. :< The idea of a day off due to snow sounds ludicrous and appealing to me.
So it does. More appealing than having to work under this heat.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Eibbor_N...cold enough for exposed flesh to freeze in ten minutes outside...
D:  Holy crap, that's cold!  I thought water freezing in the gutter was cold. :<

Eibborn

Quote from: Gabi on January 19, 2007, 07:35:46 PM
Quote from: Eibbor_N on January 19, 2007, 07:33:51 PM
So it does. More appealing than having to work under this heat.
I guess we're looking at it from opposite ends of the spectrum, eh? We're polar opposites then, Gabi!
Hyuck hyuck, forgive me for the pun.
/kicks the internet over

topher chee

Alan Garou

The snow's gone for those of us up in Austin. I was trapped inside for three days because it was too cold to go outside and my jacket is a size too small. Fortunately, I was fine thanks to my net connection.  :)

topher chee

yes, i dont think i saw one bit of snow except for that on the mountain U.U

[edit]
More snow, this time way more.

Drake Manaweilder

Quote from: topher chee on January 21, 2007, 10:31:53 PM
More snow, this time way more.

Care to send some my way? I'm not ready for Exams yet. :<

topher chee

lol.  Yes, we all got to skip school again.  This has to be the only two Snow-Days the borderland has ever seen.

The Lurking Dragon

see, the problem with people who live in the Midwest, is that the people who make decisions like that remember worse storms and/or own 4 wheel drive vehicles so you learn to deal with it. Texans on the other hand would probably see a sander as a dump truck with a funny thing on the back. Kinda like they find this cold white stuff falling out of the sky odd. (teasing.)
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

topher chee

Lol, yes we do.  My snowman froze overnight, but it must be gone by now.

Valynth

Global warming and its hippies can bite my shiney frozen ass! \bender mode

Anyway, it really hasn't gotten that cold here in 'bama, just barely cold enough to freeze at night.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

topher chee

its supposed to come back now and snow tonight and tomorrow, WOOHOO!  this is probably the most snow el paso has ever seen

Aridas

see, the problem with all this is that it's snowing where it probably shouldn't, and not snowing where it definitely shouldn't.

topher chee

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 25, 2007, 08:28:26 PM
see, the problem with all this is that it's snowing where it probably shouldn't, and not snowing where it definitely shouldn't.

i think you mean "and not snowing were it definitely should"

Aridas

Aisha deCabre

Ah, snow...we got our fair share here today...temperature roughly in the 20's Fahrenheit and little scattered squalls of blizzards.

I won't blame the lower states for stealing our snow, in fact, this snow came from the Great Lakes.  I'd give a cookie to them for their generosity.   :mowcookie

Finally it looks like winter... >.>
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

topher chee