Cast page update

Started by Amber Williams, December 24, 2006, 04:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

Urgh...I really need to keep an eye on my art to see when it gets really old.

Abel's cast page was revised. Some different/new information and a new image.  I might be revamping Mab's page next cause it is full of suck.

This would also be the time to suggest revisals or point out comments in the pages that are outdated...for I am stupid.

Later on the agenda is also a restarting of Demonology 101...primarily the race pages first and foremost. I've been holding them off too long.  If there are particular races you want to see first, feel free to suggest.  (Note I said races.)

I'm also in debates about adding a new section based on particular spells/abilites of races and general trivia like race-compatability and such.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.

Kasarn

Abel's new pic looks emo; I preferred the gay looking Abel :U
*complain complain complain complain complain*

Zedd

Alright do what you need  and we will watch in awe...And hope you get what you want mostly for xmas...Other than socks...with the little toes

Fex

QuoteI'm also in debates about adding a new section based on particular spells/abilites of races and general trivia like race-compatability and such.
do you mean that you already have the spell or that you are looking for them? does self invented spells count to so yes I have a great link for you.

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index.php

its a generator site always handy to get cool names for spells or create one your self

Amber Williams

Mostly I meant in terms of terminology and spells that often get referenced. A lot of people get some creatures inate abilities mixed up with abilities they have to learn to use...so I figured a little section about certain racial-abilities might be useful.

Fex

ah okay ^^

edit - uhm where are you going to change it? becouse it almost sounded as if your saying that your make a topic on this board and we can post there. if not sorry my brain is not on yet I just came out of bed  :3

DigitalMan

Whee, updates! :boogie

Hey, wait a minute! You just finished a full week update, get back on break, you! >:O

Amber Williams

Zedd

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 24, 2006, 05:14:04 AM
NEVAH!  :mwaha

*holds out a bucket of bufflo wings in tentcles* Heh heh...You know you want em

Amber Williams

...what kind of wings...and what kind of dressing? :U

Turnsky

can't go wrong with barbecue sauce...

although honey-soy dipping sauce is DELICIOUS..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

I think he's almost close Amber...But the chooise is yours! Cause I got the multipail! Basicly bigger than the KFC tub!  :mwaha

Amber Williams

...that's not an answer Zedd!

Your offering displeases me! *smite smite smite*

Turnsky

Sweet and sour sauce is also nice..

Sid

Glad to see that Abel's new picture still shows his SAIA outfit! :) *not awake enough to check the info updates, so that will come later*
:boogie

Arcalane

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 24, 2006, 04:29:18 AM
Mostly I meant in terms of terminology and spells that often get referenced. A lot of people get some creatures inate abilities mixed up with abilities they have to learn to use...so I figured a little section about certain racial-abilities might be useful.

So "common-but-not-standard-to-us" things like Glory's Shield, Devin's Ice Spike-thing and such, rather than going through and listing common spells like firebolt, right? And the fact `cubi have to learn to use their abilities rather than having them innately, etc.*

(*In that they have them to begin with, but need to learn how to harness and use the abilities they have.)

New Abel is all pouty. I think he looks kinda... well, to put it in the words of the Unreal 2 Marine... "Don't look at me like that."

EDIT: Chicken Wings!

ChaoSynergy

Wait...races or species?  And do you mean races/species that we've seen in the comic but do not have a Demonology page?

Zedd

Arug my humerus bones! *wings twich*

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 24, 2006, 05:14:04 AM
NEVAH!  :mwaha

So, how much for a commission of Wildy and Biggs as The Nutcracker and The Mouse King?   >:3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nutcracker_and_the_Mouse_King

With regards,
Ted

topher chee

yay! *dances*
Running a comic is hard enough, I'm surprised you want to redo a lot of that suff.
Coolies^^

Eibborn

Hm, Amber, I think that there may be a mistake with the html or something for Abel's new cast page. Unless you intended for the last two paragraphs to turn yellow (and is that bold as well?) when someone mouses over them? ;)
/kicks the internet over

Kasarn

Quote from: Eibbor_N on December 24, 2006, 06:29:24 PM
Hm, Amber, I think that there may be a mistake with the html or something for Abel's new cast page. Unless you intended for the last two paragraphs to turn yellow (and is that bold as well?) when someone mouses over them? ;)

She used <a/> at the end of the Abel's Story link instead </a>

It also has <TD WIDTH="515" Class="rant" VALIGN="TOP"> resulting in black text at the top while others have <TD WIDTH="515" VALIGN="TOP"> resulting in white text.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Does nobody here have any concept of how the pm thing works?

Sheesh. We all know people make mistakes, but it's not hard to drop a quiet pm into Amber's box, and let her deal with it, now, is it? Rather than messaging her here, in the sight of everyone?

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that's somewhat impolite...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kasarn

NEVAH, DMFA NEEDS MOER :HOVER EFFECTS!!!

Gabi

Trivia? I'm still willing to help with that. If you give me the questions and answers, I can make a quiz with them.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

RJ

I'm a sucker for game shows and random trivia...

<3

Now back to opening presents. Yay, Astro Boy!

superluser

Saay, is there any way we could convince Amber to sticky this thread and note whenever she makes an update?  Once all the cast pages are updated, it could be de-stickied.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 24, 2006, 07:29:00 PMSheesh. We all know people make mistakes, but it's not hard to drop a quiet pm into Amber's box, and let her deal with it, now, is it? Rather than messaging her here, in the sight of everyone?

Yeah.  I try to keep it to PMs unless it's something interesting.  Like the gender of the Latin word for shield or when someone calls someone a half-bread instead of half-breed.  I don't always follow my own advice, though.  I did manage not to comment on the mispelling of dragon as `Dagon.'

...until now, I mean.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Amber Williams

Well I'm not updating ALL the cast pages. Just a couple that are badly art outdated or have out of date info if they have them.

That and I'm slow so it will likely be a month or 3 before I get to them. XD

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 24, 2006, 11:33:17 PM
Well I'm not updating ALL the cast pages. Just a couple that are badly art outdated or have out of date info if they have them.

That and I'm slow so it will likely be a month or 3 before I get to them. XD

Procrastination is the webcomic artist's constant companion.  :p

superluser

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 24, 2006, 11:33:17 PMThat and I'm slow so it will likely be a month or 3 before I get to them. XD

I could deal with this being stickied for three months.

Ah, well.  At least I tried.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?